BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 18, 2017 12:14 pm  #1

Steven Moffat discusses The Final Problem

The short interview explaining some artistic choises during an episode:

http://www.vulture.com/2017/01/sherlock-showrunner-steven-moffat-the-final-problem.html

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 18, 2017 12:58 pm  #2

Re: Steven Moffat discusses The Final Problem

Thanks for sharing, some interesting thoughts. It's great to here his thoughts behind their decision. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 18, 2017 2:29 pm  #3

Another interview on the same subject - this time from Enterntaiment Weekly:

http://ew-yahoopartner.tumblr.com/post/155955184583/sherlock-showrunner-explains-that-intense-and

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 18, 2017 2:41 pm  #4

Oh, yes, the one where Louise disagrees with him - which if course she can, they don't have to agree with everything.

I'm quite curious about the scene that was replaced, though.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 18, 2017 2:55 pm  #5

I'd like to thank him for clarifying that Sherlock is not now pursuing Irene.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera