BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 7, 2020 5:24 pm  #41

Re: Is there any use in keeping this forum up anymore?

I remain fairly certain S5 will never happen...
but they can never take away our memories.
Sherlock remains my all time fave TV show and I will still watch it, from time to time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 7, 2020 5:49 pm  #42

The more time passes, I agree besley, but I still like the show, too.
Referring back to Doctor's post, I hadn't realized that the Sherlockology wasn't around anymore, as they are still on Twitter.

Clueing for looks.

September 7, 2020 5:50 pm  #43

Likewise, to be honest...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 7, 2020 7:48 pm  #44

I know. I was having to look at an archived version of Sherlockology the other day. 

There probably won't be a S5: I think the longer they leave it the less likely it is to happen, and everybody has moved on to other things.  I would love if there was maybe an anniversary series, years down the line! 

September 8, 2020 5:20 am  #45

I would take a one off special!

September 8, 2020 3:30 pm  #46

That would be nice. I'd even take some sort of short bit for a charity programme (like when they did that Four Weddings and a Funeral cast reunion bit for Red Nose Day).

Clueing for looks.

September 8, 2020 4:41 pm  #47

Anything would be good! 

October 3, 2023 2:41 pm  #48

Hi everyone - long time since I've last been on here. But, after 5 years, I rewatched the series, out of the blue, because I suddenly got the feeling that it was time now (no idea why it needed 5+ years to come to this point, but it did).
And I'm glad the forum is still around!  I started reading through old discussions and certainly - so much thought and time (and emotion) has gone into them, it would be a shame to loose such ressource. Thank you for keeping it up and online so far <3

Last edited by Whisky (October 3, 2023 2:42 pm)

"It is what it is."

October 5, 2023 7:30 pm  #49

Hi, Whisky! Lovely to see you again! Yes, I'm glad the forum is still here too. Every so often I do have a root about in old threads and find things I'd forgotten about. And there are even about three or four of us who still post here! :D.  But yes, so much thought and effort has gone into it and it's still a great resource, although can be a bit difficult fo find specific things.

I haven't had a rewatch for a long time. Maybe one is due. Did it feel dated now? Or still the same?

October 9, 2023 8:44 am  #50

Liberty wrote:

I haven't had a rewatch for a long time. Maybe one is due. Did it feel dated now? Or still the same?

It felt somehow similar to the very first time I watched it, which surprised me. I felt the same immediate appreciation, the old questions felt valid... and there was a bit of the heartbreak, too.

Overall just a lighter experience now compared to back then - in a nice way. To me this proves once more that it is a solid piece of TV worth loving - and was all along I think I will continue to treat myself to an episode now and then.

It's nice some people are still around

"It is what it is."

October 17, 2023 7:39 pm  #51

Hi Whisky! Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. I hope you are well. As I recall, you had some frustrations with series 4, but I'm glad to hear your re-viewing of the series was enjoyable. I haven't been back to it in a long time, I watched series 4 without my parents and they never got around to seeing anything past the first episode. Maybe I should get us to watch it. It's funny, I was just thinking about that last night.

Clueing for looks.

October 18, 2023 6:03 pm  #52

That's good to hear, Whisky. It has been a while! I haven't rewatched for so long, but it's no reflection on the show ... just that I don't tend to rewatch even my favourite TV series. So I'm interested to hear how it is to rewatch years later.I keep thinking I'll do a full rewatch sometime, starting from the pilot episode maybe.
Funnily enough I was just talking about this week as well. Something that really disappointed me in the very first episode, and I still don't think I've come to terms with it!  I suppose it maybe comes down to the writers being genius writers, but not necessarily genius Sherlock-level intellectuals - I think Steven mentioned that difficulty.

October 18, 2023 6:38 pm  #53

I know that Mark said thinking of case deductions was a nightmare!

October 18, 2023 8:30 pm  #54

I can imagine it would be difficult and would require a lot of imagination.

Clueing for looks.

October 19, 2023 8:17 am  #55

I mean I suppose I could interpret it differently ... but the bit that has always bothered me was the taxi driver saying that he talked to people and they would kill themselves. I imagined something much more involved, clever and psychological about how he would talk them to the point that they would want to do it and was so keen to hear what it was. But in the end he just threatened them with a gun ... so mundane. I'm maybe being unfair as this was just him trying to sound more clever than he was, but at the time it was a massive disappointment! The writers did carry on and do much more psychological stuff though. And kind of took the theme a bit further in The Reichenbach Fall, and maybe Season Three in particular.
Anyway, so long since I've watched it that I might feel differently now, especially knowing what's coming in later episodes.

October 20, 2023 5:35 pm  #56

I hadn't thought about that episode in a long time, but I get what you mean. Finding our what sort of psychological manipulation he was capable of would have been an interesting story.

Clueing for looks.

November 25, 2023 8:11 pm  #57

Wow, I never realised that this forum is still going. Quite happy to see that. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 25, 2023 8:23 pm  #58

So nice to have you call in!
Yep a few of us keep popping in, every now and then.
Though this reminds me...forgot to post about something.

November 25, 2023 8:25 pm  #59

I hope you have been doing well. I discovered an amazing actor working at a theatre near me. So I have become a stage aficionado since February 2022. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 1, 2023 10:41 pm  #60

Glad you hear you have been enjoying theatre in your area, Susi, and nice to see you popping by after such a long time.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera