BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 25, 2013 6:32 pm  #121

Re: National Theatre "Live"- Frankenstein

Poor you! Now I feel a bit bad because I wanted to post something like "Yay, I'm so looking forward to it!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 25, 2013 6:58 pm  #122

Maybe, one day they will release it on DVD. *fingers crossed*
(But, yeah, I'm looking forward to it, too. Only six days to go...)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 25, 2013 7:37 pm  #123

Which version are you going to see? The movie theater in Hamburg will show both versions. I have a ticket for the one with Ben as Frankenstein. The other show was already sold out, when I bought my ticket. But I don't really mind, which version I'm going to see.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

October 25, 2013 7:40 pm  #124

I'm going to see the version with Ben as Creature in London next Thursday.
And then, again, the same version in Düsseldorf on December 5th.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 25, 2013 7:45 pm  #125

They already have a huge built in audiance for a DVD release! 

JUST TAKE OUR MONEY!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 25, 2013 7:59 pm  #126

tobeornot221b wrote:

Maybe, one day they will release it on DVD. *fingers crossed*
(But, yeah, I'm looking forward to it, too. Only six days to go...)

Yes!!  I know!   18 days for me....  get to see Ben as the Creature!   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 25, 2013 8:00 pm  #127

So do I. Very excited. And very sorry for you, tonnaree. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 26, 2013 3:17 am  #128

Thank you Susi, for acknowledging my pain. *sniffle*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 6, 2013 6:02 pm  #129

Checked it today - the Düsseldorf screening is sold out.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 6, 2013 6:04 pm  #130

Oh, I can't wait for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 6, 2013 6:28 pm  #131

Ha, and we have tickets! Thanks to you, Tobe. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 8, 2013 3:36 pm  #132

I saw Benedict as Creature on Halloween and will see the reversed cast on the 28th this month. YAY!!! :-)

November 8, 2013 3:39 pm  #133

SusiGo wrote:

Ha, and we have tickets! Thanks to you, Tobe. 

Yes, thanks!!! I would suggest we'll get you some popcorn as a thank you gift, but I've heard you're not THAT fond of it?!

Last edited by Schmiezi (November 8, 2013 3:39 pm)

November 8, 2013 3:43 pm  #134

If anyone next to me, behind me or in front of me dares to eat popcorn during Frankenstein, I'll be very, very... not well-behaved... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 8, 2013 3:44 pm  #135

I am not sure if she does not like to eat it or the noise it makes when someone else eats it and throws half the pack on the floor because her hands are shaking whenever John Harrison is on the screen. 

November 8, 2013 3:47 pm  #136

So we we should NOT buy US popcorn as a thank you gift.

November 8, 2013 3:50 pm  #137

Yes, I think so. But maybe Tobe can explain to us what she would like as a thank you. Crisps? Nachos with salsa or cheese? M & Ms? 

November 8, 2013 3:54 pm  #138

I do like popcorn very much!
But when I saw Frankenstein in London last week I completely forgot to eat it. Wonder why...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 8, 2013 3:56 pm  #139

Fine. We will all sit there with our popcorn, mouths open but empty and stare at the screen. 

November 8, 2013 8:56 pm  #140

SusiGo wrote:

Fine. We will all sit there with our popcorn, mouths open but empty and stare at the screen. 

I hope I won't do that too much, as I shall have my mother and cousin with me.     Eeeep…. T-minus-4 days!!!!   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera