BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 26, 2012 7:03 am  #21

Re: Have you had any dreams about Sherlock?

I don't know how you all get such cool dreams! I tried watching sherock right before going to bed and all I got was 1 lousy, break-dancing Mrs Hudson (she wasn't even that good! )
I've probably had others but I forget most of my dreams by the time I've woken up. I should really start a notebook...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

May 28, 2012 10:04 pm  #22

A break-dancing Mrs Hudson? Oh my god, really? How awesome :D

Hm, well, I don't quite remember if I had a dream about Sherlock as a show, but about Benedict and Martin indeed. Several times.
Though, I guess sometimes they were quite like their characters...
But they dreams are really embarrassing, all I ever do is being very nervous and stammering around in English and forgetting words and... weirdly, it's always about me trying to become friends with them. Or maybe not so weird, cause who wouldn't wanna be?

June 4, 2012 11:22 am  #23

Dreams? Ahh...

I had a dream in which I was riding on a train with my boyfriend. Benedict got on and of course sat straight across from me in the seat facing me. I started babbling and gushing on him in typical crazed fan worship-speak (this would no doubt happen if i ever met him for real).

I fully expected him to go all Sherlock on me, casting me aside with blunt clever put downs but he was charming and engaging and very appreciative of my compliments. He had a script with him (where did that come from?) and he said he was going to study his lines so like a good fan I offered to read with him. While all this is going on my boyfriend is sitting there doing what he does best: shaking his head at my outrageous pushiness.

Needless to say this was a good dream. By the time the train arrived in London, Benedict and I were old chums. He invited us to watch them shoot a scene. You can guess the rest. One of the actresses became ill. Benedict suggested I play the role since I read the part so well and the camera adores me I was a smash sensation. I was asked to join the cast in a recurring role and people started having dreams about meeting me. Then my phone alarm went off and I had to go to work (:

My boyfriend had a dream as well right after he saw Irene Adler do her tabletop tease in that slinky black cocktail dress. He won't end up with Lara Pulver but I am working to make the rest of his dream come true. I have an elegant LBD, similar shoes, went out and bought the silk stockings and I am mastering her updo. I hope he enjoys his birthday

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 4, 2012 1:19 pm  #24

I had a reverse Reichenbach dream where John was the one that faked his own death and Sherlock was the one left behind thinking his friend was dead. That was pretty interesting, and rather traumatic.

Last night I had a dream that I was Sebastian Moran and I was in the army with John and we had a uniform inspection. We kept arguing over whose shoes were the shiniest and then Moriarty came round to inspect all our shoes and he said that mine were the best and I could come and work for him!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 4, 2012 1:25 pm  #25

That sounds like so much fun! What did you eat before you went to bed?!

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

June 5, 2012 8:57 am  #26

I never eat before sleeping, it interferes with my dreaming. Lol.

June 10, 2012 11:27 am  #27

I had the strangest dream tonight... Sherlock's family owned a coffee shop in my street (in a small town in Spain, there you go) and I went there to hang out with my friends... and Sherlock was a waiter and Mycroft was the cook... who made a wonderful Sacher pie (my favorite).

I'm still trying to figure out what does this mean, if it means anything at all

Last edited by Irene_Adler (June 10, 2012 11:27 am)

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 10, 2012 11:35 am  #28

Is this sacher cake? It looks awfully sugary!!

I'll just fetch my Dreamcoat...

Yep, it means that next february you're going to save Benedict's life, he'll be eternally thankfull and come and live with you in spain.
It also means you didn't have a big enough dinner!!

June 10, 2012 11:37 am  #29

Molly Hooper wrote:

Is this sacher cake? It looks awfully sugary!!

I'll just fetch my Dreamcoat...

Yep, it means that next february you're going to save Benedict's life, he'll be eternally thankfull and come and live with you in spain.
It also means you didn't have a big enough dinner!!

Yes, that's Sacher cake (Sachertorte I believe is the original name in German) though I have never seen it with cream and the one in your pic looks like having cream. It's chocolate and chocolate and chocolate. My favorite 

Benedict, I will waiting for you 

And you may be right... I didn't have dinner last night

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 10, 2012 11:38 am  #30

Wow, maybe I am psychic!!

June 10, 2012 11:43 am  #31

Molly Hooper wrote:

Wow, maybe I am psychic!!

I hope so, I'll be preparing Ben's room for next February

June 10, 2012 12:40 pm  #32

Mmmmm! Sachertorte, my favourite too.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 11, 2012 3:39 pm  #33

I haven't had any dreams yet but one day I looked at so many fan videos - which employ many of the same scenes arranged and rearranged over and over again - that when I closed my eyes the faces of John and Sherlock were imprinted on the back of my eyelids.  It took some time before they faded.

Are we allowed to talk about fantasizing - and does my husband have to know about it? . Occasionally, just occasionally mind you, I like to imagine it's John Watson lying next to me at night.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 14, 2012 8:55 am  #34

KeepersPrice wrote:

Are we allowed to talk about fantasizing

There are many many dreams I wouldn't be able to post here....

June 14, 2012 8:39 pm  #35

Wow, so last night I dreamt that a panther attacked me. I know, right?
That struck me as very weird as I have not read about/looked at pictures of/ watched movies with... panthers recently.
Then at some point I realized - I was reading The Hound of the Baskervilles yesterday before going to sleep! I think that might have caused this dream.
But a panther? Maybe that's my subconcious explanation for a big scary hound in the woods... it's actually not a dog, it's something bigger, something scarier - it's a panther!
Oh... weird.

June 23, 2012 8:50 am  #36

That's creepy, Sammy...
Mine's not exactly Sherlock but...
A couple of nights ago I had a really weird dream where Mark Gatiss turned up at my bassoon teachers wedding, I think he was the best-man or something!

June 26, 2012 4:49 pm  #37

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

2. Me & my husband were John and Sherlock (he was Sherlock) and we were investigating a crime together

I had a dream a couple nights ago about me and boyfriend... It was totally and completely me and my boyfriend, only my boyfriend was in the form of Benedict Cumberbatch lol I'm thinking it all started when I stumbled upon this forum lol (Just sayin' )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn!" - Jack Kerouac

July 1, 2012 12:56 pm  #38

I finally had my first Sherlock related dream last night.  Very surprised when I woke up and remembered it. In the dream I was tagging along with some people from the cast and crew going out to dinner. Somehow it was okay for me to be out with them but I was so on the fringe of the group no one knew who I was or cared who I was. They were being all chatty and in-jokey with each other. Benedict was among them and I was terrified about actually being near him, thinking of something to say without bothering him.  But at the same time I wanted to have the chance, so going in to the restaurant I kept letting people go past me so I could maneuver to a good spot.  Unfortunately it didn't work out and I ended up sitting by myself near some minor production person. I'd say this was a pretty "angsty" dream about insecurity and exclusion. Hmmm....I wonder what triggered this?  Probably knowing that there are such enormously talented and intelligent people in the world I can never hope to enter their circle even though I would like to.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

September 29, 2012 2:29 am  #39

^ Aw!

First one...odd and brief. I was trapped in a parked car and Sherlock was outside and I could see him through the windows trying to tell me what to do to get out. But I couldn't hear him from inside, his voice was muffled. Before I could get out, the dream changed. I guess there was more to getting out than just unlocking the car, haha.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

September 30, 2012 11:01 pm  #40

Sam wrote:

^ Aw!

First one...odd and brief. I was trapped in a parked car and Sherlock was outside and I could see him through the windows trying to tell me what to do to get out. But I couldn't hear him from inside, his voice was muffled. Before I could get out, the dream changed. I guess there was more to getting out than just unlocking the car, haha.

You didn't have a bomb strapped to your chest did you?

Board footera