BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2012 8:45 am  #21

Re: Sherlock's Apologies

Still, I don't think Sherlock "fancied" her or anything, he was just fascinated by her, and admired the fact that she was "mildly intelligent".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 2, 2012 6:17 pm  #22

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Also, I love the way he apologises to John in Hounds - "I don't have friends. I've just got one." That's pretty genuine without actually saying the word "sorry."

That's one of my favorite scenes. It's so genuine, without being overly sappy. John's helped him come a pretty long way at that point when it comes to his ability to know and appreciate that relationship.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 2, 2012 10:40 pm  #23

Yes, a wonderful scene. A bit off topic but I also love the one at the end of TGG when he says to John that it was good what he tried to do. I think it's the first time he's bringing himself to acknowledge John's loyalty and friendship.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 3, 2012 7:49 pm  #24

I agree with that moment at the end of TGG. You can see their friendship evolving and each of them acknowledging it to the other in small ways.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 15, 2012 3:51 am  #25

Swanpride wrote:

He was annoyed by the situation and annoyed with Molly because she revealed that he was unhappy about John spending christmas with Harry. So he went for the kill, and for once realized that he had gone too far.

I remember Molly mentioning Harry, but not quite Sherlock's reaction to it or that it bugged him, but now I have a reason to go back and watch his response more carefully.

Board footera