BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 25, 2012 6:37 pm  #1

Greetings from the Palmetto State

Glad to have found you all; still not convinced I'm not crazy for enjoying Sherlock Holmes so much, but definitely glad not to be alone in my obsession. (Am I the only one that can't get that opening tune out of my head?)

I've noticed a few other USAers on here--any other Carolinians?

One crazy fact about me: Though I'm a native South Carolinian (and proud!), I have always felt that the only legitimate 'version' of spoken English carries a British accent. Though experience tells me otherwise, it seems that people with a British accent are just plain smarter, as a general rule. When I talk to myself (okay, there's confession #2, I guess), it's always with a British accent. Anything less just seems inadequate.

Looking forward to catching up on the past several months of posts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 25, 2012 6:39 pm  #2

Re: Greetings from the Palmetto State

Hi Tantalus!

Nice to meet you and glad you could join us. I've noticed you type in a British accent too. Jolly good old chap.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 25, 2012 7:58 pm  #3

Hello Tantalus! Welcome to our forum of proud Sherlockians, British and otherwise.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 25, 2012 8:54 pm  #4

Hello there and welcome

May 26, 2012 2:02 am  #5

Welcome to the forum ! = )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

May 30, 2012 4:47 am  #6

well,  I  lived in  North  Carolina  for a few years,   and I  am hearing impaired,  so  it was hard for me to understand the way ppl talked there.   I  thought it was a southern  accent.  But anyway,  glad you found us here.   welcome!!!   Oh  and what is your icon here?   Is it a norman rockwell thing?  I can't tell.  I  like it tho!!

Last edited by sherlockskitty (May 30, 2012 4:48 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 30, 2012 2:00 pm  #7

sherlockskitty wrote:

well,  I  lived in  North  Carolina  for a few years,   and I  am hearing impaired,  so  it was hard for me to understand the way ppl talked there.   I  thought it was a southern  accent.  But anyway,  glad you found us here.   welcome!!!   Oh  and what is your icon here?   Is it a norman rockwell thing?  I can't tell.  I  like it tho!!

Well, a neighbor to the north! Believe me, your hearing had absolutely nothing to do with not being able to understand the locals.

My icon is a picture of a rather British looking gent examining a tantalus set, which is simply a spirit holder that left the goods in plain sight but had some sort of bar or other locking mechanism that prevented servants from partaking when no one was looking. The artist I'm not sure of--I found it in a google search for images of tantaluses (or is it tantali?).

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

Board footera