BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 1, 2012 12:26 am  #41

Re: Have you had any dreams about Sherlock?

I very well could have but was too distracted to tell I wouldn't have minded being in the part of the dream where Moriarty trapped me in the car...because I'm sure that's how I got there.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

October 4, 2012 3:34 pm  #42

I once dreamed that my whole Latin class was abducted by moriarty, who turned out to be my latin teacher. Then, he showed us a corpse (it was Sherlock, but later in my dream it suddenly became my boyfriend). In the end, he took us to the moon (which was somehow a green luminous rabbit) to shoot us there. Just before it was my turn to die, I was woken by my guinea pigs.
I think it's obvious that I had trouble with my latin teacher... I also watched The Hounds of Baskerville.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, very clever, Worf. Eat any good books, lately?" -Q-

October 4, 2012 11:02 pm  #43

Do you ever tell people when you've had a dream with them it int? I've found that unless it's a close family member, they look at me really strangely.

Had a dream where I worked for Sherlock and John, and there was something about color in it. Not too interesting. Sorry.

October 4, 2012 11:15 pm  #44

Anything even vaguely to do with sherlock is interesting, veecee! I find the people in your dreams thing works better if you phrase it correctly. "I dreamt about you last night!" Is definitely one to avoid!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

October 4, 2012 11:42 pm  #45

Yeah, it might send the wrong message. Or the right one, depending on the dream and the person.

October 5, 2012 4:17 pm  #46

Loads, here are a few of my personal favourites.
1.(A version of which  I later saw appear in  a fan fiction!)

Sherlock wakes in hospital with no memory of why he is there. He asks about John and nobody will tell him anything.  First chance he gets he goes searching the wards.  Finds John in a side room alone.  He appears asleep and has tubes/wires attached to him. Sherlock sits by the bed, takes John's hand and  begins speaking to him.  John stirs, but just as he's opening his eyes, staff come in and haul Sherlock back to his own bed. Next chance Sherlock gets, he returns, but the room is empty...John is gone.

2.  Wasn't sure if I was part of this, or watching it being filmed.

Chase scene:  Sherlock running after Moriarty, follows him into a church.  Runs right through the church and out the other side into an enclosed back yard,  Hares past an odd looking guy.  Stops dead in his tracks.  Turns, looks and realises it is Moriarty in disguise...

3.  This one I was sitting at a picnic bench minding my own business, when Sherlock cast/crew descend to prepare for filming.  Benedict and Martin are sitting together.  Benedict moves away to have a smoke and Martin makes a phone call.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 5, 2012 8:17 pm  #47

veecee wrote:

Do you ever tell people when you've had a dream with them it int? I've found that unless it's a close family member, they look at me really strangely.

Had a dream where I worked for Sherlock and John, and there was something about color in it. Not too interesting. Sorry.

I haven't yet as I've only had one and it was small. But if I were to, I would only tell other fans of Sherlock like my sis and a couple of friends. Don't think they would think it was weird.

besleybean wrote:

3.  This one I was sitting at a picnic bench minding my own business, when Sherlock cast/crew descend to prepare for filming.  Benedict and Martin are sitting together.  Benedict moves away to have a smoke and Martin makes a phone call.

Wouldn't that be a lovely surprise!

Last edited by Sam (October 5, 2012 8:19 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

October 6, 2012 8:10 pm  #48

besleybean wrote:

Loads, here are a few of my personal favourites.
1.(A version of which  I later saw appear in  a fan fiction!)

Sherlock wakes in hospital with no memory of why he is there. He asks about John and nobody will tell him anything.  First chance he gets he goes searching the wards.  Finds John in a side room alone.  He appears asleep and has tubes/wires attached to him. Sherlock sits by the bed, takes John's hand and  begins speaking to him.  John stirs, but just as he's opening his eyes, staff come in and haul Sherlock back to his own bed. Next chance Sherlock gets, he returns, but the room is empty...John is gone.

I bet you were glad to wake up from that one. How odd it showed up in fanfic, although our minds can play tricks on us. Maybe just a bit of it was like your dream.

