BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 29, 2012 9:33 pm  #81

Re: Continuity Errors/Slip Ups/Technical Mistakes

SusiGo wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

Oh, that's cool, Mnemosyne! Haven't noticed that before.

I can't believe that.  You've got the sharpest eyes in the forum.

Thank you both very much.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 2, 2012 8:39 pm  #82

Found another one.
"The Mystery of the De- and Rematerialising Tea Towel":

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 2, 2012 9:08 pm  #83

If it had only dematerialised, I would have said Sherlock used it to mop up spilt acid. But that it rematerialised again ... that is odd.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

December 7, 2012 8:44 pm  #84

During the last minutes, I was having fun with finding out some continuity mistakes from the scene in Irene's house.
That scene has to be the result from assembling it from several takes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 23, 2012 3:20 pm  #85

don´t know if somebody mentioned that, but the Vermeer painting in TGG cannot be Vermeer...he wasn´t a landscape painter at all

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

December 23, 2012 4:32 pm  #86

My daughter's an art history student and she seems to think he did.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 23, 2012 6:29 pm  #87

Uhm, is veduta/cityscape the same as landscape? I don't think so.
He did one or two vedute, but landscape?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 23, 2012 6:31 pm  #88

I think he mainly did portraits and domestic scenes like the famous "Girl with pearl earring" and the "Woman in Blue Reading a Letter". He did paint a view of the city of Delft which was used by the makers of Sherlock as a basis for the "Lost Vermeer". Here some information I found on tumblr:

View of Delft by Johannes Vermeer.
The original “Lost Vermeer  painting from The Great Game.

View of Delft was painted by Vermeer between 1660 and 1661 and shows a view of the artist’s hometown. It is an oil on canvas and is currently housed in The Royal Picture Gallery Mauritshuis in The Hague. Perhaps Vermeer’s most popular painting is Girl with a Pearl Earring.

Sherlock’s production designers have recreated the original painting to show a night scene, cutting out a portion from the top and bottom of the canvas. They have kept the cityscape almost identical.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 23, 2012 6:32 pm  #89

Thanks, Susi, this is interesting. Thanks, Mrs. Wenceslas, for bringing this up 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 5, 2013 3:56 pm  #90

SusiGo wrote:

I think he mainly did portraits and domestic scenes like the famous "Girl with pearl earring" and the "Woman in Blue Reading a Letter". He did paint a view of the city of Delft which was used by the makers of Sherlock as a basis for the "Lost Vermeer". Here some information I found on tumblr:

View of Delft by Johannes Vermeer.
The original “Lost Vermeer��  painting from The Great Game.

View of Delft was painted by Vermeer between 1660 and 1661 and shows a view of the artist’s hometown. It is an oil on canvas and is currently housed in The Royal Picture Gallery Mauritshuis in The Hague. Perhaps Vermeer’s most popular painting is Girl with a Pearl Earring.

Sherlock’s production designers have recreated the original painting to show a night scene, cutting out a portion from the top and bottom of the canvas. They have kept the cityscape almost identical.

I was seeing but not observing, obviously. thanks! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 6, 2013 6:56 pm  #91

When I watched TRF for the first time I was like: "OMG, they put Sherlock and Moriarty in the same lockup – not quite a good idea!"(Red herring by wicked writer, obviously. )
But if this is meant to be at least neighbouring cells in the same building, just have a careful look at the window and the wall tiles: This scene apparently has been shot separately in the same room with finally the two images merged into one.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 6, 2013 6:57 pm  #92

Possibly...but wouldn't the cells be identical, anyway?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 6, 2013 6:58 pm  #93

I always imagined them being separated by a wall, just like sensing each other
- but of course this cannot be, given the window 

January 6, 2013 7:00 pm  #94

besleybean wrote:

Possibly...but wouldn't the cells be identical, anyway?

Identical, yes, but not clones!

Last edited by tobeornot221b (March 2, 2013 8:46 pm)

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 2, 2013 8:53 pm  #95

I've just been watching Reichenbach and I came to notice for the first time that Moriarty - when the police rush into the tower - is wearing an ermine robe that definitely hasn't been in that display case before.
Where has it come from?

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 2, 2013 9:12 pm  #96

From a box under the chair? 

March 4, 2013 4:10 am  #97

Harriet wrote:

I always imagined them being separated by a wall, just like sensing each other
- but of course this cannot be, given the window

I agree. I doubt very much they would put them in a position to talk to one another. Surely that would be in contempt of court or something.

================================================================

March 4, 2013 11:17 am  #98

It is just a cinematic split-screen effect. They wouldn't be in the same cell.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 4, 2013 12:29 pm  #99

Like I said, look at the windows - the shadows clearly show that. 

March 15, 2013 3:53 am  #100

In PINK, Sherlock meets Watson outside to show him the Baker St. Apt. He is explaining how he knows Mrs. Hudson. She opens the door and says, "Sherlock, look at you." and embraces him as if she hasn't seen in since her husband's trial. Problem is, he moved into the apartment already and in the next scene, she's admonishing him for the mess he has made in the kitchen.

Board footera