BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 16, 2012 4:28 pm  #1

Ideas to help promote this forum

Does anyone have any ideas about how we can spread the word about this forum and get more people to join??

I've posted messages on most of the Facebook Sherlock related pages and on imDb. Any other ideas?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 16, 2012 7:38 pm  #2

Re: Ideas to help promote this forum

Urm what about putting it on all the websites facebook twitter etc

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

February 16, 2012 9:00 pm  #3

Well it's on most of the Facebook pages that are related to Sherlock...maybe if you know of any more you can post a link..

I'm on Twitter but have no idea how to use it!! Are you on Twitter?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 17, 2012 3:10 pm  #4

Try and get a retweet from any of the shows creators and/or actors.

However, before you do, let's get the content up and running here so they are proud/feel obligated to do so.

Communities take time to form and there will be the odd storm before it calms to normal and we all know how to conform to our identity as a group.

There are plenty of folk on Tumblr and getting them (And their delicious art work and theories) here would be sweet.

Just a heads ups to you SH, you seem like you've thought this place out very nicely - expect it to get busy, don't attach any emotion to your role as administrator and perhaps allow yourself to vent elsewhere when you need to. I've seen three fan sites come together and fall apart since Sherlock came on the BBC and it's not pretty if it's not managed well.

That said I do have every faith in you and a big thank you for brining the community together so we can all share and marvel at a wonderful rendering of the classic character!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

February 17, 2012 3:21 pm  #5

Thanks m0r - that's good to know...don't worry, I've learnt how to be emotionless by watching Sherlock, lol.

I've been on Tumblr and formed a blog just so I could follow other peoples, but it's a new one to me so haven't really worked out how to interact with the people on there yet!

February 17, 2012 3:26 pm  #6

I need twitter I did have it but I need a new account

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

May 27, 2012 1:03 am  #7

I  would like to see a thread somewhere where ppl can ask questions  about how to do something on this forum/board.   I  myself had a question,  but it seems to have eluded me at the moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 27, 2012 7:59 am  #8

Yes sherockskitty, a technical thread would be useful and probably save the Boss time and effort repeating advice several times to people in pms. Good idea 

June 6, 2012 3:36 am  #9

Well it's on most of the Facebook pages that are related to Sherlock...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommend the House MD Season 8 DVD, a very good-looking DVD!

June 6, 2012 3:56 pm  #10

I've been too busy to participate recently, but have checked daily.

Two full unchecked pages from 'New posts' - we're getting there.

What a wonderful mix of people from around the globe we've got together here!

Thanks all!!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

Board footera