BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 4, 2015 10:49 pm  #261

Re: Have you had any dreams about Sherlock?

I have actualy never had a dream about Sherlock. *cries in corner* I really want to dream about Sherlock! 

April 3, 2015 9:10 pm  #262

Not about Sherlock this, but about Ben. Cutest and weirdest thing. We were staying at the same hotel, it seemed. One day I see him take a chinchilla out for a walk, having the animal on a leash. A short while later he comes up to me (we had never spoken before, but through dream-logic he knew that I was interested in animal and animal training), and he told me that he was only looking after the chinchilla for someone else. And that it didn't want to go for a walk on the leash, and what could he do about that

Wow, how on earth did my brain come up with something like that? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

May 5, 2015 8:42 pm  #263

That's pretty funny, and weird like dreams can be.

I had one dream that was very strange.
The dream took place in New York City.  It was the morning and for whatever reason my mum was doing something else so my dad and I were looking for a place to get breakfast together.  That became unimportant (we found somewhere to get food or something) and we were walking.  Then suddenly it's not my dad walking next to me, but Sherlock, but I'm still calling him "dad." This stops eventually and he's not my dad, and we kiss.  The first one is wet, and then immediately after we kiss again, since he didn't like the wet kiss, this time not wet.  I said something about the second kiss being better, and Sherlock replied with something about TV kisses being better than movie kisses.
So, when I woke up, I was pretty surprised that my brain came up with that, especially since while I think he's reasonably good-looking I have never felt attracted to Benedict particularly.  So is this some weird Electra complex displacement thing? I don't think so, but it was still pretty weird.  So yeah, one of the weirdest dreams I've ever had and it's Sherlock-related.
I've had other dreams where Sherlock has appeared but not done anything, so that's all I've got for know.

Clueing for looks.

May 5, 2015 9:32 pm  #264

I don't know. But I think the line "TV kisses are better than movie kisses" is hilarious! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 5, 2015 9:50 pm  #265

Yeah, that was probably the funniest part.  I have no idea where that came from, though, of course.

Clueing for looks.

May 5, 2015 10:00 pm  #266

Your creative self? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 5, 2015 10:16 pm  #267

Sure, we can go with that.  The recesses of my creative mind.

Clueing for looks.

September 20, 2015 9:07 pm  #268

I had this dream some weeks ago but I've made a point to memorize it... I always do that if I have interesting dreams. 

I hope I can explain it well enough... 

At first I thought I was watching some version of Sherlock Holmes on the telly, but the next second I was John Watson (not our John though, but an older man with a mustache) and Sherlock (not Benedict) but an oldschool Sherlock in a modern world sent me on a quest since he was too busy to handle this minor case... 
The case of the missing guilded doorknob that had a great significance to the owner (for some reason it was to be burried with the recently departed mother of the man who called on Sherlock and Watson)... I took a train to the country side; following a half hunch Sherlock had given me. 
I wasn't too convinced there was anything about it though but dutifully I looked around... 

And here it got a little 'weird'. I noticed Benedict's voice... (somehow while I was Watson I was still me) and noticed him; he was dressed like a wealthy college student in a longish wollen coat... I quickly deduced that since it was Benedict I had to investage this guy further... and I did. I managed to befriend him and he invited me to his home... 

The house was only half done, the wind was blowing right through it and I noticed his parents clothes while they looked to be good brands were too worn out... still curious that night I stalked the family and found them leaving the house to go into the woods where they settled in, started a fire and got out their sleeping bags... it turned out they were homeless. Benedict's character groaned annoyed and mentioned he was so tired of having to keep up appearances... In the very early hours of the mornings him and the father woke up and were careful not to wake the mother as they got to work on the house. Benedict produced a golden doorknob from his pocket, smiled and his father helped him attach it to the front door. 
"Mother deserves a real home, this is perfect"... 

It turned out not only was Benedict's character obsessed with appearing to be wealthy and not homeless, he also wanted his mother to have a nice home, not just a home... but the best home possible... so he had apparently been stealing things like doorknobs for the house. When I returned to London; Sherlock and I presented the findings to the man who reported the case and he decided not only to not pursue it further... but he helped the family finish the house. 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (September 20, 2015 9:09 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 20, 2015 11:40 pm  #269

That's a pretty elaborate and fun-sounding dream! It sounds like it had a reasonablly happy ending, too.

Much better than the dream I had about a week ago.  All I got to do in that one was have a traumatic situation and then kiss Sherlock to make him feel better after being scared.  I don't know why my brain only ever makes me dream about kissing Sherlock when I never fantasize about it.  Can't we just solve a case or run around or something?

Clueing for looks.

September 21, 2015 4:32 am  #270

Yitzock wrote:

I don't know why my brain only ever makes me dream about kissing Sherlock when I never fantasize about it.  Can't we just solve a case or run around or something?

I would love to read this sentence on John's blog.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 21, 2015 1:35 pm  #271

OMG! Now that you mention it, when you take it out of my context, that would be pretty funny...

Clueing for looks.

September 21, 2015 1:43 pm  #272

I was a bit surprised my brain had constructed that entire dream, but I rather enjoyed it! 

and LMAO, Now that would be a nice sentence for John's blog! But lucky you getting to kiss Sherlock!! lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 21, 2015 2:00 pm  #273

lol In the most dream I remember having my hand in his hair while we kissed more than anything.  That was the focal point.  Ok...maybe I should stop talking, this is getting weird and potentially Freudian.

Clueing for looks.

September 21, 2015 4:48 pm  #274

Wow, cool dream Phantom! And a very enviable one, Yitzock! Maybe we could swap?

I dreamt I wanted to introduce "Sherlock" to my mother.. No idea why, she'd never like it irl. So we were watching TGG, and she looked very doubtful and reserved. I felt compelled to say "well that's a really dark one, maybe it wasn't the best episode to start with.." When suddenly Steven Moffat jumped up from the sofa where he had been silently sitting next to us all this time (but I hadn't noticed until then) and ran out of the room laughing like a mad man. Oh dear.. 

September 21, 2015 8:29 pm  #275

lol That seems like something I can imagine Steven Moffat doing!  Very in-character!

Actually, your dream reminded me of another one that I had forgotten about until now.  It was this weird dream where a Sherlock episode was filmed in black an white so it looked like an old movie and we were able to convince my grandmother to watch it because it was an old movie.

I also had another dream about a commercial for a movie or something and it was a Sherlock and Harry Potter crossover.

Last edited by Yitzock (September 21, 2015 8:31 pm)

Clueing for looks.

September 21, 2015 8:46 pm  #276

I had to laugh as I read your dream Zatoichi, I have to agree with Yitzock, that's very Moffat-like! 

Now wouldn't that be genious if you could get your own family to watch Sherlock like that? *daydreams*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 27, 2015 2:21 am  #277

I had another Sherlock dream last night.
I dreamt that we already had a teaser trailer for series 4.  There was one bit where Sherlock was, apparently, disguised as a woman.  He looked pretty much the same as always except for his hair being a bit longer, maybe.  He was checking himself in a compact mirror as he was walking down the street.
Another bit of it was that we had a title of an episode "The Lost..." something.  I don't remember the third word anymore.  The Lost ---.
In this episode there was some sort of chase scene in what looked like a corridor in a school or a hospital.  I was in the middle of the scene as if it were real, and Mrs. Hudson was involved in the chase, as well as the mum character from the TV show Please Like Me (she looks like this ​http://www.takepart.com/sites/default/files/Resized_Rose---Mum-2014_05_05-Please-Like-Me_1618.png).
Come to think of it, Sherlock and John weren't there, just those two older ladies and some other nondescript people.

Clueing for looks.

November 29, 2015 11:38 pm  #278

I read harry potter fanfic before going to sleep.
In my dream sherlock went to his death instead of harry to defeat voldemort. And draco malfoy stays behind on the hogwarts stairs sobbing (instead of ron and hermione)...
It was kind of beautiful.

"It is what it is."

November 30, 2015 12:01 am  #279

Wow, that sounds like an interesting dream, possibly quite emotional.

Clueing for looks.

December 30, 2015 2:18 pm  #280

Last night I dreamt that Moriarty was alive, back to his usual swaggering and gum-chewing.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera