BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 25, 2017 8:28 pm  #281

Re: The Final Problem: First impressions

Maybe he calls her "The Whip Hand", or Mistress.  Never knowingly under-cliched!

(sorry, I can't get the thingamy on top of the "e")

January 25, 2017 8:29 pm  #282

Acute?
Yep. the Posh boy and the dominatrix.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 25, 2017 8:30 pm  #283

Maybe he calls her Lady Irene. Sounds nice.

Why are we discussing that?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 25, 2017 8:32 pm  #284

Dunno and honestly can't be bothered to scroll back to find out!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 25, 2017 8:39 pm  #285

I think that if they really had had something going he would have called her whatever she told him to call her 'cause that's how it works. ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 25, 2017 8:40 pm  #286

Yeah, but I think he's more than a client.

January 25, 2017 8:43 pm  #287

besleybean wrote:

Yeah, but I think he's more than a client.

Interesting. Do you think that in private, Irene does have vanilla sex instead of BDSM?

January 25, 2017 8:45 pm  #288

I suspect she may have once had sex with Sherlock.
What else she does I have absolutely no interest in.  
It's all incredibly distasteful to me.

January 25, 2017 8:49 pm  #289

besleybean wrote:

I suspect she may have once had sex with Sherlock.
What else she does I have absolutely no interest in.  
It's all incredibly distasteful to me.

Why sex? Why not a session? (Which many people count as sex as well but you seemingly don't, that's why I phrased it like that.)

January 25, 2017 8:52 pm  #290

Well I dunno Sherlock's tastes, so I suppose anything is possible.
But I say again, their relationship seems to go beyond professional and client.

January 25, 2017 8:58 pm  #291

besleybean wrote:

Well I dunno Sherlock's tastes, so I suppose anything is possible.
But I say again, their relationship seems to go beyond professional and client.

Well, I agree. But Irene seems to be enjoying what she does. I see no reason for her to have "ordinary" sex with someone she really fancies. :-D

January 25, 2017 9:00 pm  #292

Besides, I think that the atraction between the two of them is purely intellectual. But when we are discussing it anyway ...

Last edited by Schmiezi (January 25, 2017 9:01 pm)

January 25, 2017 9:03 pm  #293

I think she was attracted to him in a sexual way as well. "Look at us both." But quite one-sided, I suppose. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 25, 2017 9:06 pm  #294

I think Irene could be Sherlock's one flirtation with sex, but it obviously doesn't interest him that much.

January 25, 2017 9:19 pm  #295

Well, it's an interesting question about Irene, because I don't think we ever know for sure - her skill is knowing what people like, so she'll adapt herself to be what they want, I presume. (I think some pro-doms have the same leaning outside of work, but it doesn't necessarily follow, and Irene was doing it for money, etc.  And the moment when she inadvertently reveals her feelings - there is no SM flavour to what they're doing there.  So I think it may be open to interpretation).

Sherlock, on the other hand - well, I like to assume that her talent for knowing what people liked didn't fail her.  So what we saw, is what he likes. 

Yes, I have thought about this. 

January 25, 2017 9:21 pm  #296

I'm not sure what you mean?
What do we see and is she really responding to his likes?

January 25, 2017 9:24 pm  #297

Liberty wrote:

Sherlock, on the other hand - well, I like to assume that her talent for knowing what people liked didn't fail her.  So what we saw, is what he likes. 

Plenty of women looking similar to Irene pass Sherlock daily on the street, I guess and yet he remains unmoved by them.
But there is only one woman who could play such a delightful mind-games with him and to prove his equal during the process.
Hence her title, "The Woman".

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 25, 2017 9:25 pm  #298

Well at the end of the day, neither of the Holmes boys realised she was informing Moriarty.

January 25, 2017 9:35 pm  #299

besleybean wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean?
What do we see and is she really responding to his likes?

We see her being sexually dominant, and yes, she's supposed to know what people like.  (Although I think there's much more to it than that aspect - but that was the aspect we were talking about, whether IF they had done it, they had sex or a "game"!).

January 25, 2017 9:39 pm  #300

So you think she had studied enough of him before and knew before she really met him?
Oh you mean in their ' I took your pulse' encounter?
I don't know...not an episode I watch a lot(or at least not for  while),though I will see it again in the Summer.
I think she's meant to be 'playing him', but of course it turns out she really does like him.

Board footera