BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 20, 2017 10:24 pm  #61

Re: What is real in TFP?

besleybean wrote:

Because I think Benedict and Martin are unavailable.

Oh, that. Yeah, sure.
I think they can squeeze in a special pretty easily, tho. In a couple of years' time. If the idea is interesting.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 20, 2017 10:27 pm  #62

But we're used to a couple of years wait...they were talking as thought his was going to be so much longer and gave us an ending, for that reason.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 20, 2017 10:27 pm  #63

Exciting idea for a 14th!. I think there will be more . Simply because this happens after every series.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 20, 2017 10:29 pm  #64

I know and I never took any notice of it before.
This time is different.
Are people really not seeing TFP as an end?
It's an obvious end to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 20, 2017 10:34 pm  #65

besleybean wrote:

I know and I never took any notice of it before.
This time is different.
Are people really not seeing TFP as an end?
It's an obvious end to me.

A final episode which is an obvious rip off of about 20 different horror movies, scene for scene? 
Erm... no I certainly do not see this as a fitting final ending.

January 20, 2017 10:36 pm  #66

An end for now maybe which is obviously because of Rosie. Willing to bet we get specials and more eventually.
ACD bring back Holmes rerun and return.

Last edited by Mothonthemantel (January 20, 2017 10:38 pm)

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 20, 2017 10:37 pm  #67

It's not so much if we liked the end, rather do we recognise it as an end?
To me we have gone full circle form ASIP.

January 20, 2017 10:38 pm  #68

Also think they will want to answer the criticism.

January 20, 2017 10:40 pm  #69

I really don't think so.
They should rise above itl

January 20, 2017 10:42 pm  #70

besleybean wrote:

It's not so much if we liked the end, rather do we recognise it as an end?
To me we have gone full circle form ASIP.

I agree on both accounts. I have mixed feelings about TFP but I see it as the end. Even if it's a messy one.

Mothonthemantel wrote:

Also think they will want to answer the criticism.

But at which cost? They can't drum up the whole crew and cast in an editorial reply to an undiscerning critic!
I would have loved the show to be as clever as we thought it was, but alas. I'll live with the slightly strange finale they gave us and will be happy that we got a finale at all.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 20, 2017 10:48 pm  #71

I think there will at least be  specials now and then . Everyone is very involved with supporting and loyal to the BBC which has been under threat.

January 20, 2017 10:49 pm  #72

Well, they can only make them if Benedict and Martin are available.

January 20, 2017 11:58 pm  #73

You think that Benedict and Martin will never be available again?  Or that they have no further interest in playing those roles?  I find that hard to believe, myself.  Maybe they won't be available during the new two years, but surely at some point, they and the rest of the main cast will be (before they're old and gray and before Una Stubbs is dead, hopefully!), and I'm very sure that they're still quite interested in playing Sherlock and John

Last edited by kgreen20 (January 21, 2017 12:16 am)

January 21, 2017 7:35 am  #74

kgreen20 wrote:

You think that Benedict and Martin will never be available again?  Or that they have no further interest in playing those roles?  I find that hard to believe, myself.  Maybe they won't be available during the new two years, but surely at some point, they and the rest of the main cast will be (before they're old and gray and before Una Stubbs is dead, hopefully!), and I'm very sure that they're still quite interested in playing Sherlock and John

I fully agree. Plus, for marketing reasons it would be a lot more clever to announced your final episode as just that. There is no definite Statement from anybody that it is really over.

But to come back to the topic, I am not sure I believe in the fact that some / most / all scenes of S4 are unreal but to me it is such a great fun to look for details. It's like nitpicking with a masterplan in mind. :-D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 21, 2017 8:34 am  #75

For my part, I don't want to be too precious about others nitpicking what I consider to be a masterpiece by the masters!
It's just I have a personal list of eyebrow raisers and one of them is when people start saying things aren't real.
Now I(for myself, at least!)want to clarify what we mean by 'real'.
Obviously this is TV/film so I hope we all expect to suspend belief to a certain extent.
No, I think what we mean by 'not real' in Sherlock terms is MP, fake deaths...that kind of thing.
To that extent, I am thinking everything in TFP is real.
To get back to why saying 'it isn't real' is on my 'eye brow raising list'...
Well I am just always concerned that some people might be tempted to excuse anything they don't personally like as ' not real' ..so they don' have to deal with it.
We have history:  Sherlock shooting CAM, for example.
I am sure there are others.

January 21, 2017 8:47 am  #76

Why does it bother you when others consider parts of the show not real?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 21, 2017 8:48 am  #77

Well so far, they've always been proven to be wrong...haven't they?

January 21, 2017 12:13 pm  #78

besleybean wrote:

Well so far, they've always been proven to be wrong...haven't they?

But why does that bother you?

January 21, 2017 12:19 pm  #79

It doesn't bother me, as such.
But I confess I was quite pleased to never have given any credence to any of the theories about things not being real.

January 21, 2017 12:20 pm  #80

I didn't believe in them, but I found them interesting, myself.  We had such a long break between episodes - we needed to speculate! 

Board footera