BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 28, 2019 1:24 pm  #1

BBC Radio 6 Music with Martin

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 28, 2019 4:53 pm  #2

Re: BBC Radio 6 Music with Martin

Cool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 28, 2019 6:55 pm  #3

Looks like a labour of love!   Knowing me, I'll forget to listen, but hopefully it will be available on the app.

December 27, 2019 11:05 pm  #4

Martin´s programme called "Decades" is already available on BBC Player:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000cltr

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 5, 2020 12:03 am  #5

I absolutely loved this project of Martin. It contained plenty of good tunes to listen to and introduced some new artists to me. And Martin´s taste in music is superb! 

January 6, 2020 7:41 am  #6

He has very similar taste to me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 6, 2020 6:52 pm  #7

I still haven't caught up with it all!  Very good, though - I do think he's a good presenter and has some interesting choices.  I listened to him talking about Neil Innes and playing Cheese and Onions (one of my favourite Rutles songs!) I think the day before Neil Innes died. 

Board footera