BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 16, 2012 11:19 am  #201

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Hahaha, I love this website!!!

My last name is Moliatu and we get called moriarty all the time :3 Also my little brothers name is Joel. His initials are JM!! He is only nine years old and (apparently) to young to watch sherlock....but I have still showed him clips. He loves Moriarty and now signs all of his school work with JM ahh yesI have taught him well. He also said to me the other day "is it just me or is everyone else stupid?" He acts kinda like sherlock/moriarty. He wants to be an actor when he grows up and has recently joined an agency. He told everyone at his school that he is famous and has started giving away autographs

My whole family are sherlock fans! anyway here are some things that I have done. You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

-You paint a yellow smiley face on your bedroom wall, and buy a nerf gun so that you can shoot it when you're bored

-You sign up to websites that give away free samples, under Sherlocks name so that it looks like Sherlock directs his mail to you

-You join a class to learn body language and microexpressions, so that you can learn to be like sherlock

-You constantly roleplay Sherlock with your friend on school trips, and weird the hell out of everyone else (we were in the city and visiting an old jail/courthouse.....yeah...we didn't break character all day, but one awesome teacher who is also a sherlock fan, played along with us all day and pretended to be Mycroft)

-You give random people in your class sherlock character names and refuse to call them anything else (there is this one kid, who we call Mycroft, and it was his birthday last week and we bought him an umbrella, he was like "ok.....I don't know who you are....but thanks...I think....)

-You wear the school blazer all the time (with the collar up of course) because it looks like Sherlocks jacket

-Everytime your phone rings (staying alive ringtone) you loudly ask everyone around you if they mind if you get that

June 16, 2012 11:40 am  #202

sherlockskitty wrote:

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you step ON  your coffee table instead of going around it.

But isn't that normal behaviour for most kitty cats, not just the Sherlocked ones?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 16, 2012 11:42 am  #203

Now that you mention it - our tomcat always walks on the coffee table. And other tables as well. Maybe we should call him Sherlock  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 16, 2012 11:43 am  #204

142543 wrote:

My whole family are sherlock fans! anyway here are some things that I have done. You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

-You paint a yellow smiley face on your bedroom wall, and buy a nerf gun so that you can shoot it when you're bored

-You sign up to websites that give away free samples, under Sherlocks name so that it looks like Sherlock directs his mail to you

-You join a class to learn body language and microexpressions, so that you can learn to be like sherlock

-You constantly roleplay Sherlock with your friend on school trips, and weird the hell out of everyone else (we were in the city and visiting an old jail/courthouse.....yeah...we didn't break character all day, but one awesome teacher who is also a sherlock fan, played along with us all day and pretended to be Mycroft)

-You give random people in your class sherlock character names and refuse to call them anything else (there is this one kid, who we call Mycroft, and it was his birthday last week and we bought him an umbrella, he was like "ok.....I don't know who you are....but thanks...I think....)

-You wear the school blazer all the time (with the collar up of course) because it looks like Sherlocks jacket

-Everytime your phone rings (staying alive ringtone) you loudly ask everyone around you if they mind if you get that

Yep; you've got the bug. Welcome to the forum! Head on over to the "Introductions" thread and properly introduce yourself (this is a British show, after all...). You'll find plenty of companion-nuts here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 16, 2012 11:43 am  #205

142543 wrote:

Hahaha, I love this website!!!

My last name is Moliatu and we get called moriarty all the time :3 Also my little brothers name is Joel. His initials are JM!! He is only nine years old and (apparently) to young to watch sherlock....but I have still showed him clips. He loves Moriarty and now signs all of his school work with JM ahh yesI have taught him well. He also said to me the other day "is it just me or is everyone else stupid?" He acts kinda like sherlock/moriarty. He wants to be an actor when he grows up and has recently joined an agency. He told everyone at his school that he is famous and has started giving away autographs

Haha, these are brilliant...I wish I could come on your school trips! (Welcome to the forum by the way)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 16, 2012 12:46 pm  #206

Oh, I'm just getting quite nostalgic. I remember doing roleplay with my friends at school and at home even if we didn't have anything as brilliant as Sherlock 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 18, 2012 4:20 am  #207

My tiny geeky Sherlock moment of the day: in an airport, waiting for a (very late) plane. "Passenger Moriarty" was paged and I spent entirely too long thinking about whether I would be happy or unhappy to have him on my flight. Then we finally boarded, and the TV at my seat was tuned to HGTV, specifically the show Holmes on Homes (which I'd never heard of before), more specifically the "Holmes Inspection" segment.

