BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 21, 2012 5:21 pm  #1

Joe Riggs, American Mentalist & Consultant.

Hello,

My name is Joe Riggs and I live in West Palm Beach, Florida. While I have been here for about a week and have had the pleasure of meeting a few members already, I realized that there is still so many of you I've failed to introduce myself to.

The users I have met so far have been informative, energetic, challenging and mentally stimulating to say the very least. Being that these are qualities I inherently adore, I am left with nothing but admiration for the board, the members I've interacted with, and those I have not.

Aside from my work as a Mentalist, I am also a lifelong musician and love long walks on the beach. Actually, the former was true and the latter a joke; albeit I do live in South Florida ;-)

I am here because after a lifelong obsession with Sherlock Holmes the BBC's Sherlock absolutely moved me from the moment the afghan war scenes cued in A Study In Pink. While I may have cheated and watched every episode live via proxy with the UK, it was absolutely thrilling to witness the conclusion of season two last night on our own Masterpiece PBS. A station that has gotten far too little recognition for far too long.

In closing, if there is anything I would rather be doing right now; It would be sitting with Jeremy Brett on this old leather couch discussing his thoughts on the BBC's intricately ingenious adaptation of the character he so profoundly contributed to.  (yes he's my favorite)

It is a pleasure to meet you all. I look forward.

May 21, 2012 5:36 pm  #2

Re: Joe Riggs, American Mentalist & Consultant.

Finally a formal welcome to the forum Joe. Although, sadly, no opportunity to speak with the late, great Jeremy Brett.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 21, 2012 5:41 pm  #3

Yes I know, but if ever a delusion comes. I've made my choice.  ;-)

May 21, 2012 6:06 pm  #4

Nice introduction thread Joe!

If I could chose my delusion I'd have Jeremy, Basil and Benedict each explain their interpretations to me.

A man can dream can't he?

Welcome on board!

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 21, 2012 6:16 pm  #5

Fantastic Delusion!  This may warrant a 'desired delusion' discussion in the near future.  ha.

May 21, 2012 6:45 pm  #6

Welcome Joe, glad you decided to stick with us

May 21, 2012 7:09 pm  #7

Gosh! The thought of Basil, Jeremy and Benedict. What a tea party that would be!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 21, 2012 7:21 pm  #8

Can I bring a few Watson's along, since this is turning into more of a social setting delusion?

May 21, 2012 7:30 pm  #9

Hey Joe...
pleased you could join us bunch of enthusiasts!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 21, 2012 7:32 pm  #10

Hey thank you!

I feel very enthusiastic about it! 

Last edited by Joe Riggs (May 21, 2012 7:33 pm)

May 22, 2012 12:00 am  #11

Hey Joe welcome to the forum

I haven't watched the Jeremy Brett ones yet (except the first one). I've got them, just haven't gotten around to watching them yet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 22, 2012 1:11 am  #12

JB rocks!

And hi Joe - thanks for making an official introduction!!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 26, 2012 1:55 am  #13

Welcome ! =)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

Board footera