BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 8, 2013 8:13 pm  #2241

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Hehe, I think he is the first bad guy I have ever seriously "crushed on" , though because Benedict is him I may be a bit biased 

Only a bit biased...? Now, if that isn't the understatement of the year...!
Benedict's Khan brought me close to tears when he talked about his family... "Is there anything you wouldn't do for your family, Kirk?"

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 8, 2013 8:14 pm  #2242

Sob.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 9, 2013 2:33 am  #2243

when you find a website with awesome Sherlock fabric but you have to remind yourself you can't sew before you buy it all.

================================================================

August 9, 2013 4:21 am  #2244

SolarSystem wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Hehe, I think he is the first bad guy I have ever seriously "crushed on" , though because Benedict is him I may be a bit biased 

Benedict's Khan brought me close to tears when he talked about his family... "Is there anything you wouldn't do for your family, Kirk?"

Well...I suppose more than a bit, hehe  

Same here, during that entire scene...I was on the edge of my seat, and completely enraptured by Benedict's performance, I cried. 

-------------------------------------------------------

August 9, 2013 6:20 am  #2245

Michele wrote:

when you find a website with awesome Sherlock fabric but you have to remind yourself you can't sew before you buy it all.

uh, would you mind sharing the web site, please?

August 9, 2013 6:45 am  #2246

The Doctor wrote:

Michele wrote:

Of Course...

http://www.spoonflower.com/welcome

you can also get wrapping paper!!! SHERLOCK WRAPPING PAPER!!!!

Anyone talented enough want to make me a Sherlock / Supernatural / Doctor Who skirt??? PLEASE?!?!?

================================================================

August 9, 2013 7:12 am  #2247

SolarSystem wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Watching him as Khan is what made me watch Sherlock in the first place. I was so wowed by his performance I had to see him in something else. Now I'm here I'm never leaving x

As a lifelong Trek fan this film was the first time I wanted the baddie to win. He did that to me. I seriously love Khan x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

August 9, 2013 1:57 pm  #2248

nicbooful wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Watching him as Khan is what made me watch Sherlock in the first place. I was so wowed by his performance I had to see him in something else. Now I'm here I'm never leaving x

As a lifelong Trek fan this film was the first time I wanted the baddie to win. He did that to me. I seriously love Khan x

Haha! Same here 

August 9, 2013 1:58 pm  #2249

Me two...or three?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 9, 2013 2:21 pm  #2250

Ha, same here.
One could of course argue that maybe Benedict's baddie wasn't a real baddie or maybe not bad enough then, but... no, he really had his quite sinister moments, but at the same time his arguments were so... human. Of all the bad guys in the Trek movies I really have to say: Benedict was the best.(Although I also liked Malcom McDowell an F. Murray Abraham very much...)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 9, 2013 3:09 pm  #2251

Michele wrote:

The Doctor wrote:

Michele wrote:

Of Course...

http://www.spoonflower.com/welcome

you can also get wrapping paper!!! SHERLOCK WRAPPING PAPER!!!!

Anyone talented enough want to make me a Sherlock / Supernatural / Doctor Who skirt??? PLEASE?!?!?

...when you follow a sherlock-link and find yourself looking at baby rabbits and pink Cumberbatches.
   (I must really stop doing this)

August 9, 2013 5:49 pm  #2252

when you view the fandom and fellow fans as family and support them always

August 9, 2013 6:30 pm  #2253

When you can recite entire scenes word for word from memory...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 9, 2013 9:15 pm  #2254

When you only talk about Sherlock, and you mostly think about Sherlock. Or if you see anything about London and it reminds you of Sherlock.

Last edited by DitzyDamnDaffy (August 9, 2013 9:15 pm)

"Partita No. 1. Thank you, Johann Sebastian Bach."

August 9, 2013 9:25 pm  #2255

DitzyDamnDaffy wrote:

When you only talk about Sherlock, and you mostly think about Sherlock. Or if you see anything about London and it reminds you of Sherlock.

You're well on your way, I see!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 10, 2013 2:57 pm  #2256

When you hope someone brings you to Buckingham Palace every time you see a helicopter...
When you write about THoB in a french class-test when asked to describe one of your favourite movies...
When you are almost angry because your description wasn't detailed enough due to missing vocabulary...
And when you are VERY angry when you miss an opportunity to quote Sherlock... (Sadly, I can't remember which quote it actually was.)

August 10, 2013 3:50 pm  #2257

SolarSystem wrote:

Ha, same here.
One could of course argue that maybe Benedict's baddie wasn't a real baddie or maybe not bad enough then, but... no, he really had his quite sinister moments, but at the same time his arguments were so... human. Of all the bad guys in the Trek movies I really have to say: Benedict was the best.(Although I also liked Malcom McDowell an F. Murray Abraham very much...)

I feel the same way, he felt more like...an antagonist in some form (though yes he did horrible things) more than a "villain" per se. Marcus has always felt like the true villain in the film, for me the biggest difference between him and Khan is that I feel intense empathy for Khan, I don't feel that for Marcus.

Anyway, another sign of Sherlock obsession....you know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you start talking about it suddenly, with no prompt, for no particular reason...just because 

August 10, 2013 6:28 pm  #2258

I've been out all day and had no access to the Internet.  I've bought a new phone and the first thing I did when I got home was to set it up to access this site in case I've missed anything!  I bookmarked this site straight away.  I guess I'm just prioritising the important things in my life....

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

August 10, 2013 7:26 pm  #2259

tobeornot221b wrote:

DitzyDamnDaffy wrote:

You're well on your way, I see!

Oh, yes! Very well on my way. 

"Partita No. 1. Thank you, Johann Sebastian Bach."

August 10, 2013 10:50 pm  #2260

You know you're thoroughly fan-girled, when!
Tinkering at my desk, not really paying attention to tv commercials, until hear an ad involving something to do with 'BC'.   Say what?  Look over, and it's clips of people talking about how much whatever the product is helped them, with a big 'BC' logo in background.  Something about how BC helped make them feel so much better and cured their aches!!  o.o   Ok, ok, I know you guys probably know where my bad stream-of-thought went with that!  *innocent look*   (but I want a "BC" too!)
And at the end, the typical ending screen with the product logo, narrator speaking, and their slogan - "Relief at the speed of BC'.   You don't say….. 

(and I found the product!   http://www.amazon.com/health-personal-care/dp/B000GG12ZK)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera