BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 31, 2012 1:01 pm  #21

Re: Snack Bar now open

Oh, and Demark has banned Marmite!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 31, 2012 1:15 pm  #22

Oh, Davina, quoting the line from Downunder makes me sad. Greg Ham, the flute player from Men At Work, died recently.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

May 31, 2012 2:16 pm  #23

but it is a great song! Some friends of mine are in Oz at the moment on a year's working visa and my nephew is working his way over there via South America and New Zealand.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 31, 2012 2:35 pm  #24

Do you know whereabouts they are? I'm not going to stalk them, just curious! Unemployment is so low here that so many industries are crying out for workers. All the men (well, not all) have gone to Western Australia to work in the mines because we are selling anything we can drag out of the ground to China, so they can make crap that they can sell back to us!
Hospitality apparently can't get enough chefs and wait staff, so if you know anyone, send 'em over. Seriously, I can't believe how bad it appears to be in Europe. Most of Greece and Ireland seem to be heading our way. Did you know that Melbourne is the city with the second highest Greek population after Athens! True.

Last edited by hepzibah (May 31, 2012 2:35 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

May 31, 2012 2:55 pm  #25

The couple I know who are going for the year (at least) both have degrees in Hotel management and hospitality plus experience, they worked a year of their degree in New Zealand in a hotel, and have worked in hotels and hospitality here since. It sounds as if they are going to be very, very sought after. My nephew is generally travelling around, not sure he even knows whereabouts and for how long yet. He's packed in his job here to travel for as long as the mood takes him, he's young, why not eh! Sort of on walkabout really! Oh an he's ginger like Benedict too! I think he's getting a ginger tan in Rio at the moment!

May 31, 2012 4:31 pm  #26

Irene_Adler wrote:

Molly Hooper wrote:

Maybe I will, I might even get a tan! 

Oh, yes... but it depends on which part of Spain you visit. The north is quite rainy, even in summer. In the south you can get a tan or more likely... you can get burnt (depending on your kind of skin).
Anyway, always worth to visit.
This is one of those beautiful things you can see here

Wow! I told myself I wouldn't say this but I just have to: It looks just like Disney-Land!!!!! 

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

May 31, 2012 4:44 pm  #27

Molly Hooper wrote:

Wow! I told myself I wouldn't say this but I just have to: It looks just like Disney-Land!!!!! 

I know, it's true. In fact, some people say Disney used part of this castle's silhouette to make his famous castle logo (though I think it's more similar to Ludwig II's castle in Germany). But it is gorgeous, isn't it?

The Catholic Kings lived there for a while and Christopher Columbus walked through its corridors to ask for money for his travel to India... yes, that one that ended up in America 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 31, 2012 5:09 pm  #28

This is one of the best attractions in my town, Costa Coffee!

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

June 15, 2012 5:52 am  #29

that castle  is beautiful!!  and it reminds me of one that I saw   in  Chitty Chitt Bang Bang.    Am  I  right?  I just ate some ritz crackers.    YUM!!!

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 15, 2012 5:53 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 15, 2012 6:03 am  #30

I just had chocolate muesli and now I'm enjoying a Latte Macchiato.

And for eating out this is my favorite spot here in my hometown.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 15, 2012 7:28 am  #31

What kind of food? I can't read the menus. Lol

June 15, 2012 7:44 am  #32

Delicious breakfasts, brunch, light cross-over kitchen with German, Turkish and Italian influences, mouth-watering desserts, cakes ... everything at very reasonable prices. Anybody hungry? Yesterday they had peppers filled with minced meat on a creamy tomato sauce with vegetable couscous and a puff pastry pie filled with fresh asparagus and crayfish tails on orange hollandaise with a side salad  .

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 15, 2012 7:49 am  #33

Oh Lordy! That sounds mouthwateringly delicious. A pity it is too far for me to go for lunch. I have just had a smoothie, Pain au Chocolat and coffee, at home after walking my dogs.

June 15, 2012 8:25 am  #34

sherlockskitty wrote:

that castle  is beautiful!!  and it reminds me of one that I saw   in  Chitty Chitt Bang Bang.    Am  I  right?  I just ate some ritz crackers.    YUM!!!

I saw that film a very, very, very long time ago, so I can't remember... I'll look for it.

The castle is in Segovia, by the way, a beautiful small town near Madrid.

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 15, 2012 9:08 pm  #35

hmmmm--   I  know I've seen it somewhere.   Sound of Music or Chitty chitty bang bang.   thx!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 15, 2012 10:05 pm  #36

sherlockskitty wrote:

hmmmm--   I  know I've seen it somewhere.   Sound of Music or Chitty chitty bang bang.   thx!!

I can't remember the title right now, but Ridley Scott filmed part of his movie about Christopher Columbus in that castle. Maybe you've seen that? In Sound of Music I can assure you it doesn't appear...

June 30, 2012 2:01 pm  #37

May I invite you for an ice-cream in front of a tall building?

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 30, 2012 2:16 pm  #38

Can't decide which is more beautiful!!

June 30, 2012 2:16 pm  #39

I love that building. It's awesome. But the ice looks good, too.

June 30, 2012 2:36 pm  #40

Is that Caramel sauce?! 

Board footera