BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 20, 2012 10:40 am  #1

e mail to Richard Brook

Scary thing to do!

On “Richard Brook�� ’s CV, you can read his email address: richard@r-brook.co.uk. So I shot off an email:

Subject: is Richard Brook James Moriarty?
Date: January 21, 2012 5:31:33 PM GMT
To: richard@r-brook.co.uk
Inquiring minds want to know.

Here’s what I got in return:

Subject: Out of Office AutoReply Re: is Richard Brook James Moriarty?
Date: January 21, 2012 5:31:51 PM GMT

Hullo there!

Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately, I will be out of town and without access to email for an unknown period of time. For all urgent requests, please contact journalist Kitty Reilly, and she will be able to direct your message. Otherwise, please feel free to reply with more details and I'll be sure to respond when I return!

Thanks from your favourite storyteller,
Richard Brook

http://www.flickfilosopher.com/blog/2012/01/sherlock_blogging_the_reichenb.html#ixzz1vPAWvHNb

Last edited by JaneCo (May 20, 2012 2:50 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 20, 2012 10:48 am  #2

Re: e mail to Richard Brook

Yeah I think we all got the same response.

There's another one I discovered a month ago, can't remember it now.
hmmm

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 20, 2012 10:51 am  #3

I sent him a fan message saying that I had all his DVDs and that he was my favourite storyteller.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 20, 2012 10:58 am  #4

I sent him greetings from the country of Johann Sebastian Brook but didn't get a reply.
Maybe it's because I ended with "I believe in Sherlock Holmes!"?

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 20, 2012 11:00 am  #5

Ohh I remember now, I have a list of email addresses I snagged off the shows. I will grab it later & send some off & see if I get a reply from any, lol.
eg Mycoft, Lestrade & a heap of ones getting consults from Sherlock... tee hee

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 20, 2012 11:52 am  #6

*sigh*
Drats, they all came back as undelivered lol.
How very rude of them!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 21, 2012 3:13 pm  #7

where did you find Mycroft's email?!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

May 22, 2012 6:03 am  #8

BY watching the shows.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 22, 2012 6:47 am  #9

So you just saw it written on sheet of paper...

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

May 22, 2012 7:22 am  #10

No

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 22, 2012 4:07 pm  #11

May 23, 2012 2:50 am  #12

Watch the shows closely.
I think it may have been Study in Pink where Sherlock was answering emails & there was a shot of his email inbox.

I will have to wait & check on which show it was, unless someone can help out with that. My lovely daughter has my DVDs at the moment  and I haven't got time today to watch online; but rest assured I will list what I discover when I do take another look.
Hmm, may have to do a 'research' weekend of all the shows soon.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 23, 2012 6:27 am  #13

I hope you've made her leave a deposit for their safe return. Something of equal or greater value...a grandchild perhaps? Lol

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 23, 2012 6:57 am  #14

She shall produce for me my first grand daughter in about 6 weeks (I have 2 grandsons, one from each daughter). She shall be the first daughter born into this family since, well since my daughter was born! lol
Therefore she shall indeed pay me back for wresting the dvds from my grasp for a short time, lol.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 23, 2012 8:29 am  #15

I'm happy to read about your new grand daughter, Kazza, congrats, and I hope everything goes well this last weeks 

About the email thing, I can't check right now but I think the shot to Sherlock's email inbox happens in the unaired pilot.

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 23, 2012 9:26 am  #16

Just a quick peek online ; saw this & YES Irene, found some on the pilot, just after he goes upstairs at the morgue:

Starts at about 3:50 on this link. You can stop & start as you see fit & read the emails etc there.

Always observe, after your initial look.
You get to see so many funny little things that way.

Last edited by kazza474 (May 23, 2012 9:30 am)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 23, 2012 3:34 pm  #17

What is The Unaired Pilot??

May 23, 2012 3:47 pm  #18

Molly Hooper wrote:

What is The Unaired Pilot??

Ooooh Molly!! You don't know about the pilot? Lucky you!!
It is the first version made of A study in pink. It is only one hour long and different in most scenes to the aired ASiP. The case resolution is different and Sherlock has a quite different look.
The only bad thing about it is there is no Mycroft 

But anyway, it's worth a watch. It is included in the UK DVDs, if you don't have them or have not way to get them, I'm sure you can find it somewhere else... 

Oh... lucky you, still something to discover about Sherlock!!

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 23, 2012 3:50 pm  #19

...and here's some more information on the pilot from the sherlockology site:
http://www.sherlockology.com/episodes/pilot

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 23, 2012 3:51 pm  #20

What's this got to do with a pilot?!
Does Benedict still play Y-K-W?!

I'll go check now if my DVD has it!!!
SO EXITED (it's like I just discovered that series 3 is coming out 2morow!!!!!)

(4:53pm It does!!! I had seen it before but because it had the word pilot I thought it was about planes!  )

Last edited by Molly Hooper (May 23, 2012 3:54 pm)

Board footera