BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 2, 2018 9:41 am  #21

Re: Questions

Maybe it's all the more fun being able to speculate about what it would be like?   Funnily enough, Sherlock's bedroom isn't really what I would have expected.  I can't remember any description from the books, but I would imagine something more like the living room, more cluttered, more books, perhaps a pile of books next to the bed.  His actual bedroom is a lot more minimalist and functional than I would have expected - I suppose it shows a clearer division between work/leisure and sleep.  It's interesting, it was pointed out that Eurus's room as a child was very "normal".  Maybe Sherlock's was the same and he's kept it that way.

John's (that we've seen) is also more minimalist.  Of course, he has Mary's influence too.  And the bedsit at the beginning is very temporary and when he's in a poor state of mind.  I imagine his military side making his bedroom seem more regimented and neat.  The medical side might bring in some other things - I get the feeling the living room is mainly Sherlock, so maybe John keeps more of his own stuff in the bedroom? I've tended to imagine the bedroom as quite small, but it doesn't have to be.  As Sherlock doesn't seem to use his bedroom for much other than sleep, he doesn't need a big one, so maybe took the downstairs one next to the facilities for convenience, leaving a more palatial room for John! 

November 2, 2018 2:27 pm  #22

Hard to say whether or not it would be that different from the apartment he had before he moved in with Sherlock. Maybe a few more personal touches and decor since he's in a better frame of mind.

Clueing for looks.

November 19, 2018 2:03 am  #23

No doubt.  And I agree that his military mindset would affect his personal housekeeping.

Board footera