BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 16, 2012 11:54 pm  #1

Have you had any dreams about Sherlock?

Has anyone had any dreams about the series or any of the characters/actors? I've had a couple so far...

1. I met Benedict outside the Sherlock Holmes museum in London. I asked him what he was doing there and he said he just couldn't keep away from Baker Street!
2. Me & my husband were John and Sherlock (he was Sherlock) and we were investigating a crime together
3. I had some explosives strapped to me like in Great Game and had to do everything Moriarty said until Sherlock rescued me (that was kind of a scary one, but turned out OK in the end!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 20, 2012 5:05 pm  #2

Re: Have you had any dreams about Sherlock?

Last night I dreamt that they held a competition and whoever won got to write or help write an episode of Sherlock...but the competition was quite hard. First of all you had to write a 2 page essay giving your in depth theory about how Sherlock faked his death, then you were give three crimes with clues and you had to solve the crimes. Then you were given a line of dialogue and you had to think of a funny come back line to follow it, and things like that. It was quite challenging but lots of fun. I never got to find out how I did though because I woke up! Grrr!

I'd love it if they did a competition like that, would love to do any kind of work on Sherlock...even just making cups of tea would be fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 20, 2012 10:38 pm  #3

That sounded like a funny dream! 

I have dreamt about Sherlock sometimes to. But just random stuff that don't really make sense  XD my dreams are usually like that 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

February 21, 2012 7:13 am  #4

At least u don't dream that u where related to mrs hudson and went for a visiit and u found sherlock :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

February 21, 2012 11:24 am  #5

That sounds like a good dream! I'd love to be related to Mrs Hudson - she'd make a really good auntie or something!

February 21, 2012 12:37 pm  #6

Una Stubbs is a legend!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 22, 2012 1:12 am  #7

Davina wrote:

Una Stubbs is a legend!

Agreed!

On another note, i had like two mini Sherlock dreams last night...they were really odd and random, But, this is what they were...

One : It was really a really short dream type thing. I have this cool tan suede detective-like coat that i wear in the Summer/Fall, but its disappeared ( its probably in the car somewhere ) and i haven't found it yet...Anyway, the dream-thing! Anyway i was in the car ( Don't know why of course ) and then Sherlock appeared coming from no-where with my tan jacket and then he got in the car with me and then i guess i said thanks and then he looked at me and thats where the dream cut off. Then opened to the next Sherlock dream. lol...but that one was weird.

Two : This one is actually kinda funny i'd say. This dream opened with Moriarty, Lestrade, John, and Sherlock playing basketball, then Sherlock got tired or something and these weird coke cans showed up and one had a energy drink in it and the other didn't and if Sherlock didn't take the right one then he wouldn't be energized or something like that. So he took one and i think it was the energy one because he was jumping about ( Any of you remember that scene in SIP where he finds out about the 4th "suicide" and hes jumping about? well thats what he was doing in my dream ) and then Moriarty took the other one and died or something like that. Then i woke up.

They were very odd dreams.

[Sherlock buzzes Van Coon's neighbor]
Eddie's Neighbour: Hello?
Sherlock Holmes: Hi, um, I live in the flat just below you. I don't think we've met!
Eddie's Neighbour: No, well, er, I just moved in.
Sherlock Holmes: [grimaces] Actually, I just locked my keys in my flat!
Eddie's Neighbour: You want me to buzz you in?
Sherlock Holmes: Yeah, and can I use your balcony?
Eddie's Neighbour: What?
[Cuts to Sherlock jumping off of her balcony onto the one below it]

Lestrade: And exactly how many times did he fall out a window?
Sherlock Holmes: Oh, it's all a bit of a blur, detective. I lost count.

I have two awesome signatures. : D

February 22, 2012 8:09 am  #8

Did you eat cheese before you went to bed?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 22, 2012 9:13 am  #9

I cannot repeat any dreams I may or may not have had regarding this particular gentleman.

You're all too young & a lady never tells

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 22, 2012 1:57 pm  #10

Davina wrote:

Did you eat cheese before you went to bed?

I don't think so...I had a caramel and a small packet of yogurt coated raisins

[Sherlock buzzes Van Coon's neighbor]
Eddie's Neighbour: Hello?
Sherlock Holmes: Hi, um, I live in the flat just below you. I don't think we've met!
Eddie's Neighbour: No, well, er, I just moved in.
Sherlock Holmes: [grimaces] Actually, I just locked my keys in my flat!
Eddie's Neighbour: You want me to buzz you in?
Sherlock Holmes: Yeah, and can I use your balcony?
Eddie's Neighbour: What?
[Cuts to Sherlock jumping off of her balcony onto the one below it]

Lestrade: And exactly how many times did he fall out a window?
Sherlock Holmes: Oh, it's all a bit of a blur, detective. I lost count.

