BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 23, 2012 9:14 pm  #1

Detailed Analysis of St Barts Location

Someone's gone to a lot of trouble taking photographs, labelling them, matching them up with scenes from the Fall etc...

http://quarryquest.livejournal.com/684267.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 24, 2012 6:27 am  #2

Re: Detailed Analysis of St Barts Location

this is absolutely wonderful!!  thx foir posting!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 24, 2012 5:10 pm  #3

Absolutely! "Good job" not-tobe-messed-with Librarian
Living in London is even more fun when on can do this kind of thing
Thanks for posting the url Sherlock H. :D

[Offtopic]
Also love that 'London' is subtitled 'Londinivm', presumably to help any time-travelled Romans who came through the Cardiff rift
[/offtopic]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Important thing I have learnt from 'Sherlock':
British army research bases keep their bins at the bottom of a quite deep lift shaft.

May 24, 2012 6:02 pm  #4

An amazing piece of work that must have taken ages to get right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 25, 2012 5:15 am  #5

That dude has wayyy to much time on his hands. He'll be a blithering mess by the time the new series starts,lol.

It was good though as it answered some of my questions that I had & short of going to London, they were not ones I could have asked in an easy way.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 10, 2012 9:44 am  #6

I think this thread needs a timely bump seeing as people are theorising about where he jumped from.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 10, 2012 9:59 am  #7

Wow, that is a lot of work...
Not quite sure what to gain from it though. It's nice to see, but it adds nothing to the theories about the jump, does it?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

July 10, 2012 10:06 am  #8

Not really; but some are questioning whether he really jumped and from which building; etc. I think the idea is we didn't see what we saw; but we did.

I make so much sense sometimes; usually when I am asleep.

Oh and theres a question about what the sniper could see. I better run off and find where it tells you which building the sniper was in now ...... *running away again*

Last edited by kazza474 (July 10, 2012 10:08 am)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 10, 2012 10:51 am  #9

Wow, I love that kind of dedication. Great job by the blogger
Now I have to rewatch TRF to see if the door really wobbled when Sherlock closed it. :D

February 10, 2013 2:15 pm  #10

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Someone's gone to a lot of trouble taking photographs, labelling them, matching them up with scenes from the Fall etc...

http://quarryquest.livejournal.com/684267.html

Funny. I just googled "livejournal.quarryquest" and found that ;). I was in London with my son for six days during winter break, and, yes, I have to confess, that I made a pilgramage to St. Bart´s also. And by coincidence I met that writer last Saturday who was again taking photographs and we were talking for a while....
And that is the result (you have to scroll down, leave the hamster behind ;), see the photograph of a house under construction which is opposite of St. Bart´s and press the picasa link below):
http://quarryquest.livejournal.com/
Wow, she´s really devoted to her job....

Last edited by anjaH_alias (February 10, 2013 2:20 pm)

February 10, 2013 4:34 pm  #11

This is all nice to lok at but I try not to look at outside sources since it's been emphasized time and again that all the events/actions that anteceded the conclusion can be seen by watching the episode at normal speed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

February 10, 2013 9:41 pm  #12

Lupin wrote:

This is all nice to lok at but I try not to look at outside sources since it's been emphasized time and again that all the events/actions that anteceded the conclusion can be seen by watching the episode at normal speed.

That was not my point. It was just funny that I met somebody in London by accident and while googling her blog back in Berlin I first landed here in the forum. So somebody has recommended her page here once.
And, actually, I don´t think it´s a page made for finding out what happened during TRF, it´s something very special for me. A kind of mapping and connecting reality and fiction. I like those obsessions.

Last edited by anjaH_alias (February 10, 2013 9:42 pm)

February 11, 2013 4:38 am  #13

anjaH_alias wrote:

Lupin wrote:

That was not my point. It was just funny that I met somebody in London by accident and while googling her blog back in Berlin I first landed here in the forum. So somebody has recommended her page here once.
And, actually, I don´t think it´s a page made for finding out what happened during TRF, it´s something very special for me. A kind of mapping and connecting reality and fiction. I like those obsessions.

And I was just making a point as someone visiting a forum entitled "Reichenbach Theories".... I think you're being a bit too serious here. I wasn't trying to offend or anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

February 12, 2013 7:26 am  #14

Lupin wrote:

anjaH_alias wrote:

Lupin wrote:

And I was just making a point as someone visiting a forum entitled "Reichenbach Theories".... I think you're being a bit too serious here. I wasn't trying to offend or anything.

Okay, I wasn´t really serious. I was just wondering what my link had to do with the normal speed of watching TRF. And I didn´t put the thread here into the Reichenbachforum - it was already there ;).... whatever: just a link to watch somebody´s remarkable obsession. It was nice to meet her.

Board footera