BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2013 10:11 pm  #101

Re: Technical Help and Questions

Yes, I noticed that too. It's very annoying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 11, 2013 10:15 pm  #102

Harriet wrote:

I have no issue with the new design, only the script seems not to work properly with copy and paste.
This problem doesn't affect only me.

We realise that it affects everyone, because it is part of the board now.
Whether it stays or not will be up to Boardhost.
It is usable, it is just different.

We will see what eventuates.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 11, 2013 10:19 pm  #103

Pls have a look at the alphabet game thread and then talk about usability.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 11, 2013 10:35 pm  #104

OK.
I have sent a query to Boardhost about this as teh Boss isn't around at the moment.
Please be patient; I may not be back for several hours ; i'm busy.
However I am sure someone from Boardhost will get back to the Boss or return my query & we'll get something worked out.
There are ways of posting freely without troubles but I don't have time to sort that out or care about that right now.
Go back to typing things out instead of copy & pasting.

Bye

Last edited by kazza474 (January 12, 2013 2:46 am)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 11, 2013 10:40 pm  #105

Hmm... that will be fun posting in the alphabet game thread without copy and paste.

Ok, well, think we have to wait till things get better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 12, 2013 1:52 am  #106

OK.
In the meantime, the best way around this is if you have copied & pasted or anything else & are not sure the post will be ok, do a preview. If problems click the last link up there ^^^ "View source" and make changes as you need to.

I believe some browsers may not be having this problem, but as yet I have no response from Boardhost.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

January 12, 2013 10:12 am  #107

Thank you lots for your efforts, Kazza. Also your hint to the view source button is really helpful - that is what I missed 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 12, 2013 10:27 am  #108

Yes well no answers from anywhere as yet; I seem to be 'home alone' at present.
Yeah always when there's a problem, try looking at what each little 'thingy' does. I know that's pretty technical talk; it's just the way I am.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

January 12, 2013 9:48 pm  #109

copy and paste?   What happened to using the quote word inside the posts you wanted to paste  into your message?  I'll  go  take a look   at the alphabet thread  and see  what's  what.   

Also--  another trick  is this---highlight what you want to copy   and press the EDIT   tab  on your browser window.   Same thing  as  right-clicking your mouse.    Am  I  right in suggesting this?  cos I have not read the last 2 pages here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

January 12, 2013 9:48 pm  #110

At the moment I don't have any options for smileys, etc. They disappeared about an hour ago.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 12, 2013 9:51 pm  #111

Yes they have disappeared.
No reply from Boardhost yet; gotta love their customer service, lol.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

January 12, 2013 9:55 pm  #112

That box  keeps appearing or disappearing.   I'm  getting it  now....the smileis are on top  with  everything else.   With  my  last three posts,  I wasn't getting this box.   Now  you  see it....Then you don't?  

I like the fact that we can change colors.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

January 12, 2013 9:55 pm  #113

And now they're back again. They're so changeable. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 12, 2013 9:59 pm  #114

OMG; was it something I said???
and they've change the look of it slightly.

Not sure if I should comment on their 'service' again... we may all end up with chalkboards & chalk!
I'm not really interested in changing colours that much; if I wanted colour I'd go to an art forum, lol.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

January 12, 2013 10:24 pm  #115

They've added a copy & a paste button.
But posting links is now different & looks crappy.

I'm starting to tire of being treated like a guinea pig.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

January 13, 2013 7:27 am  #116

It would appear that we are being experimented upon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 14, 2013 6:11 am  #117

Not so much experimented on but obviously they have decided to use this; they don't have to ask our permission. They've ironed out a few bugs.
What they do is NOT respond for a week or so, wait for the whining and complaining to die down then they say 'Oh you've all noticed already huh?' by which time you have forgotten the 'old way' and adapted to this way.
So they get the change they wanted and they don't have to answer any of the complaints they recieve, lol.
One thing is for certain, if ever we upgrade & pay, I would steer away from those who can only help when money is involved.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

January 14, 2013 12:25 pm  #118

Is it just me or...when I put my smiley icon in at the end (it has to be there you know) and I then decide I want to add of delete anything I have previously written, it won't let me do ANYTHING! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 14, 2013 12:30 pm  #119

When you have already posted it or before posting, Davina?

January 14, 2013 12:52 pm  #120

Before posting. Quotes are even more frustrating...if that is possible. Not sure if my I-pad is helping to make it more difficult, being touch screen n'all. 

I'm just popping out to lunch with a couple of friends. Chiao! Laterz! Will be back on here later today.

Board footera