BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 9, 2013 6:59 am  #141

Re: Technical Help and Questions

I have a question about e-mail notifications and the inbox. On other forums that I have been on that were set up with this same sort of format when someone sends a PM there is an e-mail notification of that. Thus far this has not been the case here. Do I need to set something up differently so that I will be notified if my inbox receives a message?

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

April 9, 2013 5:11 pm  #142

You know I don't thInk this is possible with Boardhost. Maybe PM (the irony) The Boss (Administrator) and see if she can ask The Powers That Be if it is possible to set up. I agree it would be useful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 9, 2013 5:38 pm  #143

Under "Private Message Settings" down at the inbox you can choose it.

Last edited by Harriet (April 9, 2013 5:40 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 9, 2013 7:43 pm  #144

Harriet wrote:

Under "Private Message Settings" down at the inbox you can choose it.

Thanks Harriet. I found it. 

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

April 9, 2013 8:53 pm  #145

Why did I never notice that beforehand. I've enabled it myself as well now. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 10, 2013 4:32 am  #146

Me too! Thank you for asking, Alice!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 1, 2013 10:20 pm  #147

Can I just say that the mobile version of this website is do amazingly cool! When was it made like this?

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 1, 2013 10:24 pm  #148

Molly Hooper wrote:

Can I just say that the mobile version of this website is do amazingly cool! When was it made like this?

Oh, are you able to access your PM from the mobile version? I think I'm not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 1, 2013 10:32 pm  #149

Oh I haven't tried. I don't really use that function much...

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

June 3, 2013 11:46 am  #150

The site doesn't actually look any different on my phone. How do you access the mobile version?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 3, 2013 2:55 pm  #151

If you scroll down to the bottom there's an option to view mobile version or something like that...

June 3, 2013 3:21 pm  #152

Thank you, I'm using that now. When I go online with my iphone it's usually to check PMs, so I'll stick to the longer-loading old version of it!

July 18, 2013 10:12 pm  #153

Hey. 

It seems that the pic in my signature disappeared and only the link to photobucket is showing.
I checked and the pic seems to be fine there. 
Might something else be causing this ? 
Thanks a lot for any ideas or advice.

July 19, 2013 6:06 am  #154

Ideas anyone?

July 19, 2013 9:06 pm  #155

Also seems i am not the only one with the problem

July 20, 2013 4:14 pm  #156

I had the same problem with photobucket today. I'll PM you and explain in German how to solve it. I just cannot explain it properly in English...

August 31, 2013 6:39 am  #157

Yes, there are at least two more kitchen advertisers around here in the last week.
I agree with your idea, Swanpride.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 9, 2013 3:32 am  #158

I hope someone can help me return the spellchecker feature to my posts. When I first joined the forum, I always got spellchecker prompts (those wavy red lines under misspelled words), but several months ago, that feature went away. I don't know if it went away for everyone, or just me. So if there's a way to get that feature back into my posts, would someone tell me how? Thanks much.

December 9, 2013 1:53 pm  #159

Is it missing only here or on other sites as well?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 9, 2013 6:26 pm  #160

Harriet wrote:

Is it missing only here or on other sites as well?

Only here.

I guess what I'm wondering is if you guys have spellchecker in your posts anymore or not. If no one has it, then the forum doesn't have that function. But as I said, I used to have it and then it disappeared a few months ago. I'm just now getting around to asking about it. If there's a way to turn spellchecker on and off, I can't find it.

Board footera