BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2017 7:15 pm  #21

Re: Sherrinford connection to Moriarty?

They are the same, aren't they?! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 9, 2017 7:41 pm  #22

I think that is the general idea. Just trying to come up with a nice twist 
Also, for some reason Mycroft thought that Sherrinfort was secure, while Euros was strolling down the streets with Sherlock. Sherrinfort not being Euros would explain that.

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

January 9, 2017 7:43 pm  #23

Oh I see...but my hands are itching to reach for Occam's razor!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 9, 2017 8:02 pm  #24

I am generally with you there, it's just sometimes I cannot resist the urge to throw something into the ether. It's good exercise for the brain, even if it usually does not lead to anything

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

January 9, 2017 8:05 pm  #25

Theorising is fine...

January 9, 2017 8:08 pm  #26

Can they be reconciled?

January 9, 2017 8:09 pm  #27

I still cannot wrap my head around this. Sian Brooke is younger than Benedict. Even if we assumed they were twins and had the same age, how could she disappear from his life? Must have been at a very young age if he does not recognise her. I think we have not seen the end of the rug pulls. 

As for Sherrinford, I still think it may be a house/institution/clinic. "Sherrinford is secure." "Call Sherrinford 2 pm." Could refer to on object as well. 

When John is talking to Mycroft about a third brother, Mycroft keeps saying "no". Which is true if they have a sister. But the word Sherrinford is not mentioned in both their exchanges. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 9, 2017 8:13 pm  #28

I have suggested that Sherrinford was removed at age 6, possibly after harming Redbeard.

January 9, 2017 8:18 pm  #29

I thought Sherrinford could be a place but Lady Smallwood said "do you still speak to Sherrinford?" which makes it sound like a person. Then again I guess it could work as "do you still speak to the clinic?" "Yes I get regular updates." as well?

Last edited by Lis (January 9, 2017 8:21 pm)

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 9, 2017 9:31 pm  #30

We never hear outright that Sherrinford is the same as Eurus. I think that connection comes from people trying to connect the dots and getting ahead of themselves. (I actually have no clue what I think on this whole matter. It's so up in the air right now!)

January 9, 2017 9:34 pm  #31

I thought she actually states they are the same thing, or person, actually.

January 9, 2017 9:59 pm  #32

No, she only says she is the secret "brother". We assume that Sherrinford stands for "the other one"=the secret brother, but actually, we do not know for certain that it does. Sherrinford could still be everything, a place, an organisation, even a forth Holmes sibling as far as we know.

January 10, 2017 5:16 pm  #33

Lola Red wrote:

No, she only says she is the secret "brother". We assume that Sherrinford stands for "the other one"=the secret brother, but actually, we do not know for certain that it does. Sherrinford could still be everything, a place, an organisation, even a forth Holmes sibling as far as we know.

Yep, that!

I've been trying to understand her motivation to harm John. She either works for/with Moriarty or wants to hurt Sherlock for someting that happened in the past. Or she's just mad, like the actress said in the behind the scenes video

But there are clues that connect her to Moriarty. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how it all plays out!

On a side note, the Lady in Red, the Bus Lady, Eurus and Sian look like four completely different people to me! O.o

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 10, 2017 5:39 pm  #34

I think I just didn't pay that much attention!

January 10, 2017 6:55 pm  #35

She is very changable. That's impressive! I didn't notice too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 11, 2017 12:30 pm  #36

I think it'd be awesome if she is connected to Moriarty. Perhaps Moriarty is really just a face, an 'actor', and Eurus is the real deal. Moriarty never actually says miss me -only in the prerecording and the controversial miss me? Screenings. Eurus could have been the one that broadcasted it, I mean with her note left to Sherlock with "miss me" on it I don't see why not. Perhaps it really was a case of whether her fam missed her LOL. Either way her knowledge of Sherlock, AND John (like knowing what bus he catches) couldn't have come from no where. She must have been keeping tabs so I think there's a definite connection between her and Moriarty

Last edited by mksherlock (January 11, 2017 12:32 pm)

Last one to Sherlock really was his SISSY

January 11, 2017 7:33 pm  #37

Isn't it a bit of a coincidence that somebody as unique as Moriarty was around someone as unique as Sherlock, back in the Carl Powers days?  We accept Mycroft and Sherlock as they're brothers.   They always stop at three.  There are four winds/compass points.  So I can see why people might see Moriarty as the fourth sibling!   It also makes "you know what happened to the other one" rather chilling, as Mycroft and Sherlock (probably) planned to drive him to suicide.  Obviously Sherrinford can't be his name, then, but it could be one of the other things mentioned.   (An experimental facility which has altered memories?)

Howevever, doesn't Eurus say something like the secret brother is a secret sister - suggesting only one secret sibling?

January 11, 2017 8:09 pm  #38

Quite so.

Board footera