October 6, 2012 8:14 pm  #49

Of course.
I wasn't suggesting anything!
But I was a tad surprised when I saw something very similar.
But really, it's quite a common storyline to write!
Incidentally, this ISN'T why I tend not to look at fanfic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 9, 2012 12:03 pm  #50

I was beginning to think I'd never have one or have one that I would remember. Then two following each other on the same morning which I wrote down and there has been a third.

3rd one I just remember it was daylight and seeing Sherlock's coat, he was wearing it, and it was all very normal to be going somewhere with him. I'm guessing I was dreaming as John.

1st one Standing on Sherlock's left at his grave and looking at it.  It panned out to a distance like being a cameraman then.

2nd one Dreaming as John and I'm watering some pots of lavender outside then spent 10 minutes at the sink cleaning a wine demi-john. We went to a countryside village ( in England)  where there was a Chinese man and I thought he must own the pink and blue house on our left as we were walking past it. Further on was a farm and a lane going past the entrance which we were walking up. We climbed up a grassy bank near a river to get to the top and knew the river floods. Opposite on our left was a stream full of small brown trout and a tractor passed us.

That's all. XD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

October 9, 2012 9:49 pm  #51

Morton wrote:

I was beginning to think I'd never have one or have one that I would remember. Then two following each other on the same morning which I wrote down and there has been a third.

3rd one I just remember it was daylight and seeing Sherlock's coat, he was wearing it, and it was all very normal to be going somewhere with him. I'm guessing I was dreaming as John.

1st one Standing on Sherlock's left at his grave and looking at it.  It panned out to a distance like being a cameraman then.

2nd one Dreaming as John and I'm watering some pots of lavender outside then spent 10 minutes at the sink cleaning a wine demi-john. We went to a countryside village ( in England)  where there was a Chinese man and I thought he must own the pink and blue house on our left as we were walking past it. Further on was a farm and a lane going past the entrance which we were walking up. We climbed up a grassy bank near a river to get to the top and knew the river floods. Opposite on our left was a stream full of small brown trout and a tractor passed us.

That's all. XD

Pink & blue horse...that's hilarious!

Seriously though, it must be all those RPs we're doing that are prompting your Sherlock dreams. I always get a lot more Sherlock dreams when I've been RPing a lot. XD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 30, 2012 6:01 pm  #52

(Not strictly BBC Sherlock).
Last night I had a dream where I appeared to be sitting in Sherlock's chair, in the living room of 221B.
Suddenly, the glass door(through to the kitchen)slides open and the Boss sticks her head through to speak to me.
She seems to be in Sherlock cosplay garb!

October 30, 2012 6:08 pm  #53

Well, she has the coat!

October 30, 2012 6:10 pm  #54

And she has just been off dressing up...oops I mean...cosplaying (is there such a verb?)

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 30, 2012 6:20 pm  #55

Yep, I believe the dream was inspired by my seeing the Boss's cosplay pix on Twitter last night.

October 31, 2012 7:56 pm  #56

Man, I wish my dreams were more specific like that. I did have one Sherlock dream that I remember though.

My family and I were having a movie night, and for some reason Sherlock and John were there. It was my turn to pick a movie, so I picked "Hot Fuzz" because I knew that the plotline and the unrealsticness would annoy the heck out of Sherlock, and that would amuse John to no end, both pluses. Unfortunately I woke up before they could react to the movie at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

October 31, 2012 8:02 pm  #57

Somehow I feel John may have loved it!

October 31, 2012 10:17 pm  #58

besleybean wrote:

Somehow I feel John may have loved it!

Same. Although he might freak out when his doppelgänger shows up in it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

October 31, 2012 10:43 pm  #59

How could you start watching a movie when SH and JW are there?? Ts... even dreams aren't the same as they have been. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 21, 2012 9:05 pm  #60

Enjoyed a lovely Benedict dream last night.
He and James Rhodes were selling ice creams together, from a stall in the foyer of a very posh restaurant.
They were in caps and aprons and having a real giggle!

Board footera