BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 4, 2017 6:29 pm  #1

Sherlock cosplay MakeUp

So, I am going to cosplay Sherlock, but I can't figure out how to do the conturing. I watched tutorials about male conturing anespecially Sherlock Conturing, but when I tried it my mother just asked why my face was so dirty :-D
I'm training this for quite a time, but I'm generally not into MakeUp stuff, so could anyone please give me some tips?

-----------------------------------------
Just being a curl.

February 4, 2017 6:51 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock cosplay MakeUp

I'm a mess when it comes to makeup, and I haven't even tried contouring... so I'm not really the right one to ask. Or to give any real advice...

But I think (and Benedict would probably hate me for saying this) but I think he has some slight feminine features (Why I've often seen female cosplayers have some success). Have you considered looking at some of the videos by Jeffree Star etc? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 4, 2017 7:49 pm  #3

Perhaps you could have a look at the Hillywood Show parody? Could give you some ideas on how a woman is made up to look like Sherlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 4, 2017 11:49 pm  #4

I think the suggestions of the others are pretty good.  It's also possible that your "failed" contouring attempt could have either been because you hadn't done it before or maybe the colour wasn't right for you? I don't know, I never do makeup.
How critical do you think it is to your costume? Going without might be an option? Up to you.

Clueing for looks.

February 12, 2017 4:23 pm  #5

Thank you all for your replies.

I bought myself a new contour kit and orientate on the youtubers you showed me and it looked very Batchy! I hope the others will think so too

-----------------------------------------
Just being a curl.

February 12, 2017 4:37 pm  #6

When are you cosplaying? Can we hope for a picture?

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

Board footera