BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2017 10:32 am  #121

Re: Favourite scenes (photos/gifs)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 13, 2017 10:34 am  #122

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 13, 2017 10:39 am  #123

January 13, 2017 11:50 am  #124

January 13, 2017 1:18 pm  #125

Someone on tumblr said "Sherlock dropping his gun to grab the tea is the most British thing ever."  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 13, 2017 2:53 pm  #126

January 13, 2017 3:07 pm  #127

Side note:  I find Sherlock's words on suicide in this scene some of the most profound and moving I have ever heard. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 13, 2017 3:20 pm  #128

tonnaree wrote:

Side note:  I find Sherlock's words on suicide in this scene some of the most profound and moving I have ever heard. 

Same here. I just love Steven's writing.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 13, 2017 3:27 pm  #129

nakahara wrote:

That whole scene is simply wonderful. I mean, we're back to Baker Street with the three of them (well, more or less the three of them...) talking. It's a bit as if we're revisiting that scene in HLV, but this time it's so, so different. This time it's right. It's perfect.  

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 13, 2017 5:40 pm  #130

See they heard you and gave what you asked for...nice Mark and Steven!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 14, 2017 9:19 pm  #131

January 14, 2017 9:37 pm  #132

John can´t stand it that a nice lady had been eating chips with Sherlock, obviously.... 

January 14, 2017 9:42 pm  #133

Think he just think Sherlock's lost it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 14, 2017 9:42 pm  #134

January 14, 2017 11:30 pm  #135

January 14, 2017 11:55 pm  #136

January 15, 2017 12:14 am  #137

Thanks for sharing all those beautiful gifs. It makes the wait less painful

tonnaree wrote:

​Yes! Those lines are simple and yet profound and beautiful. This has really touched me, above all as my husband committed suicide and I still struggle to accept it, even more than four years later. Sherlock is right. He took his own life away from me and our son and we are the ones missing it. That is very well put...

​I wonder if Sherlock has always thought that way about suicide, or if he saw it that way once he realised how much his fake suicide had affected John...

Last edited by Punch me in the face (January 15, 2017 12:15 am)

Just like old times...

January 15, 2017 5:29 am  #138

tonnaree wrote:

High AF Sherlock should NOT be this hot.   

Edited to add: Someone on tumblr refered to this as the "midnight blue shirt of F**K me now."

Ah, this scene!  And he IS that hottttt!!!
Just after this comes a most precious moment that I LOVE, which hasn't been mentioned:  (Sherlock has flashed to an image of John walking with his cane). He turns to the wall and grimaces as though he's about to cry... but is interrupted by Mrs. Hudson. 

Can you catch his pained expression for me???  I don't know how to make a gif-thingy. 

Last edited by Tilly11 (January 15, 2017 5:29 am)

January 15, 2017 8:36 am  #139

I need to watch again.

January 15, 2017 9:40 am  #140

Punch me in the face wrote:

Thanks for sharing all those beautiful gifs. It makes the wait less painful

tonnaree wrote:

​Yes! Those lines are simple and yet profound and beautiful. This has really touched me, above all as my husband committed suicide and I still struggle to accept it, even more than four years later. Sherlock is right. He took his own life away from me and our son and we are the ones missing it. That is very well put...

​I wonder if Sherlock has always thought that way about suicide, or if he saw it that way once he realised how much his fake suicide had affected John...

I found those words very moving too, and very true.  The person is no longer there to deal with it, but the people around them are left with it.  I'm sorry for your loss, Punch Me. 

Board footera