BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2017 8:46 am  #1

Warning! Major spoiler leaks online! (No spoilers in this post).

For those that don't know, a Russian dubbed version of TFP was leaked yesterday.  A forum member kindly warned us about spoilers on tumblr and twitter.  Well, I was told and I didn't listen - had a spot of insomnia and started playing about on the internet.  I didn't think many people outside of Russia would want to watch a Russian version, rather than the episode airing today, and naively thought that anybody who did look would be keeping it quiet, or at least putting spoilers under a cut.  That is not the case!  It appears to be being discussed as if the episode had aired.  Spoilers abound, I assume for the whole episode.   I saw a couple before I got out of there (hopefully nothing too bad, but I would rather not have known).  

I don't know about twitter, I was too wary to go there after tumblr.  We have already been warned, but I thought I'd flag up that this is not a case of oh, you might see a tiny spoiler or hint.  No, it's basically no different to what you would expect if the episode had officially aired. 

Thank goodness for our safe haven here!

January 15, 2017 9:34 am  #2

Re: Warning! Major spoiler leaks online! (No spoilers in this post).

I thought maybe a spoiler had been posted a few places in here as well... I saw something that looked like a spoiler but I quickly shut my eyes and backed out and didn't read all of it, so I'm not sure. It was something that was apparently "confirmed". I'll not say any more for obvious reasons, and I don't know how the mods can delete it without first looking for and reading it, therefore being spoiled themselves.

January 15, 2017 9:48 am  #3

I had the same thought as you when I saw that post, Meretricious!  But I read it, and the poster was actually talking about something we already knew from HLV (and which is in the post title).  No spoilers for TFP, just some speculation.  Thank you for the heads up, though, and I will keep an eye out for anything else. 

January 15, 2017 10:05 am  #4

Thanks for the heads up! I did know about the leak yesterday, and when I started seeing hints (no spoilers in partiuclar) on Tumblr, I left. I won't go back until after I've seen the episode tonight. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 15, 2017 10:20 am  #5

Meretricious, exactly the same thing happened to me and I didn't dare say!
We're all a bit jumpy, aren't we?
It's gonna be a long 10 hours.
So glad it wasn't a real spoiler.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 15, 2017 10:38 am  #6

Thank goodness! Good job, Liberty

January 15, 2017 11:07 am  #7

Russian news say that the leak probably originated in the online player of the Russian broadcaster.
I kind of hope BBC will be able to take legal actions.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 15, 2017 12:14 pm  #8

I hope everyone manages to avoid spoilers (and hope if you have or do see anything it doesn't ruin the viewing experience too much!), we are so close now! 

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 15, 2017 12:19 pm  #9

Thanks for the warning earlier, Lis.   Personally speaking, I don't tend to find spoilers usually negatively affect my viewing, so although I wish I hadn't seen them, I'm sure it will be fine tonight!  

January 15, 2017 12:35 pm  #10

I know, I feel conflicted on this one, as well.

I usually shout about spoilers not bothering me at all and usually this is true.
But I just don't know, with it being possibly the very last one...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 15, 2017 12:48 pm  #11

No worries Liberty

I'm the same and spoilers don't usually bother me but like you say besleybean as this could be the last ever episode I'm a bit conflicted as to how I feel about seeing any spoilers. I think though even if I do end up stumbling upon some it's not going to affect me too much and I am going to enjoy the episode tonight!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 15, 2017 1:24 pm  #12

Well, one of the problems with having seen spoilers is that I now know something other people don't and am having to be careful what I discuss now.  I'd been looking forward to today being able to chat openly and come up with final speculations, but now I have to be circumspect!   This will be resolved in a few hours, and it's only then that I'll know how big these spoilers were.  However, even if I'd read the whole script, I'd still be very excited about seeing the episode, despite having the whole thing spoiled!  I think the Russian version would actually have really "spoiled" it for me, though - I'd hate to be watching it without our actors' voices.

I expected the forum to be very busy today, but it's fairly quiet.  I think some people might be sensibly avoiding the internet altogether!

Last edited by Liberty (January 15, 2017 1:24 pm)

January 15, 2017 1:40 pm  #13

Or possibly people are picking their threads...but yes, does seem a bit quieter than normal.

January 15, 2017 1:45 pm  #14

Sorry you were spoiled, Liberty. And thank you for warning.

I've been careful the last few days... I do not want this episode ruined for me. I have a feeling it's one of those episodes...

I'm still angry at people who don't show respect and keep sharing these things. At least tag it or put it under cuts if you really feel you have to!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 15, 2017 2:01 pm  #15

Well I accidentally saw some screenshots yesterday, but they didn't seem very spoilerish fortunately.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 15, 2017 2:21 pm  #16

I was spoiled on twitter yesterday because I wasn't aware of the leak when I went there...

​I saw two series of animated gifs. One which didn't give much away. Another which was a bigger spoiler.

​I also came across a few dialogue lines, but fortunately, it wasn't too spoilery. But also some comments which really gave things away (unless their authors just made fake comments to fool people)

​Finally (yeah, I know that by that time, I should have just run away from twitter but I was kind of stuck there and I found it hard not to look ​ which is really silly... I'd waited for 3 years, one day more was Nothing!) I saw many tweets and also a vid from the panel, which were big spoilers, at least for me.

​I'm a bit gutted I haven't seen that leak information before, I would have stayed away from any social media...

​Still, I really think the whole thing is weird. The leak, I mean. Well, the leak itself is not weird, those things happen all the time.

​But Sherlock staff warning us about it? I'm sure far less people would have been aware of the link and would have watched it if Steven and Sue hadn't mentioned it. I don't get it.

​A part of me thinks it may be a trick, that the leak is fake and that they just wanted to fool the most curious fans. Well, knowing Mofftiss, this could be plausible.

​But then I tell myself that they wouldn't have filmed a whole episode (or alternative parts of the real one) just for the sake of trolling us. I mean, it's a lot of work and Ben and Martin have such a busy agenda that I doubt the whole staff would waste the energy to film a fake episode.

​But it seems so weird that the staff would practically "advertise" the leak...

​Awwww... wait and see!

Just like old times...

January 15, 2017 2:43 pm  #17

I think they felt they had to respond and to warn appropriately, so people could choose to stay off line...which I think some are.

January 15, 2017 3:07 pm  #18

I asked to be spoiled on a precise thing and I thank the people who answered me ! Now, I'm staying clear of everything potentially spoilery to enjoy tonight's episode ! 

To think it's perhaps the last episode ever will bring a bittersweet feeling when the opening will start... 

January 15, 2017 3:28 pm  #19

I really think that rather than being the last one, the show will go on like Poirot. Not every year but whenever the stars have time. I can't see the BBC letting this go.

January 15, 2017 3:29 pm  #20

Well I'm sorry, but this is going against what every member of the team has been saying.
There are no current plans to make any more.

Board footera