BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 7, 2012 4:10 pm  #181

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Molly Hooper wrote:

Did the hairdresser know what you meant?!

I showed her a picture!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 7, 2012 4:12 pm  #182

Nice!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 7, 2012 9:48 pm  #183

I've officially crossed over into the world of Sherlock obsession. I was at Sherlockology and found what lipstick, mascara and nail polish Irene Adler was wearing on the show and I am in the process of ordering it all online. Clearly the men in the white coats at St. Bart's need to secure me before I do damage to myself and others.

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 8, 2012 9:12 pm  #184

Crescent wrote:

When you find yourslef walking like John (I do it this when I wear my Sherlock Holmes jacket for some reason)
When you find yourself on the couch more often. (I have one in my room and hardly use it and now I find myself on it more.)

Oh my god!  I'm walking like John too now - kind of that cute little military swing.  It makes me feel jaunty and energetic.  Now if Sherlock was walking beside me - even better!

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 8, 2012 9:16 pm  #185

Davina wrote:

Referring to Crescent's post. I find John's walk fascinating. Martin Freeman has done a really good job of giving him a military walk.
I think this is particularly noticeable in the last scene in The Reichenbach Fall when he is talking to Sherlock at the graveside. He finishes by pulling himself to attention, about turning and almost marching away.
Great characterisation!

That little nod then the quarter turn at the graveside totally did me in!  Brilliant!

June 8, 2012 9:25 pm  #186

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

That's absolutely amazing! Those people are legends! I would love to do that, but I have no Sherlockian friends except on the internet, awww.

I'm with you - no Sherlockian friends - which is why I signed up here today.  Glad I found it.  My husband is starting to think I'm out of my mind with this obsession. 

June 8, 2012 9:37 pm  #187

Maybe he can join too? Then poor m0r won't feel so outnumbered.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 8, 2012 10:04 pm  #188

KeepersPrice wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

That's absolutely amazing! Those people are legends! I would love to do that, but I have no Sherlockian friends except on the internet, awww.

I'm with you - no Sherlockian friends - which is why I signed up here today.  Glad I found it.  My husband is starting to think I'm out of my mind with this obsession. 

My boyfriend loves the show but he is not a devoted worshipper like the rest of us here. Commoner.

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 10, 2012 3:12 am  #189

Okay, so I'm new here and everyone else seems to have posted on this thread ages ago, but I just can't resist getting my own story in as I am now officially obsessed.  Back in 2010 when I heard the show was coming to PBS, I thought the premise sounded very intriguing and I was more than ready to tune in. I'm not an old school Sherlockian and was open to creativity and innovation; but I wondered how in the world they were going to do it.  Well, like many others I was mesmerized from the start by the pacing, the camera work, the technology, the acting, the story, and by the time they reached the line, "The game Mrs. Hudson, is on!" I actually screamed out loud with delight. Then later, "Houston, we have a mistake!" and the lovely little restaurant scene with John and Sherlock nailed it for me. The cliff hanger at the end of #3 was to die for.  But of course real life had to return -a challenging job, a daughter getting married - so much time passed and so many things took my mind off "Sherlock" I almost forgot about it.  Then in April I heard Series 2 was coming in May and knew I could not miss it.  The night of the first show I happened to be at a hotel on a business trip.  I made my excuses and retired to my room just before 9:00, where, with the room darkened, a large HD TV in front of me, and not a soul to distract me, it was just Sherlock and me together again at last.  It was love at first sight again and I was immediately plunged back into the magic and romance of it all.  Three weeks later I was left shaken and saddened at the end of TRF and wished badly I had someone to talk it over with. I was haunted for days by Molly's line, "You look sad when you think he can't see you" which I found heartbreaking.  Then one day it occurred to me - duh! - to Google in "Sherlock looks sad" and see what happens.  Presto!  The whole Sherlock world of fandom opened up before my eyes.  Why did I not think of this sooner!  So now I'm acting a bit like someone in love - not hungry, adrenalized, viewing fan vids, searching out sites, links and blogs, analyzing lines from the show - 100% obsessed. What fun!  And now I've found this forum.  Phew...long ramble! Thanks for giving me a place to spill my guts...I feel better now 

June 10, 2012 5:13 am  #190

KeepersPrice wrote:

So now I'm acting a bit like someone in love - not hungry, adrenalized, viewing fan vids, searching out sites, links and blogs, analyzing lines from the show - 100% obsessed. What fun!

I see - officially obsessed. Congrats!
I'm still wondering what particular drug we became addicted to. Maybe it's something from the Baskerville labs?
Sherlock should  carry the label  "Watch at your own risk".

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 12, 2012 12:55 am  #191

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you can't get through an episode without pausing and playing back every scene "just one more time."
Also, if you are dying to have that coat -- and you're a female. Hey, Irene got to wear it. (I wonder if I'm tall enough to pull it off.)

June 12, 2012 10:52 am  #192

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you compare Quavers to high-functioning sociopaths.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 12, 2012 3:22 pm  #193

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you dream of your own books being made into films and, er, Benedict Cumberbatch playing the lead  . But really, anyone here who cannot imagine him being a widowed police officer in 1920s Berlin with two children and a complicated private life ?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 13, 2012 2:25 am  #194

KeepersPrice wrote:

.... So now I'm acting a bit like someone in love - not hungry, adrenalized, viewing fan vids, searching out sites, links and blogs, analyzing lines from the show - 100% obsessed. What fun!  And now I've found this forum.  Phew...long ramble! Thanks for giving me a place to spill my guts...I feel better now 

So which type of fan are you, the kind who says "catch me before I kill again, or "your bedroom's just a taxi ride away"???  bwahahaha Just teasing. I absolutely get your obsession and share it with you!

June 15, 2012 12:35 pm  #195

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when… you intend to write the abbreviation "SJ" for "Schuljahr" (school year) in an official email and find yourself having typed "SH" instead.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 15, 2012 4:29 pm  #196

ancientsgate wrote:

KeepersPrice wrote:

.... So now I'm acting a bit like someone in love - not hungry, adrenalized, viewing fan vids, searching out sites, links and blogs, analyzing lines from the show - 100% obsessed. What fun!  And now I've found this forum.  Phew...long ramble! Thanks for giving me a place to spill my guts...I feel better now 

So which type of fan are you, the kind who says "catch me before I kill again, or "your bedroom's just a taxi ride away"???  bwahahaha Just teasing. I absolutely get your obsession and share it with you!

Ha, ha acientsgate - I loved to be teased! .  But you know, I really thought about this. I'm not a "my bedroom's a taxi drive away" fan.  I'm a "221B Baker Street is just a taxi drive away.  Let me go over there with both of you and watch you solve crimes together.  I won't bother either of you I promise.  I'll just sit quietly in the corner and watch".

Oh wait - that's what I do anyway when the show is on! 

June 15, 2012 4:31 pm  #197

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you suddenly love your MacBook because it just looks like his  .

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 16, 2012 12:18 am  #198

...when the building in which you work is warm in the corridors but upon entering a certain room you find it freezing, so you leave the door open when you exit and think that will lower the temperature in the hallway...but IQ somehow slips into your mind instead and you can't help but smile.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 16, 2012 4:14 am  #199

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you step ON  your coffee table instead of going around it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 16, 2012 9:47 am  #200

Oh, I LOVE that one, Sherlockskitty  .

Board footera