BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 20, 2012 9:51 am  #1

SiB questions and answers thread

- I stumbled across a decent and quite well considered review of SiB here:

http://www.flickfilosopher.com/blog/2012/01/sherlock_blogging_a_scandal_in.html#axzz1vOs8iDUP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 14, 2012 7:13 am  #2

Re: SiB questions and answers thread

So---we can ask questions  that don't have thread/topic  titles here  tight?  Maybe change the title  to QUESTIONS ABT SIB ASKED HERE 

1.  Why was Mycroft so upset, that his little brother  uncovered the plane crash thing that the gov't was going to do?  I mean,  did Mycroft KNOW that this email was on Irene's phone?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 14, 2012 7:19 am  #3

You can ask questions anywhere, no need for tite chnges & things.

As for your question, NO Mycroft had no way of knowing what was on Irene's phone.
So there was no leak to 'the enemy' at that stage. The leak came from Sherlock showing off & solving what information Irene had gathered.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 18, 2012 2:53 am  #4

here's another thread to ask questions  about SIB, I assume.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 18, 2012 4:15 am  #5

sherlockskitty wrote:

here's another thread to ask questions  about SIB, I assume.

I have now changed the title of the thread for you, please feel free to post questions for discussion in here if you need.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 20, 2012 8:00 am  #6

I'm posting this here because I wasn't sure where else it would fit: Yesterday I watched SiB once again and noticed for the first time that Mycroft's wearing a wedding ring. At least it looks one. Do you think it's his own ring? I know he's married but usually actors wouldn't wear such things during work, especially not if they didn't fit with their on-screen characters, would they?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 20, 2012 9:22 am  #7

This "happy announcement" Mycroft/John scene is from ASiP:

Mark Gatiss was asked this wedding ring question in an interview some months ago but sadly I don't quite remember his answer. I think he said something about that the ring was in fact Mycroft's and they intended to uncover the reason for it at some later point.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 20, 2012 9:49 am  #8

Thank you very much. I thought he might have worn it in the other episodes as well but I only noticed it now.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 20, 2012 10:17 am  #9

It was discussed a while back in here, I'll try to find the thread.

HERE

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 20, 2012 10:25 am  #10

Sorry for the double posting, I had searched for it but couldn't find it.

July 20, 2012 10:39 am  #11

No that's fine, it was a while ago. Easier to ask. I have a pretty good memory of everything in here lol. (sad really)

And it's not a double posting really; that only happens when they are both started same time.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 21, 2012 5:45 am  #12

It looks as if the ring above was on Mycroft's right hand?    I read the thread discussion--they're saying it's a prop, and Anthea has the same ring...Ok  so it's not Mark's wedding ring.   Here's hoping they'll explain that ring sometime.   

On the plane--were those people really dead?   I  could have sworn that one of them looked a bit like Lestrade.

Thank you kazza  for changing the title and merging the two threads.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 21, 2012 5:47 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 21, 2012 7:07 am  #13

Well let's see...the people on the plane were really SUPPOSED to be dead however...they don't use REAL dead bodies when they are filming such things so they would be LIVING extras PRETENDING to be dead. The one that looks like Lestrade is Rupert's twin brother (not really, just joking.)

Last edited by Davina (July 21, 2012 10:35 am)

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 21, 2012 8:35 am  #14

Just wondering what they did about the smell. It was some time ago that the clients came to 221B. Can't have been exactly fresh …

July 21, 2012 8:44 am  #15

I think you can keep the complete cabin at quite low temperature for a while.
I mean, it worked with the frozen cat in CP, by mistake, though.
Gosh, WHY do I get off-topic all the time?? Sorry!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 21, 2012 8:49 am  #16

Well, we know that the plane was supposed to be blown up.. now that teh dead will have to be removed again, it is definitely going to be messy.

July 21, 2012 8:52 am  #17

.. re-reading my morbid posts today I realise I so have to lie down NOW - seems my shift was too long.. urg.

July 21, 2012 10:36 am  #18

Not the cat!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 21, 2012 8:08 pm  #19

Wow, never noticed Mycroft's ring before. Good observations!

Ok, so I have a question...which to me always just appears like a bit of a plot hole...

At the end when John and Mycroft are in Speedys and John goes up to the flat...why does he take Irene's file up with him if he only has to take it back downstairs again to give to Mycroft? Why not just leave the file with Mycroft then go back up to the flat and tell Sherlock the lie as planned? It was basically just a plot set up because they wanted Sherlock to get Irene's phone at the end, the phone being the equivalent of the photograph he asks for in the original SCAN.

Does anyone else have a better explanation?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 21, 2012 8:31 pm  #20

No. I don't.
So I explained to myself, that he took everything upstairs so Sherlock could have a "last look" at it, if he wanted.

Did anyone notice that Sherlock interrupted John when he started telling him the truth?

Last edited by Mattlocked (July 21, 2012 8:31 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera