BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2017 7:25 am  #21

Re: An imaginary sister? Sherlock = Eurus?

At the end of the series M.A.S.H., one of the characters is slowing going mad because someone strangled a chicken in front of him. Turns out the chicken was actually a baby, and he had substituted a chicken in his memory because he couldn't process the death of the baby. I wonder if Sherlock substitutes Redbeard for Euros and it is her "death" that he can't process (because he was told she died when he was a child, or something like that...).  

January 12, 2017 7:28 am  #22

I have often thought on this myself...though Sherlock does seem to have an affinity to dogs.
Plus I wondered if Euros had done something to Redbeard.
Then again it would make sense his childhood playmate would have a prate name, if they always played pirates,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2017 6:10 pm  #23

HuddersBAMF wrote:

At the end of the series M.A.S.H., one of the characters is slowing going mad because someone strangled a chicken in front of him. Turns out the chicken was actually a baby, and he had substituted a chicken in his memory because he couldn't process the death of the baby. I wonder if Sherlock substitutes Redbeard for Euros and it is her "death" that he can't process (because he was told she died when he was a child, or something like that...).  

I remember that episode.  It was Hawkeye, played by Alan Alda.

January 12, 2017 6:14 pm  #24

Harrowing scene.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2017 6:42 pm  #25

kgreen20 wrote:

HuddersBAMF wrote:

I remember that episode.  It was Hawkeye, played by Alan Alda.

One of the TV moments that haunted me for years. So painful yet so realistic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 12, 2017 6:49 pm  #26

The whole show was brilliant and the films, too.
But that particular episode was spectacular.

Board footera