BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2017 7:49 pm  #61

Re: Things we loved about TFP!

I get those wrong when I type fast.  And there/their/they're, etc.  English spelling doesn't make any sense!

January 19, 2017 7:53 pm  #62

Well I am an absolute grammar Nazi and usually darn well make sure I get them right!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 19, 2017 8:16 pm  #63

And I'm the family idiot who relies on you guys to get it right so do pay attention when you're typing, ladies

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 19, 2017 8:20 pm  #64

Can't help my insomnia, which leaves me wrecked the next day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 19, 2017 8:29 pm  #65

I think I have edited like 90% of my posts because I've spotted a spelling and/or grammar mistake after posting...usually right after clicking submit! 

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 19, 2017 8:33 pm  #66

Me, too.

January 19, 2017 8:37 pm  #67

Me too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 19, 2017 8:44 pm  #68

SusiGo wrote:

I am not sure where to put this but this could be the right place. Someone cut out Mary's video and voice-over from the last scenes. This way, it makes for a beautiful and far more satisfying end. I wish they had done it this way. And the funny thing is that it proves how superfluous that whole Mary thing has been:

http://gosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/156073350526/loveismyrevolution-marcespot-sussexbound

Thank you. Much, much better, I think.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 20, 2017 1:38 am  #69

It's been said already... but how gentle Sherlock was with the frightened girl on the plane.

It was lovely!

Also my friend and I were singing Eurus' song after watching the episode together the other day.

I liked Eurus' character. I think. My friend and I are not particular fans of Sian's on the account of being Shakespeare nuts and share a love for Ophelia... but we actually both agreed she was much much better at playing this psychotic character.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 25, 2017 10:05 pm  #70

Am I the only one who can't stop listening to it?

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

January 26, 2017 7:40 pm  #71

It is an amazingly beautiful piece of music. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 26, 2017 7:47 pm  #72

It's not just you!  It has been stuck in my head (in a good way!) since TFP aired.  It may be my favourite piece of Sherlock music.  I do wish there was a version without the main Sherlock theme coming in though - although it works brilliantly, I would like to hear a longer version of Who You Really Are on its own.

I thought the music in general was great this series.  

Last edited by Liberty (January 26, 2017 8:02 pm)

January 26, 2017 7:50 pm  #73

Oh yes. I listen to it whenever I have the time, too! I think it's become my favorite soundtrack of them all, pushing Sherlocked and Irene's theme to places 2 and 3 after such a long time.
The duet is mesmerising. Funny how Mr. Arnold says they were told to write the saddest piece of music ever and I think it turned out so affirming in the end.

Last edited by ewige (January 26, 2017 7:52 pm)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 26, 2017 7:56 pm  #74

Yes, I agree!  It's poignant but somehow uplifting too.  Happy rather than sad.  

Here's another favourite of mine:

And another:

I read a review of TFP which slated the music and I was gobsmacked!  I think it's wonderful!

January 27, 2017 12:01 am  #75

I absolutely love the music, it's beautiful! 

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 27, 2017 2:23 pm  #76

Ok. fine.  I'll buy the soundtrack. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 27, 2017 3:19 pm  #77

Does anyone have any idea when the soundtrack will be available on Amazon.com?

January 27, 2017 3:36 pm  #78

They had to delay the delivery due to technical reasons. I think it will become available on 10 February in the UK. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 29, 2017 1:51 am  #79

Guess it remains to be seen, then, when it'll be available here in the US.

January 31, 2017 6:46 pm  #80

One thing I loved about it is was this song

and the comments on youtube

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera