BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 30, 2012 8:13 am  #1

Stuff.co.nz Article: How did Sherlock do it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 30, 2012 12:08 pm  #2

Re: Stuff.co.nz Article: How did Sherlock do it?

Quite a good article. I hadn't seen the 'repel' 'rappel' thing before. The only thing is they are not exact homophones are they. Also in the UK we always use the word 'abseil' rather than 'rappel' and I wouldn't see the writers linking the two. Not to say that isn't how he did it, he might have done, but I think the word link is erroneous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 18, 2012 2:08 am  #3

Oh shoot.  I thought I was being kind of original, and this article basically says what I was thinking, even with the flapping, which I hadn't said yet, but thought.  Oh well.

You see him fall forward placing his hands out before him; there's no way he could have pulled out a cord to rapel himself down.  How would he attach it? Also, you've seen with his eyes the ground below, so there are precious few moments to set up any devices to help in the fall.

As for Molly "helping" him with facts about how a body takes a fall or what it takes to die, Sherlock needs no help on that matter...this is the guy who stores a head in the fridge to measure coagulation of saliva after death.  He knows exactly what the body will and won't take to die.

July 18, 2012 4:54 am  #4

Sumac60 wrote:

Oh shoot.  I thought I was being kind of original, and this article basically says what I was thinking, even with the flapping, which I hadn't said yet, but thought.  Oh well.

*giggles*
You will find nearly every conceivable theory in some form has been formed at some stage. That's not a criticism, but with millions of people all seeing the same show in slow mo, screen caps, etc; it's bound to be that way.

But never let that put you off. I don't know how many times I have theorised something myself, only to google some key words & find someone else posting a similar thought.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

Board footera