BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 18, 2012 12:28 pm  #41

Re: SiB questions and answers thread

You're right, Swanpride. There's no reason for us to assume that Kate Middleton is involved. But - isn't it funny that Irene addresses her lover/P.A.: "KATE - we're going to have a visitor." ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 18, 2012 1:10 pm  #42

I'm just always happy when the monarchy is ridiculed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 18, 2012 3:10 pm  #43

The female royal is never specified. The link to royalty is in order to follow the original canon story. It is completely irrelevant as to which royal is being referred to because, actually, no living, real royal is being referred to. This is a story. It is fiction. Speculation is daft!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 18, 2012 10:19 pm  #44

I don't know why, I always thought it had to be one of the daughters of the Duke of York. But as you say, it is just a story and it doesn't have to refer to any living person.

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

November 19, 2012 7:00 am  #45

Well my hubby and I had come to the same conclusion, but never mind...
Incidentally I know Irene said she'd drugged many of her friends, but do we think she was partly happy to inject Sherlock, because she knew John could care for him?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 19, 2012 7:22 am  #46

besleybean wrote:

Well my hubby and I had come to the same conclusion, but never mind...
Incidentally I know Irene said she'd drugged many of her friends, but do we think she was partly happy to inject Sherlock, because she knew John could care for him?

I think she was happy to drug him as on the one hand she felt a certain attraction to him and at the same time enjoyed getting the upper hand after he'd been his usual arrogant self. For her it's always a mixture of pleasure and pain.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 19, 2012 7:36 pm  #47

The other thing of course:
It's in SCANDAL that John first suggests Molly as a trusted person...to brings Irene's phone to Speedy's.

November 20, 2012 10:40 pm  #48

Ha. I always thought it was Kate Middleton too. There's no actual reason why it should be, it's just that she is the most well known, young female royal. I actually can't name any others at all.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 21, 2012 7:06 am  #49

Lucky you!

November 22, 2012 12:52 am  #50

I forget if this question was asked before--  I'm  just now re watching SIB  for the umpteenth time--   Sherlock says  to the equerry at the Palace--  "I'm not the Commonwealth-"   What does he mean,  by saying that?   He  lives in England.   England IS  part of the Commonwealth of nations,  isn't it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

November 22, 2012 7:38 am  #51

Britain is part of the Commonwealth. The Commonwealth is headed by the Queen. What Sherlock is doing here is making the point that he is totally independent of any royal input or control. That the Queen is not the boss of him.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 22, 2012 4:39 pm  #52

I thought he was making the point that he knew his client was The Queen.

November 22, 2012 6:33 pm  #53

Davina wrote:

Britain is part of the Commonwealth. The Commonwealth is headed by the Queen. What Sherlock is doing here is making the point that he is totally independent of any royal input or control. That the Queen is not the boss of him.

Exactly, he just wanted to point out that he couldn't care less what the Queen, or whoever the employer is, is doing and Harry doesn't have to explain himself.

Although I'm quite that Mofftiss didn't have a certain younf female member of the royal family in mind, I have to wonder who could it be.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 22, 2012 9:47 pm  #54

"I'm not the Commonwealth" to me, basically just means "I'm not your average person".

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 22, 2012 11:03 pm  #55

I think "I'm not the Commonwealth" means that just because he's aware that the queen smokes has no bearing on it becoming known to the greater public. Telling him is not synonymous with telling everybody.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

February 5, 2013 1:47 pm  #56

ok, I have a question: rewatched ASiB again (stopped counting for how many times) and there´s one thing I consider a mistake: when John meets Irene at Battersea, they talk about messages Irene sent to Sherlock. Irene reads these messages from her phone, but they should had been sent from her first phone, which has been in Sherlock´s hands since Christmas... so she couldn´t read them on her new phone? or am I wrong? maybe it´s already solved somewhere here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 5, 2013 1:58 pm  #57

You've got a point there. She must have sent those messages between her nicking his coat and her appearing "dead" in the mortuary. The first message sent from the new phone should be the one stating she isn't dead. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 5, 2013 4:37 pm  #58

I thought it was!

February 19, 2013 5:18 pm  #59

SusiGo wrote:

You've got a point there. She must have sent those messages between her nicking his coat and her appearing "dead" in the mortuary. The first message sent from the new phone should be the one stating she isn't dead. 

I'm probably totally wrong because I don't own a smart-phone or use text messages, but is it possible that it is like an email service, or FB messages: all the messages in your account show up regardless of which device you are using?

February 19, 2013 8:33 pm  #60

I think you can save messages on sim card or phone machine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

Board footera