I have two awesome signatures. : D

February 22, 2012 7:35 pm  #11

ProudSherlockian121 wrote:

Two : This one is actually kinda funny i'd say. This dream opened with Moriarty, Lestrade, John, and Sherlock playing basketball, then Sherlock got tired or something and these weird coke cans showed up and one had a energy drink in it and the other didn't and if Sherlock didn't take the right one then he wouldn't be energized or something like that. So he took one and i think it was the energy one because he was jumping about ( Any of you remember that scene in SIP where he finds out about the 4th "suicide" and hes jumping about? well thats what he was doing in my dream ) and then Moriarty took the other one and died or something like that. Then i woke up.

That's so funny! The energy drink thing obviously came from the two pills in Study in Pink.

March 2, 2012 12:54 am  #12

OK last night I had another dream about working on Sherlock Series 3....

For some reason I was playing Martin's stunt double! There was some reason why he couldn't do the scene himself but Benedict was doing his own stunts so I got to do the scene with him. We were both running on top of a moving train and someone was firing a gun at us from behind...Benedict turned to fire a gun back over my shoulder at the guy, then the train approached a tunnel and I had to leap on Benedict to save him because he would have got whacked by the tunnel. It was very cool. We had to do the scene several times because Martin was watching us and kept saying I was doing it wrong.

March 9, 2012 4:10 pm  #13

hm.. I don't remember when I dreamed about Sherlock.. but I remember I in my dream I saw John and some Police investigating about suicide, and Sherlock help them from far away (use blocked number to help them find some clue). and before my dream reach any conclusion, my alarm wake me.

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

March 9, 2012 6:14 pm  #14

Damn, I hate it when interesting dreams get interupted by alarms...although my alarm is the Sherlock theme tune so it's not all bad.

March 19, 2012 7:57 am  #15

Last night I dreamt I was kidnapped by Moriarty and taken to that warehouse in Great Game where he keeps the kids! But I kept telling him that it would be OK because Sherlock was going to rescue me. And he was like "Sherlock's dead, I made him jump!" and I was going "trust me, he's really not." It was pretty funny. Didn't get to find out what actually happened, it was just like a snippet then faded into something else.

March 20, 2012 7:34 pm  #16

I love reading about everyone's Sherlock dreams, very entertaining! :D

I had a dream not too long ago with Sherlock in it. He was at least a decade older and was at a trial trying to solve a murder case. He figured out that the man on trial was really not the murderer and then he arrested the "real" one -- me! :O Haha, I was quite upset about that, seeing as I hadn't really murdered anyone. Dunno how Sherlock got that wrong... I guess I'm a very suspicious character! ;P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

March 20, 2012 10:04 pm  #17

Sherlock would never get it wrong - you must have done it, lol!!

March 20, 2012 10:39 pm  #18

Haha, yeah, I probably did. Maybe I just had amnesia or something. XD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

May 26, 2012 2:47 am  #19

Last night (in fact this morning after I'd already been woken up by the person who revs their car at 6am, and put 4extra's latest Dr Who episode on again) I dream that I met Benedict Cumberbatch.  At a dinner (yeh, and before you infer anything, be aware there were at least ten people around the table, none of whom I knew, and I don't remember there being any food etc; that's life,I guess)
    He was recognisable physically (sometimes one just knows who someone is but they don't look like they really do, if you know what I mean) but his hair was fluffy as per Sherlock on his left side, but on the other side largely missing - and most obvious to me was that his eye brow on that side looked as if it had been shaved as well! I noticed this in the dream and thought it odd but thought it would be rude to mention it. The other strange thing were his hands - they were very large (which I did comment on, in an amazed kind of way) but the skin was really loose, like over-sized thin plastic gloves.
     Sadly I did not have the presence of mind to enquire how Sherlock had survived (and, truth be told, I would not dare ask him even if I really met him - in case it was annoying!) but still hope that somehow my brain is trying to point out something helpful. Since it wasn't a snake with its tail in it's mouth, it probably isn't a benzene ring. I guess the Frankenstein monster could be in their somewhere? I've also thought his eyebrows (both of them) look a bit too blonde to go with his hair in some episodes.
    But the weird hands? Neh, no idea where they came from. Not from anything on the radio, I listened to it whilst awake.

Not nearly as exciting as other people's dreams but still, I add it to the collection.

I think it's a case of 'Dream on' ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Important thing I have learnt from 'Sherlock':
British army research bases keep their bins at the bottom of a quite deep lift shaft.

May 26, 2012 5:26 am  #20

I had one where Miller!Sherlock and Cumberbatch!Sherlock got into a fistfight while Freeman!Watson and I just looked on and laughed. Eventually I think someone (maybe Liu!Watson?) intervened. Then I think there was a fuzzy part and next thing I knew I was sitting in a conference room while Steven Moffat went through slides of the Fall and was just about to explain what happened when I got a text and had to leave! Torture!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

Board footera