BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 26, 2014 7:27 pm  #201

Re: National Theatre "Live"- Frankenstein

Okay, you'll definitely, definitely, definitely have an amazing evening!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 26, 2014 7:55 pm  #202

I know!!!  I can´t believe my luck right now..  *does happy dance* 

May 26, 2014 9:15 pm  #203

MartaSt wrote:

Marta wrote:

I'm so envious, I'd love to see the version with Benedict as Creature! But I'm happy to hear the play is still shown, it gives me hope  
Hm, actually Hamburg is only like eight hours away... 

I still hope that Frankenstein will be again in the cinemas in my country. I can't forgive myself that I missed it when it was shown for the first time T.T

So, Marta, coming to Hamburg together?

Hamburg is a beautiful city and always worth a visit  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

June 19, 2014 11:00 am  #204

There will be more screenings this year, hopefully also in Germany:

http://ntlive.nationaltheatre.org.uk/productions/16546-frankenstein

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 19, 2014 11:11 am  #205

Great news
I'm trying to book for one of the London showings, but not finding it very easy to do so far; will keep trying though.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 19, 2014 11:13 am  #206

Heart attack...  

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 19, 2014 11:25 am  #207

Oh yes, any time again. A brilliant play!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 19, 2014 1:25 pm  #208

Actually, if anyone has any luck in buying tickets online, I'd be interested to know.
I'm being directed to the local cinema website to buy tickets, but once I'm directed there, Frankenstein isn't listed.
I really don't want to miss out this time but it seems the NT website is advertising the tickets too early, before they're available to book?

Last edited by Tinks (June 19, 2014 1:26 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

June 19, 2014 1:43 pm  #209

Please let it come closer to Atlanta this time.
PleasePleasePlease

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 19, 2014 1:47 pm  #210

Keeping my fingers crossed for you

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

June 19, 2014 1:55 pm  #211

Tinks wrote:

Actually, if anyone has any luck in buying tickets online, I'd be interested to know.
I'm being directed to the local cinema website to buy tickets, but once I'm directed there, Frankenstein isn't listed.
I really don't want to miss out this time but it seems the NT website is advertising the tickets too early, before they're available to book?

Last year's screenings were advertised on my local cinema's website but when I tried to book via phone the staff even didn't know about Frankenstein. It wasn't until some days later that they finally believed their own website. Maybe it was because the cinema belongs to a chain and not every participating theatre wasn't being informed by the company. It's absolutely possible that the NT
website ist much quicker with information without the local cinemas knowing about  yet.
Good luck, Tinks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 19, 2014 2:01 pm  #212

My God, maybe they will show it again in cinemas in Poland? Small chances but I'm full of hope. My dreams will come true especially that I've missed it when it was in the cinema for the first time 

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 19, 2014 4:31 pm  #213

Thanks tobe, in that case I should be OK for tickets as my local cinema is supposed to be showing it and it's never very full so I should be ok

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

June 19, 2014 5:13 pm  #214

I went to the website and discovered that my local cinema is 5067.0 miles away.

June 19, 2014 5:20 pm  #215

Please do not rely just on the website (and it is still early days). It never listed the German cinemas and I watched it twice in a town 30 km from where I live. 

Last edited by SusiGo (June 19, 2014 5:20 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 19, 2014 5:23 pm  #216

JNinSoCal wrote:

I went to the website and discovered that my local cinema is 5067.0 miles away.

Yours too? Mine is suppose to be 300 miles away, in Germany But yours 5067 miles beats everything

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 19, 2014 5:30 pm  #217

Marta, in Germany? Where exactly?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

June 19, 2014 5:36 pm  #218

In Savoy Filmtheater, Hamburg. 

"

June 19, 2014 5:36 pm  #219

They only list the showing in Hamburg on the 7th of July for Germany as far as I have seen. But fingers crossed that they will add some more showings in october/november for Germany.

June 19, 2014 5:41 pm  #220

Okay, Hamburg is a little bit too far away from me but I stay positive.

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera