BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 25, 2012 7:30 am  #61

Re: Continuity Errors/Slip Ups/Technical Mistakes

The next one could be due to the fact that Benedict loves to fiddle with props - or it could be related to the scene edited from several takes.
After the pen toss Sherlock holds the pen in his folded hands where it seems to rotate while Sherlock's talking to John:

Last edited by tobeornot221b (October 25, 2012 7:30 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 25, 2012 8:53 am  #62

As someone who can't simply hold on to a pen either without fiddling with it, I would let that one pass... but I guess you are right that it's a sign of the scene cut from several takes.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

November 10, 2012 8:04 pm  #63

Here' s The Mystery of the Disappearing and Re-appearing Skull in the Kitchen:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 11, 2012 9:00 am  #64

Where on earth could the skull disappear off to?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 11, 2012 9:03 am  #65

Mrs Hudson took it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 11, 2012 10:01 am  #66

I think there have to be two skull friends around because one apparently has been sitting on the mantlepiece all the time:

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 11, 2012 1:57 pm  #67

There definitely are 2 skulls.  I referred people to this scene on my last forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 11, 2012 2:31 pm  #68

besleybean wrote:

There definitely are 2 skulls.  I referred people to this scene on my last forum.

Yes - one idly sitting mantlepiece skull and one hyperactive kitchen skull.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 11, 2012 4:42 pm  #69

Perhaps they are/were twins...

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 11, 2012 4:46 pm  #70

Ha!  Or brothers?

November 14, 2012 6:26 pm  #71

D.I. Dimmock has a member in his team who manages to appear out of nothing (or from under his desk?) within four seconds time, giving the impression that he has been sitting there for ages.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 14, 2012 6:33 pm  #72

A stand-in team member for urgent issues, obviously 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 14, 2012 7:23 pm  #73

Ah, that's just one of those "from time to time invisible" colleagues.
Actually, I am, too. Today I talked to my colleagues several times - but they didn't react. None of them. Why? I found an easy explanation: It was my invisible moment.! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 14, 2012 7:31 pm  #74

There are also "from time to time invisible" customers at a self check-out. Ask John...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 14, 2012 7:35 pm  #75

These are scary, don't you think? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 14, 2012 9:13 pm  #76

Must be ghosts, I suppose. People who died out of sheer frustration at the self-checkout. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 29, 2012 9:00 pm  #77

I have one from A Scandal in Belgravia for you.

In the scene where Mycroft tells Sherlock to stay out of it (line: 'Yes Sherlock, you will') you can clearly see two crew members in the mirror as the camera pans. One is the camera man and there is a second person sitting on the couch.

Excuse my rubbish screencaps:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

November 29, 2012 9:16 pm  #78

Oh, that's cool, Mnemosyne! Haven't noticed that before.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 29, 2012 9:21 pm  #79

tobeornot221b wrote:

I can't believe that.  You've got the sharpest eyes in the forum.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 29, 2012 9:32 pm  #80

SusiGo wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

I can't believe that.  You've got the sharpest eyes in the forum.

Oh - I'm glad that there's still something that needs to be discovered - white spots on the map, you know? I like to explore those little known areas.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera