BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 23, 2018 7:30 am  #41

Re: How would your perfect S5 look like?

No John's room is built into the eaves of the house.
It's 3 levels and the levels naturally get narrower the higher up you go.  That is the style of the house.
I worked out years ago(I used to get bored):
you could actually put a partition wall right down the centre of the living room, to create a separate bedroom.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 23, 2018 9:34 pm  #42

That would probably be the only way that it would logistically work out. The living room is the largest room in the place, also. 
If they still had clients come into the flat to discuss, then it would probably be the side by the fireplace and the kitchen that could be made into a bedroom, leave the entryway as more of a "public access" space.
Though, come to think of it, imagine being a kid with easy access to the kitchen at night? Could spell trouble! Although that wouldn't stop a kid from coming downstairs at night if she was curious, I know I did a couple times as a kid (though it quickly lost its appeal - but I remember once sneaking down to the kitchen at night as a little kid. I saw this interesting little circles in a jar. I never knew what they were because at that point I'd never seen my parents open the jars, so I ate one...and was in for a surprise because it was a pepper corn!)
I didn't mean to get off topic with that little anecdote, it just reminded me of what it's like to be a child in a sneaky mood. I can imagine a kid trying to steal the headphones of the head on the wall in 221B as well.
Or drawing on the walls and getting in trouble, then retorting "But Uncle Sherlock did it, too!"

Last edited by Yitzock (January 23, 2018 9:34 pm)

Clueing for looks.

January 23, 2018 9:37 pm  #43

To me it would make more sense that the sofa side is the separate bedroom. 
So all the public rooms would be linked.
You would enter by the kitchen: the living room would be to your right and(if needed) the bathroom to the left.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 23, 2018 10:28 pm  #44

I still think John's bedroom (which we haven't seen, so it could be huge! So could be easily partitioned).  Much nicer for her to be near her dad at night, especially when she's little.  Or maybe it's just that I want to keep the living room as it is! 

January 24, 2018 7:31 am  #45

I must confess that even in my (non-Johnlock) fan fic...
The answer the boys came up with, which they reckoned to be the most simple and effective: once Rosie is of an age to need a room of her own, Sherlock moves in with John and and Rosie has Sherlock's room.

January 24, 2018 9:19 am  #46

Hahaha I love how this thread has become "the 221B remodeling thread". 

I can imagine how there could be a small room next to John's that's not considered a bedroom because it's small and crowded with old Mrs. Hudson's/Sherlock's stuff.  

And I also can imagine John coming back as Sherlock's boyfriend sharing a bedroom with him from the get-go.

Anyway, where there's a will, there's a way (or an extra bedroom!).

"It is what it is"
"You see, but you do not observe"

"I shall die upon a cloud of Johnlock fluff and have my body launched into the sun". - LadyTuesday

January 24, 2018 11:48 am  #47

I fully agree, Elemental. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 24, 2018 2:28 pm  #48

John will not move into Sherlock's bedroom, since he loves women; his marriage to Mary and his previous dating of other women is proof of that.  But something will have to be done if he and Rosie move to Baker Street.  It's a big building consisting of four stories altogether; it should be possible to set up a separate bedroom for Rosie close to her father's on the 3rd floor, as we Americans call it.  Or even on the 4th floor, if there's no room on the third.  Because I'm with Liberty--I want to keep the living room the way it is, too!

Last edited by kgreen20 (January 24, 2018 2:32 pm)

January 24, 2018 2:41 pm  #49

I'm not a Johnlocker, but liking women doesn't mean a person can't also like men. I think most Johnlockers see John as bisexual, not gay.

But anyway, I would agree that she might want to stay close by her dad at first, but once she gets older probably wouldn't. Another solution is possible though that we haven't mentioned: one of the other apartments in the building. What if Mrs. Turner dies or moves out? Or someone else in the building moves out or turns out to be a criminal like in series 2? While she is a landlady who would want to make a proper income from all her rooms, Sherlock and John are important to her and she might let them use an extra room for a reduced rate or something.

Last edited by Yitzock (January 24, 2018 2:42 pm)

Clueing for looks.

January 24, 2018 6:11 pm  #50

Well I see both men as straight.
There was me being concessionary and I start all this again!
So I for one am going to forget(even non-Johnlock)fan fic world...
So the honest answer from me on this one is: I just don't know...
IF we ever get a S 5, maybe the Sherlock team will solve the issue by keeping John in his own house.

EDIT:  Mrs Turner is next door.  She is not in the building that houses 221-221C.
There are no other tenants in Mrs H's property.

Last edited by besleybean (January 24, 2018 6:15 pm)

January 24, 2018 6:35 pm  #51

Straight, gay, bi, undecided ... whatever John's orientation, bringing partners back would be difficult if he shared a bedroom, whether they were male or female!  Possibly just as difficult if he shared with Sherlock as with Rosie.  I do think it would become an issue in real life, but of course that doesn't mean it would in our fantasy Sherlockian world!  However, if it was a choice between sharing with Sherlock or Rosie, speaking personally, I think it would be nicer to share with your own child (let's face it, kids are always coming through with nightmares and so on anyway), than with a grown friend, however loved.   One of the advantages of being single is not having to share a bed, or be kept awake by a noisy sleeper! 

Of course, a Johnlock situation would tie up all the room allocation loose ends, so I can see it being quite attractive as an ideal S5 scenario!  I don't think that has been the intention, though.  And I do agree that both are probably straight - if we're talking about sexual orientation in terms of whether they are predominantly attracted to men or women. 

Of course, they could just all move somewhere bigger together, but it wouldn't seem right if it wasn't 221B!

January 24, 2018 7:02 pm  #52

Vhanja wrote:

Rosie will sleep in John's room while she's a baby/toddler, and due to natural events John will movie into Sherlock's room eventually. 

I love you. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 24, 2018 9:11 pm  #53

They could also pay for a thorough renovation of 221A (or was it C, the damp one)?

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 24, 2018 9:32 pm  #54

221 C.
You mean John and Rosie live there?

January 25, 2018 11:39 am  #55

tonnaree wrote:

Vhanja wrote:

Rosie will sleep in John's room while she's a baby/toddler, and due to natural events John will movie into Sherlock's room eventually. 

I love you. 

Someone had to do the job when you weren't in the thread. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 25, 2018 3:30 pm  #56

The sexuality thing had nothing to do with my own interpretation, sorry. Just commenting about hetero generalizations. Like I said, it's not my interpretation. I wasn't considering it for any of my own thoughts of possibilities. Moving on!

Anyway, I don't really know what else to say on the matter of bedrooms. I can't remember how much this has been discussed, but now that the Sherlock and Molly subplot has reached a climax of a sort, I think maybe some acknowledgement of what happened in Sherrinford with the phone call would be good, followed by Molly really finally being able to properly move on, maybe have another subplot unrelated to romance and crushes.

Last edited by Yitzock (January 25, 2018 3:33 pm)

Clueing for looks.

January 25, 2018 5:44 pm  #57

I think Molly and Sherlock are fairly settled as friends now.
She knows he's not interested in her any other way.
She's a good character, so yes, I would like to see more of her. 

January 25, 2018 7:02 pm  #58

besleybean wrote:

221 C.
You mean John and Rosie live there?

Not necessarily. But it could be used as a lab to keep Rosie out of danger. And when she gets older, she might like a flat of her own to have her peace from her dads … doing things and being a general nuisance. 

January 25, 2018 7:07 pm  #59

I'm sure Rosie will be a perfect angel!

January 25, 2018 10:04 pm  #60

Oh, I was thinking ahead to teenage days. 

Board footera