June 18, 2012 7:19 pm  #208

imane nikko wrote:

My tiny geeky Sherlock moment of the day: in an airport, waiting for a (very late) plane. "Passenger Moriarty" was paged and I spent entirely too long thinking about whether I would be happy or unhappy to have him on my flight. Then we finally boarded, and the TV at my seat was tuned to HGTV, specifically the show Holmes on Homes (which I'd never heard of before), more specifically the "Holmes Inspection" segment.

WOW....that sounds like an amazing airport and flight experience. Jealous.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 18, 2012 7:40 pm  #209

OK, my geeky moment. Someone at work said "easy-peasy," and I blurted out, "Do you watch Sherlock?"

June 18, 2012 7:45 pm  #210

Our general family conversation goes like this;
Mum: You need to get a life and get off that computer!
Me: But Mum, I don't want a life if it doesn't involve Sherlock!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 18, 2012 8:20 pm  #211

Setting your phone wallpaper to a photo you took today which has two pictures in it: one says KEEP CALM AND PUT THE KETTLE ON and the other says MAKE TEA NOT WAR.

I also confess I left a slip of paper by these in the shop which said I BELIEVE IN SHERLOCK RICH BROOK IS A FAKE.

I was sooooo nervous doing it though   

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 18, 2012 8:29 pm  #212

Yeah, I graffitied  in the school loos on Friday, just a small 'I believe in Sherlock Holmes' in a faded ballpoint but it got my heart racing!!
Well, I guess it's a pretty harmless way of getting your kicks!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 18, 2012 8:43 pm  #213

Well done, Davina and Molly – I know exactly how you were feeling! 
Last week I thought it might be an excellent idea if I could stick a "Moriarty was real" post-it to anything labelled "Westwood". I had no "I believe in Sherlock" papers with me then– only this one with Moriarty on it. So I walked straight into a men's clothing shop. Unfortunately, there was no "Westwood". The only Sherlock related brand I could find was "Belstaff". But – somehow I couldn't get myself to leave the Moriarty sticker behind there. Wonder why…

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 18, 2012 8:44 pm  #214

Davina wrote:

I also confess I left a slip of paper by these in the shop which said I BELIEVE IN SHERLOCK RICH BROOK IS A FAKE. 

You're obsessed when you can't seem to delete The Reichenbach Fall from your DVR memory. It's been weeks, and there it sits. At least once a day, I watch 5 minutes or so of it, watching my fave scenes over and over again. Speaking of Rich Brook, my fave scene of all my fave scenes in TRF is probably that one in Penny's flat, when Moriarty appears like that-- first time I saw it, I think I forgot to breathe. One of the great subtle touches in that scene are the huge words MAKE BELIEVE that appear on Penny's wall near her door. Indeed. Moriarty knows all about that.

June 18, 2012 8:45 pm  #215

Oh, I haven't done anything like this - so far. The yellow post-its are ready on my desk. Let's see where I can put some tomorrow …

June 18, 2012 9:07 pm  #216

Advice. Have some written out ready. I cannot tell you how nervous I was trying to write my note, in the shop, without anyone noticing.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 18, 2012 9:55 pm  #217

Oh, I LOVE this idea!

And I am so disappointed that I won't have my I AM SHERLOCKED t-shirt in time to wear when one of our local festivals shows Game of Shadows outdoors this week.

Last edited by veecee (June 18, 2012 11:14 pm)

June 19, 2012 10:29 am  #218

Mission accomplished! I just went to the supermarket and put my prepared "I believe in Sherlock Holmes" note on the big blue box with the tissues in it. I felt very conspiratorial and couldn't stop grinning. Maybe next time I go there I'll meet with suspicious looks because they had me on CCTV  .

June 19, 2012 12:15 pm  #219

When you try to observe always keenly and when the one that you're observing caught you, you feel awkward.
When you try to deduce the rule on the question "how did that happen?" based on given and result alone.
When you try to deduce from what you're observing, and tells that to the people that you've observed, and they'll be amazed to you.
When you do all of what I've said earlier as part of your life, constantly practicing so that you could be like Sherlock, and eventually, it'll boost your self confidence.

June 19, 2012 1:26 pm  #220

When you see Nicorette patches in a shop an immediately think of...Sherlock.
When you see a 'Make your own Gingerbread Man' cooking set and think of...Moriarty.

Board footera