BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 25, 2012 3:39 am  #1

Hello!

I was delighted to find this forum, because for a while I've belonged to a French Sherlock forum, which is slightly strange considering the fact that I'm not, in fact, actually French. It's good fun, but I kind of thought I'd join a forum where I don't have to use a dictionary to post! XD
I've been pretty Sherlocked for a while, since about February (I actually read the canon before I let myself watch the series, nerd that I am) and as a PBS-loyal American I only recently watched Series 2. Seriously brilliant stuff, and I definitely can't get enough!
I'm an avid reader, a viola player, and my entire family thinks that I'm beyond strange because I enjoy watching grown men pitch themselves off hospital rooftops. What else is new? Nice to be here, and I'm glad to find a place where I can nerd out in my native language.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

May 25, 2012 5:04 am  #2

Re: Hello!

Welcome Smoggy.

Can't wait to see how we compare to the French forum.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 25, 2012 6:57 am  #3

Welcome indeed Smoggy. Better not to be Le Smog (or is it La?), unless honorary. Hope you have a great time amongst this trusty band of Sherlockians.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 25, 2012 7:58 am  #4

Hi Smoggy, or should I say Bonjour - great username by the way.

Welcome to the forum, hope you have fun here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 25, 2012 8:30 am  #5

Welcome Smoggy! Glad we are to have you here too

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 25, 2012 2:31 pm  #6

Oooh, I have a nickname now! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know; I saw.

May 25, 2012 2:49 pm  #7

Welcome to the forum..we are a lovely bunch of Sherlockians...enjoy.

Watson: Anytime you want to include me... "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes. I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intellect!"

May 26, 2012 2:01 am  #8

Welcome = ).
(Posting without a dictionary should be really nice...)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

May 30, 2012 4:40 am  #9

welcome smoggy!!  I  like your user name.  very clever.    May  I ask...was the Viola hard to learn?   I  play  piano and flute...and the piano was harder.   Still,  music is a love of mine.  oh  don't worry abt what your family thinks--  mine feel the same way too!!   hehehehehhe

Last edited by sherlockskitty (May 30, 2012 4:41 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 30, 2012 2:40 pm  #10

I've only been playing for about a month. I fiddled around (ha ha) with the guitar for a while before that so the transition wasn't too hard. I also played the clarinet for several years. The one big difference is that you have to feel for the notes on the viola, which isn't too hard when you're just plucking the strings, but when you're bowing it's hard to keep your hand from slipping down the finger board. Practice makes it so much easier because your fingers just learn what to do.

I didn't know; I saw.

May 30, 2012 2:43 pm  #11

I play the violin much like Sherlock does. That is, in those moments when he is mindlessly scraping the bow across the strings, producing no particular melody...

Welcome from another music lover!

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 30, 2012 5:34 pm  #12

Thank you! I wish I was so advanced that I could just absentmindedly fiddle with the thing. I can do it pizzicato but if I'm using the bow I usually have to really focus on what I'm doing.

Someday, though...

I didn't know; I saw.

Board footera