BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 26, 2013 9:39 pm  #121

Re: Continuity Errors/Slip Ups/Technical Mistakes

I think I found one. At the end of TGG with the pool scene, when John comes out wearing the jacket and repeating what he's being told to, he says "What would you like me to make him say next?" as he reveals the bomb underneath. But in the recap at the start of Scandal, when we see John open the jacket his lips aren't moving!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

June 28, 2013 11:53 pm  #122

That's a good one!
I'm not sure if this has been addressed BUT In PINK when they get in the car and its light then they get to the scene and it's dark- well Sherlock said to meet at 221B at 7, they then spend a bit of time in the flat and talking before Sherlock runs off and comes back. So its probablyt 7:30 7:45 and during summer nightfall is usually around 8 ish. So a 6 mile drive would take (depending on the route) at least 20 minutes in the city streets. Definitely plausible that it got dark.
(Also spamming this everywhere but MORIARTY WAS WRONG! I don't think you can break bullet proof glass with a diamond.Let's get it on Mythbusters! http://disq.us/8dtxb1)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"You being all mysterious with your cheek bones and turning your collar up so you look cool..."
"I don't do that!"
"YEAH yuh do!"

August 15, 2013 8:29 pm  #123

I've just discovered "The Mystery Of The Self-Closing Shirt Button"!
Apparently, there is an automatic device which will close a cheeky shirt button within four seconds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 15, 2013 9:07 pm  #124

Amazing  Now, that's what I call useful technology! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 16, 2013 12:21 pm  #125

I would have never noticed that. You've got waaay to much freetime, tobe! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 16, 2013 2:06 pm  #126

Oh man, I've watched these so many times that I've pretty much picked up all of the small editing errors, but here's one that was pretty glaring to me:

After Irene drugs him, she's rubbed the whip off of his face:

The very next shot, the whip is on his face again:

Last edited by sj4iy (August 16, 2013 2:07 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 20, 2013 2:41 am  #127

Maybe it was mentioned elsewhere but in TBB when Sherlock is "googling" the URL points to the computer's C drive 

August 20, 2013 6:35 am  #128

Didn't you know all the internet is on Sherlock's C drive? 

Lovely find!

Last edited by Harriet (August 20, 2013 6:36 am)

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 20, 2013 6:44 am  #129

Harriet wrote:

Amazing Now, that's what I call useful technology!

Question: Does it also work the other way around... unbuttoning the shirt? Of course I could (and would!) always do this myself (), but just in case my hands should be occuppied with doing something else already...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 20, 2013 6:46 am  #130

Don't you think his chest does this work anyway? 

August 20, 2013 6:50 am  #131

SolarSystem wrote:

Harriet wrote:

Question: Does it also work the other way around... unbuttoning the shirt? Of course I could (and would!) always do this myself (), but just in case my hands should be occuppied with doing something else already...

No problem - just let the film run backwards!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 20, 2013 6:51 am  #132

Yeah, well, you're right of course, Harriet. How could I not think about this myself?

Last edited by SolarSystem (August 20, 2013 6:52 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

August 20, 2013 6:53 am  #133

tobeornot221b wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Harriet wrote:

No problem - just let the film run backwards!

August 20, 2013 7:33 am  #134

Chest - automatic device - perpetuum mobile 

September 15, 2013 6:35 pm  #135

"The Astonishing Case of the Disappearing, Transforming and Re-Appearing Passer-By":

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 17, 2013 5:08 am  #136

Well spotted!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 8, 2013 12:55 pm  #137

Another one.
TGG. On their way to Scotland yard John sits in the taxi with beard stubbles
(understandable, because he hasn't had the time to shave after his staying over at Sarah's)

...but on their arrival at the Yard he seems to be clean-shaven.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 8, 2013 1:24 pm  #138

He probably borrowed a shaver from the cabbie... I'm sure London cabbies always hold a shaver ready for their passengers.

November 8, 2013 2:37 pm  #139

Not for all customers - but they do have certain services for their best customer and his friend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 8, 2013 3:26 pm  #140

Haaaaaa, that's so sweet...!

Board footera