BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2017 8:47 pm  #41

Re: BFI screening 12 January (may contain TFP spoilers)

besleybean wrote:

It is usually superior to the Daily Mail.

Sadly, that's not a very high recommendation!  lol

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 13, 2017 8:48 pm  #42

Well I think it's usually pretty good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 13, 2017 8:57 pm  #43

Yes, it's fine.  Used to a broadsheet, supposed to be not particularly left or right wing.  Any particular reason for asking?

January 13, 2017 8:59 pm  #44

Ivy wrote:

If someone is interested http://cantpronouncefromtivoli.tumblr.com/post/155783055355/non-spoilery-spoilers-under-the-cut

Like it says, non-spoilery spoilers.

Just a warning - I clicked on this person's account, and it looks like they are helpfully answering questions about the screening.  The answers seem to be under a cut, so easy to avoid, but I couldn't resist clicking on a couple then wished I hadn't!   I didn't see any major spoilers, but there are definitely spoilery spoilers (as opposed to the non-spoilery spoilers in the link!).  

Last edited by Liberty (January 13, 2017 8:59 pm)

January 13, 2017 8:59 pm  #45

They published something questionable about the screening but it looks like they just took it from someone's twitter.  *rolls eyes*

Did I ever tell you I was a journalism major in college?  I can remember when we use to do this thing called "fact checking."  It was very useful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 13, 2017 9:00 pm  #46

I'm surprised at The Indy...not so cool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 13, 2017 9:07 pm  #47

Liberty wrote:

Ivy wrote:

If someone is interested http://cantpronouncefromtivoli.tumblr.com/post/155783055355/non-spoilery-spoilers-under-the-cut

Like it says, non-spoilery spoilers.

Just a warning - I clicked on this person's account, and it looks like they are helpfully answering questions about the screening.  The answers seem to be under a cut, so easy to avoid, but I couldn't resist clicking on a couple then wished I hadn't!   I didn't see any major spoilers, but there are definitely spoilery spoilers (as opposed to the non-spoilery spoilers in the link!).  

Thanks for the warning. I meant that her posting is not really spoilery. I didn't say you should strays and click somewhere. Just read her posting and leave! 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 13, 2017 9:30 pm  #48

Oh, I'm not blaming you, Ivy.  And the person hides the spoilers under cuts, so it's safe to look and decide which questions you want to "spoil" - just warning for anyone like me who finds it difficult to resist temptation!

January 14, 2017 7:54 am  #49

Moving some posts over here from the other thread as could be considered a spoiler:

tardislass wrote:

One the one hand the uproar over a certain ship-dom has kept most of the other spoilers at bay, but wow some people's reaction. It may not be what they wanted, but to say they cheated people and didn't deliver on a promise is absurd-not defending Moffat, who can come off as an asshat at interviews and Q&As.

It's reminding me of when Ianto died on Torchwood and parts of the fandom wrote the most horrible things to the writers. 

January 14, 2017 7:54 am  #50

besleybean wrote:

I don't know if it's because he's Scottish.
I don't understand peoples issue with Steven, he is a lovely, clever and very funny man.
I think some people need to remember: he promised us nothing and doesn't owe us anything.

January 14, 2017 7:55 am  #51

Liberty wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, Besleybean!  That it's because of where it's from - his manner is misinterpreted.  And in fact, Moftiss promised the opposite - they did quite clearly say that they weren't going to do

JL.

January 14, 2017 7:55 am  #52

tardislass wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up as I never recall the producers promising that-just the opposite. And it's quite telling that Mark and Steven's favorite Holmes movie "Secret Life of Sherlock Holmes" has Sherlock with a crush on Watson who is obvious and chases women. I do think it's sad that Gatiss is getting abuse because as a "gay man" he should want characters like him.

I love the internet and fandom(Whovian here) but certain aspects remind me of the Steven King movie "Misery" where Kathy Bates freaks out because the author killed Chastity.  Or perhaps it's because I've had a horrible past few months and people freaking out this much over a fictional show just irritates me for some reason.
IMHO.

January 14, 2017 7:56 am  #53

besleybean wrote:

Oh it irritates the heck out of me, too.
I've on more than one occasion just had  to walk away for a period of time.
I actually get most upset on things like Twitter, because that seems so very public.

January 14, 2017 7:56 am  #54

besleybean wrote:

Oh it irritates the heck out of me, too.
I've on more than one occasion just had  to walk away for a period of time.
I actually get most upset on things like Twitter, because that seems so very public.

January 14, 2017 8:01 am  #55

Liberty wrote:

It might be best to take this over to the other thread

in case some of  it could count as a spoiler

January 14, 2017 8:02 am  #56

Schmiezi wrote:

tardislass wrote:

One the one hand the uproar over a certain ship-dom has kept most of the other spoilers at bay, but wow some people's reaction. It may not be what they wanted, but to say they cheated people and didn't deliver on a promise is absurd-not defending Moffat, who can come off as an asshat at interviews and Q&As.

Wow, this is a major spoiler to some people here! :-(((

January 14, 2017 8:05 am  #57

Thank you Liberty!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 14, 2017 8:44 am  #58

Quite some cutting and pasting!

January 14, 2017 11:52 am  #59

hey guys, I came to see what the thoughts were on the new episode and saw you posted a link to my non spoilery-spoilers - I'm CantpronouncefromTivoli on Tumblr!

January 14, 2017 11:58 am  #60

It would be rude to just delete them! 

I'm almost forgetting this is a spoiler because we have already been told that JL is not going to happen previously.  But, I do think that if it's based on reports from the BFI screening, then it counts a spoiler.   And I think that for people who expected it to happen, it will actually be a massive spoiler (and disappointing).  

Anyway, about the fan reaction to it - I think it is a small minority who will react badly.  There has been nothing bad on this forum directed towards the crew. 

Board footera