BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 1, 2017 10:56 am  #1

The Real Sherrinford! (St Catherine's Island and Fort - Tenby).

Hello everyone. 
So have you ever wanted to know a little more about the real life location used for Sherrinford? It’s really a Fort on St Catherine’s Island in Tenby, South Wales. I have just released a short 1 minute documentary about the fort. I’ve always had a connection to this place and I’ve been fortunate enough to have had private access to film in the little seen tunnels underneath the main hall.

For full disclosure, the video is my entry for a competition to win a Sony camera. But it’s interesting nonetheless and I thought Sherlock fans would like to see a little more of the real life location. The competition shortlisting is based on youtube likes, so please if you enjoyed it, give it a like and share it if you can.

Thanks for your time and enjoy the real Sherrinford!

https://youtu.be/KElem1q96qY

March 1, 2017 5:10 pm  #2

Re: The Real Sherrinford! (St Catherine's Island and Fort - Tenby).

Thank you, mattjeh, this is a very interesting video. Thank you very much for sharing this with us. I love the special magic of derelict buildings. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 2, 2017 10:15 am  #3

Re: The Real Sherrinford! (St Catherine's Island and Fort - Tenby).

SusiGo wrote:

Thank you, mattjeh, this is a very interesting video. Thank you very much for sharing this with us. I love the special magic of derelict buildings. 

I do too! I can only put it down to the genuine memory I have of being in there when I was 3. The memory has always remained with me and it's given me a curiosity of derelict places, getting to go where decay has taken over. Where imagination can take over.

Board footera