BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2017 10:36 pm  #1

Sherrinford connection to Moriarty?

She left "miss me?" in her note to Sherlock, which everyone knows is Moriarty's catchphrase...so what's the connection?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 8, 2017 10:39 pm  #2

Re: Sherrinford connection to Moriarty?

Wouldn't that be awesome. Moriarty is actually connected to Sherlock's family? Might be one of them even?

I cannot wrap my head around it right now. Maybe they are on the same side, and it's just for attention. But then why threaten John?

Mycroft said he/she was "secure". Apparently not. But it's a hint Sherrinford isn't really a nice one. Or at least quite dangerous right now.

Last edited by Whisky (January 8, 2017 10:41 pm)

"It is what it is."

January 8, 2017 10:43 pm  #3

I think she's completely unhinged!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 8, 2017 10:45 pm  #4

When she began taking of her glasses in teh end, her mannerisms were just like Moriarty's. They must be connected somehow!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 8, 2017 10:50 pm  #5

God, it's so long until next Sunday ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 8, 2017 10:51 pm  #6

I may honest to god throw up.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 8, 2017 10:55 pm  #7

why didn't Sherlock recognise her?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 8, 2017 10:57 pm  #8

Do you think she's been in exile because she had/has something to do with Moriarty?

Was there a woman on board of that boat from the Setlock pictures?

-----------------------------------------
Just being a curl.

January 8, 2017 10:58 pm  #9

ewige wrote:

When she began taking of her glasses in teh end, her mannerisms were just like Moriarty's. They must be connected somehow!

At one point, when she was removing her contact lenses, I thought she was gonna pull off her whole face and it would be Moriarty underneath

January 8, 2017 11:01 pm  #10

I thought that for a minute too, Boss! 

Mycroft might have sent her away, given his words in HLV about the other one.   Interesting that Lady Smallwood and the other guy know about Sherrinford, then. 

January 8, 2017 11:04 pm  #11

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

ewige wrote:

At one point, when she was removing her contact lenses, I thought she was gonna pull off her whole face and it would be Moriarty underneath

Yeah, that! That was so creepy! Complete with his jaw movements and favorite vocab!

-----

January 8, 2017 11:04 pm  #12

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

ewige wrote:

Me too! I even thought her brown eye looked like Moriarty's. 

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

January 8, 2017 11:05 pm  #13

Rache wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

ewige wrote:

Maybe she's picked up Moriarty's mannerisms because she's been dating him

January 8, 2017 11:06 pm  #14

Liberty wrote:

I thought that for a minute too, Boss! 

Mycroft might have sent her away, given his words in HLV about the other one.   Interesting that Lady Smallwood and the other guy know about Sherrinford, then. 

Maybe because Sherinford was a risk? Like, for the national security? O.o

-----

January 8, 2017 11:10 pm  #15

Rache wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

ewige wrote:

And Mycroft's

-----------------------------------------
Just being a curl.

January 9, 2017 2:44 pm  #16

Maybe Euros hired 'Richard Brook'... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 9, 2017 4:00 pm  #17

Sherlock's Curl wrote:

Rache wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

And Mycroft's

????
Mycroft's eyes are not brown. Or do you mean the eye without the contact lens, the "Holmesian blue" one?

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

January 9, 2017 6:37 pm  #18

Whisky wrote:

Wouldn't that be awesome. Moriarty is actually connected to Sherlock's family? Might be one of them even?

I cannot wrap my head around it right now. Maybe they are on the same side, and it's just for attention. But then why threaten John?

Mycroft said he/she was "secure". Apparently not. But it's a hint Sherrinford isn't really a nice one. Or at least quite dangerous right now.

I don't support the "Sherrinford is the 4th sibling" theory, but what if in some twisted way Sherrinford = Moriarty?

I agree it doesn't make much sense, but it was just a funny thought that occurred to me as I read Whisky's post!

January 9, 2017 6:47 pm  #19

I do not think the Moriarty is related to the Holmes family (at least not by blood). But I wouldn't it be great if they fooled us into believing that Sherrinfort was the third Holmes brother, when it was actually the code name for Moriarty? 

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

January 9, 2017 7:13 pm  #20

But is really the sister meant with Sherrinford? I first thought that she is aka Euros.
Someone on tumblr suggested that ...“Sherrinford” here likely suggests a mental asylum or prison, and a very high security one..."

Last edited by Ivy (January 9, 2017 7:17 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera