BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 23, 2012 9:44 pm  #1

Moffat: People who find SH & DW 'too complex' are stupid

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 24, 2012 12:05 am  #2

Re: Moffat: People who find SH & DW 'too complex' are stupid

I saw this one. The man is definitely no diplomat! He's right though - they're not the kinds of shows you can put on and do something else and leave them on in the background and expect to keep up with them. We've become such a multi-tasking society though we tend to not actually watch television exclusively anymore. I have to say there are very few shows that hold my attention like they do.

I do love the work he's doing on Sherlock and I find him amusing and controversial...sometimes though he really should just keep his mouth shut LOL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 24, 2012 8:38 am  #3

Lol, I tried that last night with Dr Who. I went to get a cup of tea, when I came back I was like "WOAH...what the hell happened?!!!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 24, 2012 11:59 am  #4

Sigh. It really doesn't do to be seen as 'clever' in the UK (unless things have changed a lot),to generalise to save time as I have to run to the bus in three mins, but of course he has a point about the complex soap operas. Human brains are good with complex issues if they are about social things but poor if it is expressed in mathematical terms, even if they represent the same reasoning. I think Prof Dunbar (now at Oxford) showed this (bizarrely I was involved in suggesting him as a speaker at a surgery conference once when the organiser was trying to encourage the attendees to think outside the box and get involved in research.
     What about all those people even if a minority who like complex things, I would ask the non-complexity fans?Sigh. It is so tedious being dominated by some other common denominator.
Agh!
Bus!!
*running*...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Important thing I have learnt from 'Sherlock':
British army research bases keep their bins at the bottom of a quite deep lift shaft.

Board footera