BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 6, 2013 6:05 pm  #2221

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

You know you're obsessed when you're already getting a little excited about making a special five hour 'trip up north' to see Frankenstein in November.  A bit of a drive, but should feel fortunate it's near here at all!!   o.o  *sends hugs to those countries who didn't even bother, although some of you got it the last time around, when I hadn't even heard of it!*   And?  And?  The theatre's website even put a little notice in the description letting you specifically know that what you're getting to see is the version where 'Benedict Cumberbatch plays the Creature'.  Even more yay!  ;D   (I know they would both be awesome, and heard good merits for both from others, but I just think his style would be perfect in that…) 

Anyone else going?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 6, 2013 6:11 pm  #2222

Is it true that he's naked on stage when he plays the creature?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 6, 2013 7:11 pm  #2223

I think I heard that either of the guys pretty much are, in effect, when the Creature is being 'born' and crawling to its feet on stage (but being artistically strategic about it).  Then of course he gets some rags and stuff....  ;)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

August 6, 2013 7:19 pm  #2224

Could I fit into your suitcase?

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 6, 2013 7:26 pm  #2225

kittykat wrote:

Would it be possible for me to get in there too? I can make myself tiny 

-------------------------------------------------------

August 6, 2013 7:29 pm  #2226

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Would it be possible for me to get in there too? I can make myself tiny 

I'm only short so it might work!

August 6, 2013 7:35 pm  #2227

I've got another...when you're watching The Hobbit and the credits are rolling, and you grin like an idiot when you see Martin and Benedict's names up there

August 6, 2013 7:49 pm  #2228

Ha... you guys...     (and again, that's only the unresearched impression I got and that they were carefully artistic about it, just during the birth scene!)  ;P   But.....  Kitty....  pttph, you list yourself in England!  The National belongs to -you- guys and has TONS of theatres for encores, according to them!  It's those of us over the pond that only have a few in some more major/theatre-oriented cities that I'm very lucky enough to be 'close enough' to (to say nothing of being sympathetically surprised that there's nothing else listed in the rest of Europe, since I heard some of them got encores the last time around).  No suitcase needed!   ;)    (Silver, on the other hand... well... maybe Chicago or New York or the ones by Seattle if you're close enough on either far end?)

August 7, 2013 11:41 am  #2229

Russell wrote:

Ha... you guys... (and again, that's only the unresearched impression I got and that they were carefully artistic about it, just during the birth scene!) ;P But..... Kitty.... pttph, you list yourself in England! The National belongs to -you- guys and has TONS of theatres for encores, according to them! It's those of us over the pond that only have a few in some more major/theatre-oriented cities that I'm very lucky enough to be 'close enough' to (to say nothing of being sympathetically surprised that there's nothing else listed in the rest of Europe, since I heard some of them got encores the last time around). No suitcase needed! ;) (Silver, on the other hand... well... maybe Chicago or New York or the ones by Seattle if you're close enough on either far end?)

Well even though I actually would love to go, New York would be the one I could go to (I'm in southern Ontario, I didn't even know there would be a showing of it in NY...?), unlikely that I could actually afford it  ...it really depends on exactly when the show is (which I don't know), who knows, by that point I might be able to attend 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (August 7, 2013 11:42 am)

August 7, 2013 11:43 am  #2230

kittykat wrote:

I've got another...when you're watching The Hobbit and the credits are rolling, and you grin like an idiot when you see Martin and Benedict's names up there

Hehe, I do that every time 

August 7, 2013 12:48 pm  #2231

And you turn the volume up when the Necromancer is on the screen because he speaks and the voice is very familiar!

August 7, 2013 3:23 pm  #2232

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Hehe, I do that every time 

Me, too.
Watched The Hobbit several times and the last time hubby asked: "So, shall we go then?" "Wait, wait, just another minute!"
I could swear he was secretly rolling his eyes. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 7, 2013 3:26 pm  #2233

When you catch the end of an old episode of ' Only Fools and horses' and notice Del has some Sherlock wallpaper!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 7, 2013 5:23 pm  #2234

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Russell wrote:

Ha... you guys... (and again, that's only the unresearched impression I got and that they were carefully artistic about it, just during the birth scene!) ;P But..... Kitty.... pttph, you list yourself in England! The National belongs to -you- guys and has TONS of theatres for encores, according to them! It's those of us over the pond that only have a few in some more major/theatre-oriented cities that I'm very lucky enough to be 'close enough' to (to say nothing of being sympathetically surprised that there's nothing else listed in the rest of Europe, since I heard some of them got encores the last time around). No suitcase needed! ;) (Silver, on the other hand... well... maybe Chicago or New York or the ones by Seattle if you're close enough on either far end?)

Well even though I actually would love to go, New York would be the one I could go to (I'm in southern Ontario, I didn't even know there would be a showing of it in NY...?), unlikely that I could actually afford it  ...it really depends on exactly when the show is (which I don't know), who knows, by that point I might be able to attend 

Well, then... just check their website!   http://ntlive.nationaltheatre.org.uk/productions/16546-frankenstein
Then just check out the theater in question to see about details.  Unfortunately, like I said, only see spots so far on both of our coasts, and plastered all over the U.K. (of course).  Hopefully that will change for some other countries.

August 8, 2013 9:18 am  #2235

When you are walking behind a woman in skirt and tights dragging a suitcase on a rainy day, and you stare at her legs analyzing the stain patterns.

August 8, 2013 9:33 am  #2236

When you're standing in a shop where you can buy bags and suitcases and you see a PINK suitcase in exactly the right ASiP-size (and it's cheap, it's a sale!) and you seriously think about buying it although you already own two suitcases and really don't need a third one.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 8, 2013 12:56 pm  #2237

When you see a poster of Khan and start blushing at that stare...

August 8, 2013 12:59 pm  #2238

kittykat wrote:

When you see a poster of Khan and start blushing at that stare...

Hehe, I think he is the first bad guy I have ever seriously "crushed on" , though because Benedict is him I may be a bit biased 

August 8, 2013 5:51 pm  #2239

When you suddenly grin because you noticed something Sherlock related, people give you strange looks wondering why you are laughing, and all you can think of is Moriarty in Reichenbachfall:
'No one seems to get the joke...'

August 8, 2013 6:09 pm  #2240

FluteLocked wrote:

When you suddenly grin because you noticed something Sherlock related, people give you strange looks wondering why you are laughing, and all you can think of is Moriarty in Reichenbachfall:
'No one seems to get the joke...'

I love your avatar!

Board footera