BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 26, 2013 7:18 am  #1981

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Michele wrote:

Ma5dz wrote:

Michele wrote:

It only snows in a small part of Australia (probably a fairly good size compared to the UK but small compared to Australia). We are actually going to NZ to see snow. So I've already packed my scarf in anticipation of walking around in the cold imaging I'm Sherlock!

You have fun. You may even see a few Hobbits ;) 

My life would be complete! I did read that they are doing some more filming for The Hobbit so the fact I'll be in the same country as Martin Freeman is pretty bloody exciting! I think I could pass as a hobbit... maybe they need some extras

If they do I will so go with you. That would be so amazing

April 26, 2013 10:59 am  #1982

lol, I am lucky because I tend to get cold really quickly I wear coats quite often? But yeah, overall temperatures are reasonable high in Australia..

April 26, 2013 11:10 am  #1983

The Doctor wrote:

lol, I am lucky because I tend to get cold really quickly I wear coats quite often? But yeah, overall temperatures are reasonable high in Australia..

Depends in Melbourne. Were a funny bunch. One minute it's 40 degrees then 10 seconds later its 10 degrees. 

Go Melbourne. 

April 26, 2013 7:14 pm  #1984

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

Schmiezi wrote:

...when on said training you are supposed to imagine being in a special place and you end up on a chair in front of the fireplace, listening to violin music, smelling the left-over of chinese take-away and chemicals.

Sounds nice. I would like to be there, too.

It was really homely. We were supposed to imagine being in a real place we've visited before, but that was too boring.
I've used that technique three times now, and funny enough I always end up smelling different things. Funny.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 26, 2013 11:24 pm  #1985

Hm? Where am I? In the weather thread? 

I will have to try Baker Street next time I try to relax and want to imagine a nice place.
Not sure if it's really relaxing, though.

Last edited by Mattlocked (April 26, 2013 11:25 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 1, 2013 7:21 pm  #1986

:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

May 1, 2013 7:25 pm  #1987

Hahaha 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 1, 2013 7:36 pm  #1988

How funny! Think twice before you make a wish 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 1, 2013 7:54 pm  #1989

Ha! That's great :D

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

May 1, 2013 10:05 pm  #1990

Hahahahahahahahaha thats would be so funny. 

May 2, 2013 3:43 am  #1991

Chuckling so hard.....      At least he didn't change her ringtone to something embarrassing or hide a tape-player under her bed, turning it on late at night to play wild/angry creature noises....   ;D

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 2, 2013 7:30 am  #1992

Yet! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 2, 2013 8:10 am  #1993

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

:

Just great! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 4, 2013 1:51 am  #1994

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock (the show or it's people ;)) when….

You're finally catching up with the last UK season of Being Human (talk about getting around to everything on my growing 'want to watch' list! ), and get to the finale.  And the next to last episode ends with the vampire 'Old Ones' coming to Britain, teasing you with a shot of them arriving at the warehouse.  Namely, this shot:

And your very first thought is, after perking up in puzzled amusement… wow… that long lean shape looks really familiar!  Plus that head… it…. it's.….

Oh my gosh, it IS!!  Mycroft/Mark!  Hiiiii!!    I never heard when it was on last year/had no idea you went undercover with the vampires!  Ha, better to operate the government, hm?  Bad thing….  ;)

Oh….  ohh My-croft….  you did NOT age well! 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

May 4, 2013 12:03 pm  #1995

Oh my croft! 

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 4, 2013 9:48 pm  #1996

Ha, I know!!  Right?  I didn't see any threads on Being Human here, so figured maybe very few people had gotten into it, or simply not chated about, or maybe just a passing mention in a Gatiss thread back when it happened.  Lucky for me, despite being way behind with catching some shows and flicks, it was a complete surprise.  ;)  Only thanks to Sherlock/DW I became much more aware of Gatiss and Moffat as writers, and knew Gatiss had had lots of minor parts over the years in stuff I hadn't heard of, but never seen him in anything but Sherlock (plus his past tweets about the theatre gig).  Heck, I was pleasantly surprised to look up his roles and found out he had a couple parts in Doctor Who, and hadn't known it was him at the time! 

Kind of an awesome surprise to see him come out of the shadows in that scene, then…  oi, that face!!  ;D   In the finale following the vampire Old Ones' arrival, theres even a scene of him on his "throne", looking just as cooly nonchalantly in charge as Mycroft would (if, ahem, not nearly as slick looking), and a signet ring, too!  Even more hilarious though, was a shot of him walking outside in the drizzle, a flunkie holding an umbrella over him (never leave home without it, hm, Mark?), and the shot of a re-enaction of The Last Supper, with him in the center, of course….  ;D

May 7, 2013 4:50 am  #1997

...when your best birthday present is a list of words all starting with P.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 7, 2013 6:01 am  #1998

Oh, so happy you liked it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 7, 2013 6:04 am  #1999

You're wellcum! 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 7, 2013 6:06 am  #2000

Mary. *clearing throat* 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera