BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 9, 2014 6:39 am  #201

Re: Technical Help and Questions

Hello hello. You mean, you want to link to this site from another website? There's no template or anything, just whack up the link.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 9, 2014 6:43 am  #202

tykobrian wrote:

Forum software systems supported by Tapatalk are phpBB3, vBulletin, xenForo, IPBoard, Simple Machine, MyBB, bbPress, Kunena and Vanilla.

We're not any of these...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 22, 2014 3:51 pm  #203

Just taking note of all the SPAM we're getting hit with.  Damn.  To bad I don't need a fake passport.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 23, 2014 6:54 pm  #204

One never knows when it might come in handy.

September 23, 2014 6:57 pm  #205

I leave all that kind of thing to Mycroft...or at least his people!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 5, 2014 8:14 am  #206

Oh, wow.....
That must be forum record, at least since I registered...
Three and a half pages of spam...
This sucks.
No chance to get rid of them?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 5, 2014 9:19 am  #207

Just needs to be deleted - I guess there is much more of this stuff that we don't even notice due to the care and attention of our mods 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 5, 2014 9:53 am  #208

Davina is working her way through it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 5, 2014 10:03 am  #209

Yes I am. Another hour of my life I will never get back. F****g nuisances! I was just thinking we hadn't had any for a while....

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 5, 2014 10:05 am  #210

You are my hero, Davina. That was really a bad one.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 5, 2014 10:10 am  #211

I did actually weaken and put on the one that was about getting rid of black magic that 'you press the f****g delete button'! At least they are all gone now. You'd think any astrologer worth his/her salt would just know that would happen! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 5, 2014 10:12 am  #212

All gone. There's actually a plain old delete button I can press that will delete an entire member and all their messages in one go.

December 5, 2014 10:13 am  #213

So, there's no need for you to go through and delete them one by one if it's a large amount like that.

December 5, 2014 10:23 am  #214

Just didn't want to leave them up for too long as I wasn't sure when you'd be home.... 

January 3, 2015 8:01 pm  #215

The forum is loading extremely slow on my end. 

Especially when trying to post, it takes several minutes! And no other forums or sites I am using seems to have that issue so it can't just be my laptop or browser.

I am using Google Chrome btw... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 3, 2015 8:47 pm  #216

Same here. I am using firefox.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 3, 2015 9:39 pm  #217

It's ok here. But we experienced a temporary server overload before for a couple of times.

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 4, 2015 8:52 am  #218

Still the same here. I am working with two windows now. One where I post and then wait for minutes before I can continue, and the other in which I read.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 4, 2015 8:56 am  #219

Then it's probably not a temporary server problem - and it works here 

January 4, 2015 11:18 am  #220

I've still got the issue too... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera