BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2017 12:28 pm  #1

The darkest secret

"What is the very worst thing you can do to your very best friends?"
- "Tell them your darkest secret. Because, if you tell them, and they decide they'd rather not know, you can't take it back. You can't unsay it. Once you've opened your heart, you can't close it again."

I'm having this feeling this is not only about Culverton, but a strong preparation for some revelation in episode three. Something about Euros, about Mycroft's knowledge? But I am not sure what is implied here. Who would tell whom, and what? And who would rather not know? Sherlock maybe? And Mycroft maybe the confessing one, who cannot take it back?

Sorry if this is a bit random, but the wording struck me as significant.

"It is what it is."

January 9, 2017 12:46 pm  #2

Re: The darkest secret

It seems to me the same. 

The only one who knows the secret is probably Mycroft (not counting Euros). But is it his secret or is he just the one who takes care about the consequencies?

January 9, 2017 2:16 pm  #3

I also thought that this quote was of great importance for the finale...
As Smith was in contact with Eurus, maybe she talked to him about the Holmes family. I think the secret will be revealed either by Mycroft or by Eurus...

January 9, 2017 2:41 pm  #4

I'm convinced it's foreshadowing (again)... and isn't it painfully true? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 10, 2017 12:55 pm  #5

I also think that those words are important. They were given us in the trailer and must have a connection to TFP. Which one, I'm not sure.

Last edited by Schmiezi (January 10, 2017 12:56 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 10, 2017 5:29 pm  #6

I am with you on this Whisky, sounds plausible to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 10, 2017 5:34 pm  #7

Yes, I think this will lead into TFP too.   And it's said in the context of the memory drug, and I keep feeling that memory will be a big theme in TFP.  In the trailer, Mycroft says that everything Sherlock is, is due to the memory of Eurus.   But he doesn't seem to remember her, as far as we know (although he could be holding out on us!).  And that was the context of Culverton's little speech - once you open your heart, you can't close it - but of course you can, if you alter people's memory.   

I think we'll also be finding out why Sherlock has closed his heart.

I'm loving that these episodes are meshing together like this.

Last edited by Liberty (January 10, 2017 6:03 pm)

January 10, 2017 5:40 pm  #8

They are brilliant but traumatising.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 10, 2017 6:42 pm  #9

I wonder if "Do you ever look in the mirror and want to see someone else?" is a headsup too.  Eurus says it near the beginning, and it's probably just a clue that she's a master of disguise.  But it could also bleed into TFP, I think.

Board footera