BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 14, 2017 10:11 am  #1

New Project: How To Stop Time

Benedict will act and co-produce this upcoming project: 

http://deadline-yahoopartner.tumblr.com/post/158388346991/benedict-cumberbatch-to-star-in-how-to-stop-time

I love how he focusses on contemporary English literature while at the same time doing something so profoundly American like Doctor Strange. Amazing man. 

Last edited by SusiGo (March 14, 2017 10:20 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 14, 2017 12:19 pm  #2

Re: New Project: How To Stop Time

The book it's based on comes out in July.  Currently available for pre-order at Amazon.  
https://www.amazon.com/How-Stop-Time-Matt-Haig/dp/1782118616/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1489493873&sr=1-1&keywords=how+to+stop+time

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 14, 2017 12:41 pm  #3

Hmm... Rogue Male isn't mentioned... put on ice?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 14, 2017 3:24 pm  #4

Ooh this sounds like an interesting project!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

March 14, 2017 7:29 pm  #5

He's a busy bee, isn't he? 

Sounds interesting! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 14, 2017 7:32 pm  #6

Workaholic!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 15, 2017 12:21 am  #7

That's a pretty early announcement considering the book ins't even out yet.

Clueing for looks.

March 15, 2017 6:50 am  #8

True enough!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 15, 2017 8:35 am  #9

Yitzock wrote:

That's a pretty early announcement considering the book ins't even out yet.

I think it shows how very keen he must be on the project. I am very happy for the author, this must be a wonderful feeling when someone like Benedict wants to adapt your book.
I have read two books by Matt Haig so far and I must admit, when reading "The Humans" I sometimes pictured Benedict in the part. And the plot of the new one sounds very interesting. I bet there will be tears again ...

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 15, 2017 11:30 am  #10

Benedict takes great pride in making us sob like babies. 

Last edited by tonnaree (March 15, 2017 11:31 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 15, 2017 5:37 pm  #11

Bless his heart.

March 15, 2017 5:38 pm  #12

I agree about Humans, Susi - yes, could definitely see Benedict in that part!  (Although I'm not sure the first person style would translate without a voiceover - I loved all the observations by the protagonist!). 

Last edited by Liberty (March 15, 2017 5:40 pm)

March 15, 2017 6:45 pm  #13

For a moment I thought you were talking about the 'Humans' TV show that stars Colin Morgan!

August 17, 2017 7:29 am  #14

Just ordered the book, curious about the story.

Though,  "Highlander" looks like something similar....Oh, Duncan MacLeod......oh Freddie....Who wants to live forever?  ......💔

Last edited by DramaQueen (August 17, 2017 9:07 am)

Men should be what they seem, 
Or those that be not, would they might seem none!

September 12, 2017 8:25 pm  #15

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/benedict-cumberbatch-drama-nabs-theory-everything-screenwriter-1034080

Well,  the screenwriter should be good , StudioCanal is fully financing this project.

I liked the book, too. Quite interesting how they would manage to show the flashbacks where Tom looks like a teenager being eighteen years of age. And later, as he looked like twenty something. Another actor obviously should take this part. And he should play the lute and the piano.....ohhhh, I already want the movie! 🙏

Last edited by DramaQueen (September 12, 2017 8:28 pm)

October 7, 2017 11:45 am  #16

October 7, 2017 12:38 pm  #17

Oh, this is lovely. And it shows us Matt's headcanon quite well ... 

October 12, 2017 7:54 pm  #18

So here is an exclusive update. Today I met my editor at Frankfurt Book Fair. They will publish the German translation next year and were told by the British publisher that filming will start in March. 

October 12, 2017 9:04 pm  #19

@SusiGo
Are you translating the book into German? That’s great, my congratulations! 🎉

October 12, 2017 9:25 pm  #20

No, unfortunately not. I would have love to do it. But still, having the same publisher as Matt Haig is a nice feeling. 

Board footera