BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 25, 2014 9:22 am  #261

Re: National Theatre "Live"- Frankenstein

Yes, that's my impression as well. No need to worry, I'd say. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 25, 2014 9:25 am  #262

I also don't worry but nevertheless I think it's a bit strange.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 25, 2014 9:33 am  #263

But I think tobe experienced the same thing with Düsseldorf last year.
Maybe the NT arranges those screenings with the general office of those movie theatres, and the theatres themselves don't even know anything about it at first.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 25, 2014 9:38 am  #264

Yeah, that could be. The way from head offices to the branches can be a long one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

July 25, 2014 10:08 am  #265

They are not going to show Frankenstein again in my city. Why life has to be so hard?   

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

August 6, 2014 8:34 pm  #266

Tickets for the encore screenings in Hamburg are now on sale!

October 27 and November 3 with Benedict as Creature and November 10 and 17 as Frankenstein.

http://ntlive.nationaltheatre.org.uk/productions/16546-frankenstein

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

August 7, 2014 10:19 am  #267

Just indulged a friend with tickets for the screening in Basel (not entirely altruistic, I guess  ) on November 12. It's gonna be the version with Jonny as the Creature and Benedict as Frankenstein - I'd have loved to see the other version too, but I'm busy that day, so this one will have to do.

Last edited by eurydike (September 5, 2014 11:25 am)

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

August 12, 2014 12:09 pm  #268

There will be 6 showings in the Cineplex Mannheim between the 20th october and 23th december as well and some will be on a late sunday afternoon, so I probably will see the play there instead of Frankfurt. Could anybody tell me how long the showing lasts exactly? I will probably go there by train and have to check if and when there is a train connection back to my hometown.

September 5, 2014 10:55 am  #269

September 5, 2014 11:30 am  #270

Germansherlockfan wrote:

Could anybody tell me how long the showing lasts exactly? I will probably go there by train and have to check if and when there is a train connection back to my hometown.

I can't tell you how long exactly, but the screening in Basel starts at 20:00 and lasts until 22:40. Don't know if there's gonna be a break at all, but so far it looks as if it were about 160 minutes long. Guess it would be safe to check with the cinema beforehand if you've got a train to catch.

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

September 5, 2014 11:57 am  #271

No, it's a bit longer than two hours. Maybe they will show interviews before the play. And last time there was no intermission.

September 6, 2014 12:40 pm  #272

Many of you are doing better with the number of screenings than I am here in the UK. We have just 2. One on the 30th and one a week later. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 6, 2014 1:50 pm  #273

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the Cinestar in Düsseldorf is also rerunning the play. On Nov 13 with Johnny Lee Miller as Frankenstein, and Ben as the creature, and on Nov 20 with Johnny Lee Miller as the creature, and Ben as Frankenstein. Tickets not on sale yet.

September 6, 2014 2:28 pm  #274

For Polish people: Frankenstein in Wrocław, both versions!
Cinema: Kino Nowe Horyzonty, Wrocław
Benedict as Creature: 7th and 9th November and 6th December, 8:00PM.
Benedict as Victor Frankenstein: 8th and 10th November and 7th December, 8:00PM.

Tickets and more info: http://www.kinonh.pl/artykul.do?id=1711

3 hours from my city but maybe I'll go for a weekend trip, I want to see Benedict as Creature

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

September 6, 2014 5:07 pm  #275

6 hours from my city and I'll probably have no chance to come to Wrocław in November and December  ehhh all I have now is hope that maybe Frankenstein will be repeated in Warsaw someday.

Last edited by MartaSt (September 6, 2014 5:09 pm)

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

September 13, 2014 11:05 am  #276

eurydike wrote:

I can't tell you how long exactly, but the screening in Basel starts at 20:00 and lasts until 22:40. Don't know if there's gonna be a break at all, but so far it looks as if it were about 160 minutes long. Guess it would be safe to check with the cinema beforehand if you've got a train to catch.

Thank you for telling me, I read on the NTL site that the performance takes 130 minutes, but overall it will be maybe longer, if there are commercials or an interval. In any case I checked the train departures and the latest train leaves at about 11.00 pm, so I will be able to go the showing at 7.00 pm.

October 8, 2014 1:37 pm  #277

I've just found out that Multikino in Poland will show Frankenstein one more time, on 31.10. I'm so happy, I've never expected that I will be able to watch this but apparently dreams can come true

"

October 8, 2014 1:46 pm  #278

Brilliant, MartaSt! It's fantastic!

(Tony Hadley)

October 9, 2014 2:32 pm  #279

Fantastic news! I've already seen the version with Benedict as Frankenstein but I think I'll go again, that play is brilliant. So good you can see it now, Marta! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

October 9, 2014 2:39 pm  #280

Marta, that's great news, I'm sure you will have a wonderful evening!

Board footera