BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 23, 2018 5:33 pm  #1

Discussing Sherlock: metas, interpretations, analyses

I feel we are missing a thread for posting links to texts such as the above (or maybe I am just unable to find them in a labyrinthine forum like ours). I just read an amazing interpretation of the show with special regard to S4. It is long and elaborate and scholarly and a very rewarding read if you like such things: 

http://garkgatiss.tumblr.com/post/173193780153/bond-hannibal-and-holmes-how-bbc-sherlock

I would be happy if we could collect here everything - long and short - that discusses the show on a deeper level.  

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 23, 2018 6:14 pm  #2

Re: Discussing Sherlock: metas, interpretations, analyses

A great idea for a thread, and a fun read to start off!  I did skip over the Hannibal parts a little, as I'm not so familiar with that (although I've seen The Silence of the Lambs).  I really like the idea of a trigger word (Skyfall/Redbeard).  I'd add to their list the fact that Mary is a bit like Bond in some ways. 

I do think a lot of the Bond stuff is there, simply because the writers like Bond a lot! 

Board footera