BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 19, 2015 3:31 pm  #141

Re: Continuity Errors/Slip Ups/Technical Mistakes

So today I watched HLV once again on gently's brilliant flatscreen, and I suddenly spotted some Setlock in the scene when Sherlock and John leave 221B after CAM's visit.
First let me remind you how Setlock looked like that day. Hundreds of fans were standing opposite Speedy's, this is their perspective, you can see Speedy's right behind Benedict:

And now two screenshots of the scene. Look closely at Speedy's entrance door and you will spot the fans!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 19, 2015 3:39 pm  #142

Yeah, that's crazy. They are so keen on doing everything perfect but there they failed. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 19, 2015 3:42 pm  #143

And this should really be such an obvious scene to double-check for reflections in windows, after all it was an absolutely crazy setlock day.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 19, 2015 3:47 pm  #144

Oh, that's cool!

Well, if we are to go by the standard they use on Moviemistakes.com - anything you have to freeze-frame to see, doesn't count as a mistake. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 19, 2015 4:00 pm  #145

I discovered it while watching the episode, I didn't freeze-frame that moment.
I think I never saw it before because my own TV is smaller than gently's.

July 19, 2015 4:06 pm  #146

Ah, ok. I will have to look for it next time I watch the episode.

It's getting harder and harder for them to film outside in London, poor guys.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 19, 2015 4:10 pm  #147

I didn't see it though we have the big screen. Only as you mentioned it, Solar, I discovered it as well. How many times did I watch this episode? 

Last edited by gently69 (July 19, 2015 4:11 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 19, 2015 5:12 pm  #148

Not often enough. Obviously.

July 19, 2015 5:41 pm  #149

I keep getting distracted from such important observations. Wonder why. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 18, 2015 8:07 pm  #150

Here's one I noticed.  Sherlock's jacket changes a few times within a scene, so they must have filmed it over a couple days, or with a lunch break in between, because at some point the wardrobe department must have got the jackets mixed up.

The first shot we transition to when Sherlock mentions The Bloody Guardsman during his best man speech is of himself looking at notes on the wall.  His jacket has one vent.  He talks with Mary and any wider shots where we can see his torso make it unclear what it looks like.  He sits down at the table.  When he stands up, though, we see his jacket has two vents now  (made even more obvious by the way the end floats as he turns to show John and Mary the serviettes).

But I don't think this is the only time where this happens.

We get to the stag night.  It's hard to tell what it looks like for the first scenes, either because he's got his coat on or because he's sitting down.  It looks like it might have two vents when he gets up, then comes back into frame after John finishes the sentence "The game is on." But I could be wrong, and I'm not going to say it does definitively because it's too hard to make out.
The first good view we get is when he takes out his magnifying lens to inspect the carpet.  Very clearly one vent.  The next scene is in the cell at the police station, as we know, and as Sherlock stumbles through the doorway of the cell, we get a shot of him from behind and while it's kind of hard to see it looks like to me like the jacket's got two vents.  But even if I'm not sure about this sequence (maybe if someone else can verify it), I am about the other one.

Last edited by Yitzock (September 18, 2015 8:08 pm)

Clueing for looks.

Board footera